Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #19,651 of 33,689
Yep, I occassionally get tagged for duties on things but seems to be more likely Fedex than DHL for that. Not sure I have ever been hit with customs duties on e-packet but a couple have been cut open for inspection.

When they do that, they're almost always looking for the crazy drugs coming mail order from China, like bath salts, flakka, etc. Sometimes the outside of the packages have traces of that stuff (from contact during the shipping process), so it sets off the alarm bells and they set it aside for inspection.

Heck, the majority of American currency has trace amounts of cocaine on the bills (true story). Once it's contaminated it's pretty much there forever.

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #19,652 of 33,689
When they do that, they're almost always looking for the crazy drugs coming mail order from China, like bath salts, flakka, etc. Sometimes the outside of the packages have traces of that stuff (from contact during the shipping process), so it sets off the alarm bells and they set it aside for inspection.

Heck, the majority of American currency has trace amounts of cocaine on the bills (true story). Once it's contaminated it's pretty much there forever.

Good reminder to wash your hands after opening those packages isnt it?

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #19,653 of 33,689
Just bought the DM6 for $168. Got a hole in the pocket and a stare from my wife.
upload_2018-11-12_0-36-26.gif

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #19,654 of 33,689
My only 11.11. purchase is a 8 core copper 2 pin cable for my new love BQEYZ KC2
For me just too good to be true

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #19,655 of 33,689
Good reminder to wash your hands after opening those packages isnt it?

Absolutely - I ALWAYS do!

Amazon packages, normal postal mail, etc. If people knew how many hands and surfaces their mail and packaged touched it would make you gag.

The USPS has considered ways to sanitize all mail and packages, but nothing has been settled on that's widespread and standardized yet.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/law/crime-and-law-enforcement/mail-sanitization

Nov 11, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #19,657 of 33,689
I bought the 11.11 Lucky bag special from NiceHCK too on a tip that I would like it. After last lucky bag was the EB2, I have big expectations. Jim has hit the mark pretty solidly on the last few so when he told me I should add one to my order I didnt hesitate.

I have a box of D4s coming for Christmas presents, a NiceHCK EP35 (Onkyo 700 clone) and the lucky bag on the way from NiceHCK. I did do DHL shipping just to make sure I had them in time to put them in stockings.

After reading your review of EZAUDIO D4 i have ordered one. Now you have convinced me to buy the lucky bag too :ksc75smile:

Nov 11, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #19,658 of 33,689
They have great detail and clarity. When put on a scope, they have a bump in the treble but it is a wide enough bump that it doesnt show as a spike or feel fatiguing. I was skeptical when asked to review them and within minutes of pulling them off my burn-in box I was looking at them sideways saying is this the $8 one. I think a bit of burn in helps as the titanium driver.

I took these to my office and the crew there is used to me having some "insanely priced" headphone so I didnt tell them anything about the D4 and invited them to try it. Once they had, I asked them to price it for me. Nobody said less than $50 and several put it in the $100-200 range based on the sound signature.

This is one of the few inexpensive offerings I have heard where sub-bass is neartly linear with the mid-bass and mids. No bass bleed to mention and great control of the lower range. I can see this same driver being great with a low pass filter applied and used for 1kHz down with a couple BAs paired with it for mids and highs. It could be used to make an extremely linear in-ear as it is near linear to about 2k where the climb begins.
So curious for these now. Thanks!

For under $22, I'll be the guinea pig on this.

Despite no aptX/AAC, no volume rocker buttons, charging via a microusb cable, and the other stuff people were complaining about, you can't get a decent pair of true wireless earphones for $22 period. Nothing is perfect.

The fact that these will work on over 50% of my IEM collection is worth it for that reason alone.

I'll let you all know how they turn out.
Clever concept! :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #19,659 of 33,689
I am guessing that it will be a smallish iem with a single dynamic driver and that it will sound great :) I was very happy with the earbud fukubukuro that I got a couple of months ago.
Interesting: 520 fukubukuro available but 636 orders submitted. I hope not to get a Rock Zircon :).

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #19,660 of 33,689
Interesting: 520 fukubukuro available but 636 orders submitted. I hope not to get a Rock Zircon :).

I know... seems he managed to source some more. I wonder if late purchasers will wait longer for a new batch. It will not be a Rock Zircon :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #19,661 of 33,689
No, it was @Wiljen over at the audiofool blog...and it was also recommended to me by the seller as being good. This could be the new Rock Zircon for Igor.

I'll be shocked if after burn in, you don't think they are one of the best $8 spends you could have made. I continue to be impressed enough to be using them regularly. The only other earphone I orginally bought as a review sample I can say that about is the Campfire Comet. That puts the D4 in pretty good company.

I've been away from head-fi for a long time & now decided to buy another cheap IEM. I almost bought the EZAudio D4 as it received a lot of praise here, but the reviews described these IEMs as having a bright signature. I'm very treble sensitive & I usually like a warm, bassy sound signature. I love to listen to chillout trance, chillstep & liquid dnb at moderate volume levels for extended periods of time. Currently, I alternate between KZ ZST & KZ ZS3. The ZST hurts my ears after a while & the ZS3 sometimes sounds too muddy.

Do you think the D4s are still right for me? If no, do you have any other alternatives below $20? I prefer if they have a small footprint (I tend to sleep with my IEMs) & an inline mic would be nice as well. Thank you.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #19,662 of 33,689
I've been away from head-fi for a long time & now decided to buy another cheap IEM. I almost bought the EZAudio D4 as it received a lot of praise here, but the reviews described these IEMs as having a bright signature. I'm very treble sensitive & I usually like a warm, bassy sound signature. I love to listen to chillout trance, chillstep & liquid dnb at moderate volume levels for extended periods of time. Currently, I alternate between KZ ZST & KZ ZS3. The ZST hurts my ears after a while & the ZS3 sometimes sounds too muddy.

Do you think the D4s are still right for me? If no, do you have any other alternatives below $20? I prefer if they have a small footprint (I tend to sleep with my IEMs) & an inline mic would be nice as well. Thank you.
No piercing treble and not really bassy either. The tinge of brightness comes from a life in the upper midrange and lower treble - but it is not dramatic. As to the bass: it is somewhat realistic - I find it very good. For $7.99 it is worth a try.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #19,664 of 33,689
My only 11.11. purchase is a 8 core copper 2 pin cable for my new love BQEYZ KC2
Mine is almost the same, but MMCX and 2 spin fits. Mission complete.

Nov 11, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #19,665 of 33,689
Just bought the DM6 for $168. Got a hole in the pocket and a stare from my wife.
Why on Earth are you letting your wife know? Get them delivered to your office or a buddies house....

Absolutely - I ALWAYS do!

Amazon packages, normal postal mail, etc. If people knew how many hands and surfaces their mail and packaged touched it would make you gag.

The USPS has considered ways to sanitize all mail and packages, but nothing has been settled on that's widespread and standardized yet.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/social-sciences-and-law/law/crime-and-law-enforcement/mail-sanitization
It's a common misconception that most harmful viruses and bacteria can live "out in the open" or on most surfaces for very long. A very large percentage die rather quickly. Stuff lives on your skin/hands an even shorter amount of time generally.

There are some exceptions of course (norovirus, c.diff) but mostly, if you let something sit for a couple hours in open air, a lot of germs will just die. Really your hands are probably pretty clean (minus deposits) after a few minutes.

The obvious solution if it was deemed necessary is just running everything through a UVC lit area.

If you're obsessive compulsive like me, the phonesoap is a great product btw.

Also, still some crazy good 11.11 deals. Toneking BL1 for 172.... I don't need it, I don't need it I don't need it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back