Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 24, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #19,096 of 33,689
KB100 are supposed to have slightly elevated mids and forward (female) vocals. The earphones which I believe you are mentioning seem to have recessed mids....if I am correct. So I think they are different. (Not that I can say much since I don't own any)

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #19,098 of 33,689
What do people listen to with these? I looked at DM6 graph on AliExpress and it looked really similar to Tenhz P4 Pro graph -
8vzr9lSORj2gRTHMZQoZ_TenhzP4pro.bmp

Now, if I'd listen to metal or rock with a quick tempo on IEMs with such a raw frequency response, I'd have problems following the melody of the bass (I'd equalize ~+10dB 20-200Hz, maybe descending) and high-sounding electric guitar (~+10dB 2-4kHz ascending). With no equalizer available I'd choose a 15$ KZ over anything with this signature. Or is it not about the music, but about my ears being deafened at those frequency ranges?
received audbos p4 (same BA config than tenhz p4 pro, maybe different tuning) and bass is great for metal and rock. enough quantity (except if you are a basshead), fast attack (punchy), long decay (rumble). you can easy follow bass melody. sub-bass is not extended, though. about upper-mids, yes, they are not loud, but guess it won't need +10dB either.
i don't know if it's about music, but you get quite better resolution, details, separation, imaging, etc. with these than with a $15 kz.

Oct 24, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #19,099 of 33,689
Sure, but I got the same thing twice (the second was a review sample).

Don’t get me wrong, I dislike the fact that these companies aren’t more transparent about which ones are clones of which.

Not knowing that is how I ended up with multiple versions of basically the same IEM (the BGVP DN1 and it’s clones).

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #19,100 of 33,689
Nice impressions! Sounds like it may be a good alternative to the Audeze iSine or Unique Melody ME1. Too bad about the isolation, let us know if you decide to keep the foam mod long-term and how it works out.
Thanks! So the 20 hour burn in is done. The bass is now much more natural but still linear. However, one of the disappointing result is the 10khz peak is now more aggressive than before and sometimes overpowering the mids. It reminds me of the treble of the Campfire Audio Vega, and from memory, they sound almost similar if not, a little bit more than the Vega’s treble. Some people may like this treble but for me, it’s just too aggressive and fatiguing.

Looking inside the sound tube of the BL1, you’ll see that there are no damping material of some sorts. It basically just a metal grill in front to protect the driver from earwax buildup. No idea if all planar magnetic IEM has some sort of sound dampers in front of their sound tube but I decided to do another mod to tame the 10khz treble of the BL1.

This time, I used a foam that can be bought mostly on stationary shops (Polyurethane Foam). The thickness I chose is 5mm. This foam has a similar texture to foams used on microphones: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81XLR9gUr1L._SL1500_.jpg
We have tons of this in the office as we use them for packaging stuff.

Using a steel tube of the same diameter of the tube of the BL1, I proceed on cutting two cylindrical shaped foams. If you can’t find one, you can try cutting it with scissors although it’s a bit difficult.

I then inserted the foams inside the tube of each eartips. And behold, the 10khz peak has smooth out. It’s still sparkly, but now the mids a much more lush and natural.

I’m thinking of removing the metal grill of the IEM and replacing it with just the foam inside the tube. Still, I need to do more tests to make sure I’m going to the right direction. It is a pain to tip roll as I need to remove the foam and insert it again in the new eartip.

UPDATE: I decided to remove the grill and place the foam inside the tube. I then returned the grill back, same result, tamed 10khz treble. I used a x-acto knife to carefully lift the grill without damaging it.
Images below:
Before (grill removed, foam placed inside the sound tube):
IMG_4246.jpeg

After (foam now inside the grill):
IMG_4247.jpeg

Below are images of the foam mod:
IMG_4239.jpeg IMG_4241.jpeg IMG_4242.jpeg IMG_4243.jpeg IMG_4245.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #19,101 of 33,689
Edit: also for the ones waiting for my dmg vs tehnz p4 pro early impressions

For a v-shape experience, both DMG or hifiboy are superior than it01. So, ibasso is out.

For around 100$, hifiboy is also out. But it's ok because HBB doesn't exactly say they are better than DMG'S. Actually he say that DMG'S have more information and detail in mids and highs. OSv3 has better Bass. So you are 110% good with DMG'S.

