Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 14, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #19,788 of 33,689
Of course...boosting the upper treble region = more clarity and detail retrieval. But just increasing treble is a cheap parlour trick and is inferior to having true resolution.

This is 100% true statement, regardless of the gear we’re talking about - T2, T2 Pro, or whatever.

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #19,789 of 33,689
How a pair of IEM's can have treble in the bass hits is beyond me :wink:
Hehe. Well...if you listen to a Bjork record or old school rap (electronic drum machine). You’ll hear the “pounce” sound in the bass hits. So bass and treble are both important for that kind of hit to sound full and rounded. Otherwise it’s just sub and low bass (you know, like McVie in Fleetwood Mac after 1976). :wink:

Nov 14, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #19,790 of 33,689
Nov 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #19,791 of 33,689
While we are on the subject of the T2s my T2 look-alikes with the 2 pin cables have arrived. They are very well-made and sound impressive with a neutral signature and plenty of detail. Resolution is excellent with a good soundstage and nice smooth extended highs. Bass is solid and nicely balanced. Cable is great quality. I don't have the T2 so can't compare but they are superior to the DM5, V80, ZS10, QT2 and Artiste DC1. I will burn in for a bit longer (only had 24 hours so far).
I really want to get a pair to try I've heard really good things about them maybe I'll put them on my Christmas list. I have so many IEM's already though and have at least 4 more on the way depending on how many I get in my lucky bag it could be 6 more . Also lets be honest here having to say the brand that shall not be named is getting really annoying and dumb. I understand why they are banned but we talk about them anyway in a secretive way and we all know exactly who they are. In fact I think it may add to their hype more than just using their name because it's like what's this secret IEM no one talks about kinda thing. Anyway that's my opinion on it and I won't go on about it anymore.

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #19,792 of 33,689
How any IEM with that much sibilance can be considered "better" is beyond me. Each to his own I guess...
Honestly, I don't hear much (if any) siblilance with these. I'm using a Shanling M3s (both sound pretty bright with this) and Hidizs DH1000 (neither is overly bright with this). I don't hear any distortions in the upper range. But I can see how a lot of treble might make someone experience "sibilance."

Nov 14, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #19,793 of 33,689
I really want to get a pair to try I've heard really good things about them maybe I'll put them on my Christmas list. I have so many IEM's already though and have at least 4 more on the way depending on how many I get in my lucky bag it could be 6 more . Also lets be honest here having to say the brand that shall not be named is getting really annoying and dumb. I understand why they are banned but we talk about them anyway in a secretive way and we all know exactly who they are. In fact I think it may add to their hype more than just using their name because it's like what's this secret IEM no one talks about kinda thing. Anyway that's my opinion on it and I won't go on about it anymore.
They are very good, definitely worth getting. With regard to the banned brand, are they still doing whatever was deemed unacceptable?

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #19,794 of 33,689
They are very good, definitely worth getting. With regard to the banned brand, are they still doing whatever was deemed unacceptable?
I don't know but if they are they aren't doing it on this form because of the bans. Maybe the mods should reevaluate the situation though since it's been over a year since this happened but I don't know.

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #19,796 of 33,689
I don't know but if they are they aren't doing it on this form because of the bans. Maybe the mods should reevaluate the situation though since it's been over a year since this happened but I don't know.

It's been over two years :wink:

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #19,798 of 33,689
Of course, the original doesn't sound as clear side by side with the Pro; boosting the upper treble region = more clarity and detail retrieval. But just increasing treble is a cheap parlour trick and is inferior to having true resolution.

So, you listened to them both together and came to the conclusion that the T2 sounds "mushy". How many times have you seen that term or anything similar used for describing the T2 over the last year? Probably 0. Instead, it has been praised for its neutrality and clear, balanced sound but that and pretty much anything else will sound dull/warm right after you've had the Pro in your ears.

I've already said in my review that the Pro is great with certain types of music but that doesn't make it a great IEM overall. I've also said that for a $60 IEM I think the Pro kinda blows and explained how I came to that conclusion.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic. The people can make of it what they will.

Yes, I have said in comaprison.

By themselves, both are clear, bright, slightly sibilant, airy, soundstage-wide.

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #19,799 of 33,689
I think it has been several years and possibly involved other people. I believe in second chances.
Half-Year Anniversary
I tried to bring this point across half a year ago as well as I alluded to the forbidden - the result (for the second): I was reported by a fellow Head-Fier and lost posting privileges in two threads indefinitely with little prospect of "Head-Fi parole". No idea what the ongoing purpose of this is...and happy to share the anniversary cake with the snitch :wink:.

Unknown.png image.jpg

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #19,800 of 33,689
Half-Year Anniversary
I tried to bring this point across half a year ago as well as I alluded to the forbidden - the result (for the second): I was reported by a fellow Head-Fier and lost posting privileges in two threads indefinitely with little prospect of "Head-Fi parole". No idea what the ongoing purpose of this is...and happy to share the anniversary cake with the snitch :wink:.

Is that you in the picture with your little black list?

Sorry for your misfortune but couldn't resist.
You're good man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back