Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #19,622 of 33,689
I'm looking into a planar IEM, just in case I decide not to go with the Super SD7 Plus I've been eyeing for weeks now. I've checked out:

**** MT100

Toneking BL1

Audeze ISINE 10

I have zero problem with Chi-Fi (love it, in fact lol), and I can handle a few weeks wait if I have to. Which of these would you guys suggest? I do like a more neutral, midrange-based tuning. But if general sound quality / build quality is just astoundingly higher in a different product I'd be more inclined to go with it.

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:01 AM Post #19,623 of 33,689
Nov 11, 2018 at 7:32 AM Post #19,626 of 33,689
It's always been that price. It's the Aliexpress price that jumped, just as the 11.11 sale started which I thought was cheeky.

Seems they've picked up a few things from amazon market place then. That always seems to creep higher just as a "sale" is around the corner.

Nov 11, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #19,627 of 33,689
For those who are interested in the TRN BT20 wireless module, and were put off by the ridiculous launch price gouging, it has deflated to sane and probably acceptable ( for a lot of people) prices in the US$25/- range. Great "filler" item to get through to that next discount coupon threshold. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

HTB1urTpXLfsK1RjSszbq6AqBXXaD.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...lgo_pvid=eed634b7-af7d-4fec-9f9a-6f610e2c8dcd

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRN...lgo_pvid=eed634b7-af7d-4fec-9f9a-6f610e2c8dcd

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #19,628 of 33,689
My collection IS
Kz AS10
KZ ZS10
KZ ZS6
MACAW GT600S
BQEYZ KC2
Tin Audio T2
KZ ZSN

KZ ED9 which is same particularity than macaw

I love EB2 For my job ( phone technical assistant) because it's open and great sound !

I'll see next month for the dt300 which seems very interesting... Or dt500 I don't know really

Oh and I create a Twitter French fan account for KZ I create a community in France with my review

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #19,630 of 33,689
@ TechnoidFR could you please make a quick comparo between AS10 and BQEYZ KC2? How KZ ZSN holds against AS10?
thanks

Kc2 = zs6 without high treble peak, less isolated, more space. Great sub bass

Zsn is zst with better speed, more brilliant, more detail.

Globally is the as10 that I prefer. Technically better and more polyvalent

Kc2 is more neutral and aerial than as10. Less detail
Zsn is more bassy, very fun, more brilliant and mids is more recessed

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #19,631 of 33,689
Were you the firestarter on this one? Cool! What makes them so good?
No, it was @Wiljen over at the audiofool blog...and it was also recommended to me by the seller as being good. This could be the new Rock Zircon for Igor.

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #19,632 of 33,689
The yellow would look cool with any of the vintage Sony “Sports” Walkmans lol

you're not far off, lol

this is one of the promo pics for it (not sure why they didn't use the yellow one to pose with the player)

O1CN011v8fXsAomWULMme_!!3897916128.jpg

other than the funky look, it does seem like they designed it with care, only 1 product on their store so I imagine its their debut model. With the $100 range being as congested as it is, having another choice won't hurt

O1CN011v8fXlAcVtcBwsJ_!!3897916128.jpg

I am 100% certain that if Sony released a series of 1980s walkmen (or "ghetto blasters") they would sell like hotcakes.
I found this discman for $2 at a yard sale. Works great but looks as if it had served as a shooting target.

So all this talk about vintage Sony Walkmans made me dig out my old WM-AF54 Walkman (https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_radio_cassette_player_sports_walkman_wm_af54.html).

The cool thing about these Walkmans, was they opened like a Pelican case. They were waterproof, and had a removable belt clip. The plastic Sony used is extremely high quality - thick, UV treated, with super heavy duty hinges. All of the stress points (clasp, etc) are reinforced with stainless steel. All of the holes and ports are covered by silicone plugs.

Mine stopped working years ago, but I recently found a purpose for it.

The entire cassette 'guts' are able to be removed (completely as 1 piece), by simply removing 2 screws. I then lined the inside of the case with adhesive-backed velvet/velour fabric.

It was so easy - it literally took under 10 minutes from start to finish.

Now I have a 'retro' carry case. The inside is plenty roomy. There is enough room for any of the following:

1. IEM + multiple cables.
2. (2) IEMs + cables.
3. IEM + a DAP or phone.
4. DAPs + a headphone amp (cable included).

The case closes completely and securely with all of the combinations.

After 10 years of use and 20 years of sitting in a box, it looks as perfect as the day I bought it in 1989. The glue holding the radio tuning plate was old and crusty, so I reglued it with fresh epoxy.

Check it out:

Closed:
DSCN0001.JPG

Inside with velour lining:
DSCN0003.JPG
DSCN0004.JPG

Amp + iPod classic with cable (amp on bottom):
DSCN0006.JPG
DSCN0005.JPG
DSCN0008.JPG

Amp + iPod touch with cable (amp on bottom):
DSCN0007.JPG

Amp + xduoo X3 (amp on bottom):
DSCN0009.JPG

xduoo X3 with IEM:
DSCN0012.JPG

IEM by itself:
DSCN0010.JPG

Now I'm so Hipster and 'retrocool', I can ride to Starbucks on my pennyfarthing, pull out my HeadFi from my retro Sony Walkman storage case, and type my novel on a manual typewriter! haha

IMG-2931.JPG
IMG-2932.JPG

In all seriousness though, I enjoy repurposing stuff that have would otherwise ended up in the landfill!

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #19,633 of 33,689
i ended up succumbing to the hype and buying the d4--we'll see if there's a new <$10 champ. also the bqeyz bq3 (for some reason i couldn't pull the trigger on the dmg, dm6, audbos p4 and moondrop kanas, which i was also targeting).

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #19,634 of 33,689
[..]
Now I'm so Hipster, I can ride to Starbucks on my pennyfarthing, pull out my HeadFi from my retro Sony cassette case, and type my novel on my manual typewriter! haha

In all seriousness though, I think it's pretty cool especially to repurpose something that would otherwise have ended up in the landfill!
I'm pretty sure typewriters and other superannuated tech are likely to lead to decreased effectiveness, so their rightful place is the landfill. If it really is ineffective, then it's more interesting as a sociological/psychological study subject than a great idea for adoption to one's everyday life.

But, yeah, yeah, I know it was mostly about the box, and I admit that using it is a good idea.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #19,635 of 33,689
i ended up succumbing to the hype and buying the d4--we'll see if there's a new <$10 champ. also the bqeyz bq3 (for some reason i couldn't pull the trigger on the dmg, dm6, audbos p4 and moondrop kanas, which i was also targeting).

Did you buy your lucky bag yet? That could turn out to be a champ too. I just noticed that a few with mic have been added for those who need that option... but very few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back