You have DMG'S and tenhz p4 pro/audbos p4 as options. Both very close to to 100$.

Impressions: I have DMG'S and tehnz. Tehnz are balanced, authoritative, energetic. Mid centric but with very good atack on bass. You won't miss it as it isn't rolled off. You can't eq sub bass tho. It is a driver limitation that made HBB take off the tehnz of the top 5, they made second place before that. When ABing dmg and p4 we can habe tue impression that p4 are more tiring because of the way that the voices and instruments go INTO your head. Everything is SO clear that sometimes it is weird. But they aren't really tiring actually. No peaks, fatigue free. But mid centric and heavy sound with a slightly warm focus.

Dmg's have better sub bass, recessed mids compared to p4. Less atack and energy in the low mids and slighly softer mid bass(dinamic driver...) making a more confortable experience. They stay in the middle of the road because the bass on DMG'S are actually soft, and the sub bass are only the needed and the emphasised mid bass are very controlled, no coloration in sound or leak to the mids. The DMG's are warm, but not bassy, the mids are thinner with emphasis in the high mids-treble transition compared to p4. That have very thick mids. The overall sound seem more rounded and easy to a V shaped used ear. The p4 feels heavier. Everything on DMG'S sounds somekind of thinner in comparison. But they aren't thin, do you get it ? The p4 can soud better sometimes, less musical other times, Don't know exactly. Transition from high mids to treble on p4 are perfect for me, as they aren't after any valley, no information is missed and treble is easy on the ear. Very energetic and natural, some people are finding the treble pronounced, not my case. On good recordings of course.

I think that the feeling or the aspect that makes me hesitate to say clealy that i found p4 as superior than DMG's is that they make clear that you are listening to a digital recording, like a hi fidelity sistem in your ear. The DMG's are more forgiving in that aspect and can sound easier to the listener. So it is toe to toe, the dynamics on DMG seems a little more natural FOR ME and UNTIL NOW in some way.

It is a matter of preference. You can't go wrong with both.
Don't write the os v3 off haha, in hbb's recent video he rates them second best now all of a sudden! They seem to have grown on him now by leap frogging the dmg's. These are absolutely fantastic all around iems and I feel some people don't want these thinking that they have a big v which is not true at all. I honestly find the male vocals good with the ever slightest bit of recession and female vocals tend to take more a penalty due to its tuning but still sound rather good. They have tremendous bass performance and very masterfully done treble that sounds well controlled with smoothness and detail. The soundstage has this great feeling of putting everything in front of you and is quite spacious. My only problem with these were that I find them having average body compared to the other iems I have tried which sound more lush and natural to me.

My last iem purchase which is on the way shall be the ns-5 dream bridge which has very high praise going for them and is priced similar to the dm6.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #19,102 of 33,689
I dont remember what i saw in this thread regarding the store "Audio&Video Professional Store" on aliexpress, but I noticed my BGVP DM6 was being sent to Spain while I am in Canada What. Guess I am getting a refund and looking elsewhere. A real shame I wasted 2 weeks waiting for the order.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #19,103 of 33,689
I dont remember what i saw in this thread regarding the store "Audio&Video Professional Store" on aliexpress, but I noticed my BGVP DM6 was being sent to Spain while I am in Canada What. Guess I am getting a refund and looking elsewhere. A real shame I wasted 2 weeks waiting for the order.
Same thing, they provided a tracking number but the destination was another country.
Be mindful that they are likely to suggest refund via PayPal, and some people here were burned, so insist on refund via AliExpress procedure.
Please let me know how communication re:refund goes, here or via PM.
PS: if you did not message them expect to hear a story about the package being “lost” and shipping in 10-14 days as new batch becomes available.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #19,104 of 33,689
Just got Binary Acoustics EP1. Similar house sound with the unicorn with slightly higher resolution up above and more forward upper mid, which is good for female vocals mostly but also makes it actually less balanced than unicorn, bass amount may actually be a bit less but with better definition. Still impressively full range sounding and more pleasant to hear than pretty much everything else I've tried this year for my taste, I'm a fan of this brand now.

