Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #20,311 of 33,689
Ok I extended the nozzles on the ZS10s by about 5mm using heatsink tubing and some small diameter springs cut to length. They now actually work as an IEMs. What a terrible design. Ok im a large bloke 6 feet 3 with big ear canals but that's the first IEMs I haven't been able to get to work. Anyway bodged up like that they are pleasant enough, highs are a bit harsh and a bit muddled in places though bass is pretty decent.

A-B testing with the KC2 and WoW my appreciation for BQEYZ went up even further these things absolutely sparkle, so alive and dynamic sounding.

Love them.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #20,312 of 33,689
During the last week I received my KZ ZS10 and BQEYZ KC2 from the 11:11 sales. The KZ's just sound awful to me, thin weak, not doing anything well at all. I don't know if it's the fit but I've tried about 6 different sets of tips and nothing. They also ran for several hours plugged into the pc to try and break them in. Nothing.

The "thin" probably refers to the ZS10's strongly recessed midrange. This is obvious when superimposing its frequency response graph over those of similar models. You would have done better with the ZSR :wink:.

KZ_ZS10_ZS5_ZSR_FR-2.jpg

Here the whole review including extensive discussion of the thin midrange:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kz-zs10.23034/reviews#review-20247

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #20,313 of 33,689
No the thin sound was definitely caused because I couldn't get the things far enough into my ear canal to create a seal. With the nozzles lengthened they now seal and produce music.

They do sound quite muddled to me but that may well be due the the acoustic changes caused by my DIY. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #20,314 of 33,689
Ok I extended the nozzles on the ZS10s by about 5mm using heatsink tubing and some small diameter springs cut to length. They now actually work as an IEMs. What a terrible design. Ok im a large bloke 6 feet 3 with big ear canals but that's the first IEMs I haven't been able to get to work. Anyway bodged up like that they are pleasant enough, highs are a bit harsh and a bit muddled in places though bass is pretty decent.

A-B testing with the KC2 and WoW my appreciation for BQEYZ went up even further these things absolutely sparkle, so alive and dynamic sounding.

Love them.

I've once taken a bad decision to buy KZ. Here is what happened: link
On the other hand - love BQEYZ KB100: link

I think that BQEYZ is investing much more efforts in every single IEMs whereas KZ just stamping it in huge numbers

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #20,315 of 33,689
Whoever decided on the stock tip for the ez audio d4 should be shot. I felt the headphones were pretty lackluster as a first impression but man they sound different with better tips. Still trying to find the right ones but boy does it make a improvement. At this point I still think the KZ ed16 is better tho but I'm really gonna give the d4 a good listen tomorrow.

I also ended up getting my pair of qcy qm05. First impressions are quite impressive for the cost(7 USD)

They seem to be a more fun, consumer grade sound but really quite impressive for the price. Solid wire, quite comfy, and sounds good. I'm looking forward to giving these a good listen at work tomorrow.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:11 AM Post #20,317 of 33,689
Here are my quick first impressions and overview of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3.

I was looking for a new capable IEM to serve as my daily drivers as well as rugged monitors for live gigs. I was advised to go for the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 in the sub $200 category of IEMs enthusiastically by Prime Audio, Audio123 and Penon. 

Just reading the description impressed me as it uses all Knowles Balanced Armature drivers with 3 crossovers, 7 tuning switches and 12 frequency division components on both sides(USA and Japan HQ components). It has a low frequency sound tube channel combination, high frequency independent catheter plus damping (info taken from Penon's listing).

The fit and finish is amongst the best I've seen in this price range. The seam isn't visible and there aren't any bubbles in the body. The nozzle is finished in matte so that the eartips don't slip away as it isn't a traditional lip design.

It has 3 dip switches which lets you alter the sound signature a bit and it works well. The difference isn't night and day but a very tasteful addition of bass or treble with different combinations of the switches. I'd suggest everyone try different combinations to see which one they like best.

I must say that from the first listen, I was very comfortable with the sound signature. 
In the default 020 mode, everything sounds well balanced and natural. I've taken them for spin across various genres and everything sounds exactly like how I expect it to. Quantity of bass is enough and is impactful when it needs to be. Mids are well balanced across all frequencies. Treble clarity is very good and there aren't any intrusive high frequency boosts which makes for an enjoyable and fatigue free listening experience.