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #19,105 of 33,689
Same thing, they provided a tracking number but the destination was another country.
Be mindful that they are likely to suggest refund via PayPal, and some people here were burned, so insist on refund via AliExpress procedure.
Please let me know how communication re:refund goes, here or via PM.
PS: if you did not message them expect to hear a story about the package being “lost” and shipping in 10-14 days as new batch becomes available.

Right, I'll quote my interaction with the seller so far:

Me:
"Hello, according to the tracking number my order is being shipped to Spain, while I am in Canada.

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=CP383105764CN "

Seller:
"
Dear friend,

Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.

Regards."

I am NOT waiting 10-14 days then the whole shipping process esp the chances they screw me over again are extremely high. Avoid this seller

Oct 25, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #19,106 of 33,689
Right, I'll quote my interaction with the seller so far:

Me:
"Hello, according to the tracking number my order is being shipped to Spain, while I am in Canada.

https://t.17track.net/en#nums=CP383105764CN "

Seller:
"
Dear friend,

Sorry that your parcel maybe has been lost on the way. and we just got the information that it is not available now, so would you mind waiting about 10-14 days for the resend one?once we get the new batch, we will send out as soon as we can . or we will give you a refund.

Regards."

I am NOT waiting 10-14 days then the whole shipping process esp the chances they screw me over again are extremely high. Avoid this seller

My guess?

They told you that your package got sent to Spain instead of Canada (by giving you the Spanish package's tracking number). And they told the customer from Spain that their package got sent to Canada instead of Spain (by giving them the Canadian package's tracking number).

Then they gave both of you the story about the packages being "lost", which seems believable because the tracking numbers show this as "evidence".

Then will offer a PayPal refund in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, they are doing gosh-knows-what with everyone's money...

Why this seller keeps giving this story about packages being lost/damaged and to wait 2 more weeks is beyond me. But it's shady as heck, and I would avoid that seller like the plague (regardless of what kind of deals or discounts they offer during Aliexpress sales).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #19,107 of 33,689
My guess?

They told you that your package got sent to Spain instead of Canada (by giving you the Spanish package's tracking number). And they told the customer from Spain that their package got sent to Canada instead of Spain (by giving them the Canadian package's tracking number).

Then they gave both of you the story about the packages being "lost", which seems believable because the tracking numbers show this as "evidence".

Then will offer a PayPal refund in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, they are doing gosh-knows-what with everyone's money...

Why this seller keeps giving this story about packages being lost/damaged and to wait 2 more weeks is beyond me. But it's shady as heck, and I would avoid that seller like the plague (regardless of what kind of deals or discounts they offer during Aliexpress sales).
Uh oh, I just pre-ordered from them for the 11.11 deals. They're selling the bgvp dm6 for 153 before coupons....

Probably should just cancel this one. Funny how 97% Positive feedback on Ali actually means they're really bad.

Also, @kevinscottcaja , jeez, give them 100-150 hours before doing any more mods. Every planar I've had has required a lot of burn in before settling down.

I'm guessing you're not known as a particularly patient person...
:dt880smile:

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #19,108 of 33,689
Uh oh, I just pre-ordered from them for the 11.11 deals. They're selling the bgvp dm6 for 153 before coupons....

Probably should just cancel this one. Funny how 97% Positive feedback on Ali actually means they're really bad.

I did the same. Woops. Anyone know how to cancel a preorder? It doesn't seem to be an option at this point... I've never done one of these preorders before...

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #19,109 of 33,689
Seller:
"
Dear friend,

Regards."
LOL
Copy of reply to me:
Dear friend,

Regards.
Tracking was for USA address and I can see it's been delivered.
Has anyone from LITTLE ELM 75068 here ordered DM6 recently?

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:25 AM Post #19,110 of 33,689

Also, @kevinscottcaja , jeez, give them 100-150 hours before doing any more mods. Every planar I've had has required a lot of burn in before settling down.

I'm guessing you're not known as a particularly patient person...
:dt880smile:
I'm too impatient not to enjoy this planar IEMs. 100 hours is a punishment for me, 20 hours is fine to me... :triportsad: I'll get the Veritas too to get a proper measurement of this IEM. As for the one I have ordered from Taobao, I'll do a proper 150 hour burn-in on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back