Soundstage, imaging and separation are all good. In modern music's busy mixes with guitars, synths, bass, drums and percussion, you’ll be able to hear everything clearly and positioned in the image accurately. Soundstage is of the kind which makes you feel a ‘part of the band’ rather than an ‘audience member in the crowd’.

I definitely recommend the TSMR-3 to people who would like a well built resin based IEM with a balanced tuning and an added advantage of tuning switches.

Attachments

• Tansio Mirai.jpeg
    Tansio Mirai.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #20,318 of 33,689
1543825268953.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #20,320 of 33,689
Done reviewing iKKO OH1. Very appealing and capable IEMs.
Here is my full review on HeadFi: LINK
And at my website: LINK
Great review! after demo'ing the Kinera Idun I really love the sound of it and glad to have found another reviewer with similar tastes!
I'm kind of worried the DM6 I purchased during 11/11 will not have the sound signature of the Idun's.

To all Ostry KC06a lovers the Idun will not disappointed I consider it an upgrade on the KC06a. Although I only demo'ed them for 10 minutes the signature of the Idun's are very close.
Natural sounding instruments and vocals with elevated treble.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #20,321 of 33,689
Great review! after demo'ing the Kinera Idun I really love the sound of it and glad to have found another reviewer with similar tastes!
I'm kind of worried the DM6 I purchased during 11/11 will not have the sound signature of the Idun's.

To all Ostry KC06a lovers the Idun will not disappointed I consider it an upgrade on the KC06a. Although I only demo'ed them for 10 minutes the signature of the Idun's are very close.
Natural sounding instruments and vocals with elevated treble.

Thanks for the feedback. Kinera IDUN are great IEMs but iKKO OH1 doesn't lack the lower end. On the other hand - IDUN has better and more gentle treble. As written in my review - Kinera would realease IDUN Deluxe soon with rework of lower range. Here is the AFR from them in comparion to regular IDUN. Green - IDUN Deluxe. Red - regular IDUN

46754924_2227075404238994_3084203778895773696_o.jpg

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #20,322 of 33,689
Thanks for the feedback. Kinera IDUN are great IEMs but iKKO OH1 doesn't lack the lower end. On the other hand - IDUN has better and more gentle treble. As written in my review - Kinera would realease IDUN Deluxe soon with rework of lower range. Here is the AFR from them in comparion to regular IDUN. Green - IDUN Deluxe. Red - regular IDUN

I saw the post on their official Facebook page about the Idun deluxe but its only limited to 500 pieces, hope to have a chance to try them before deciding!
Did you have a chance to try the DM6? could you give us a comparison if you did?

I tried the Hifi boy OSv3 too and they sounded unnatural to me, I don't know if it's because I'm not used to the sound signature but it makes the singers sound like they have a flu.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #20,323 of 33,689
No
I saw the post on their official Facebook page about the Idun deluxe but its only limited to 500 pieces, hope to have a chance to try them before deciding!
Did you have a chance to try the DM6? could you give us a comparison if you did?

I tried the Hifi boy OSv3 too and they sounded unnatural to me, I don't know if it's because I'm not used to the sound signature but it makes the singers sound like they have a flu.

No, haven't tried those...

Dec 3, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #20,324 of 33,689
Just received my Whizzer Kylin A-He03, and they're quite nice, in person. As for the sound, right out of the box they definitely sound like @chickenmoon said... PLENTY of bass. So if these are supposed to have more treble than the DM6, I am starting to look LESS forward to receiving the DM6, lol

We'll see how it goes... maybe burn in will help. Or maybe the DM6 will be better :) .

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #20,325 of 33,689
Just received my Whizzer Kylin A-He03, and they're quite nice, in person. As for the sound, right out of the box they definitely sound like @chickenmoon said... PLENTY of bass. So if these are supposed to have more treble than the DM6, I am starting to look LESS forward to receiving the DM6, lol

We'll see how it goes... maybe burn in will help. Or maybe the DM6 will be better :) .
I am not able to get a perfect fit.. what tips are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back