Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 4, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #18,676 of 33,689
Hi, what is the least expensive iem i can get with a decent quality? not expecting anything special, I will use them in bed. Two important things: it should be very comfortable to sleep in (probably small?) and no v-shaped/bright!
I used the kz atr but it just fell apart.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #18,678 of 33,689
Oct 4, 2018 at 7:39 PM Post #18,679 of 33,689
Hi, what is the least expensive iem i can get with a decent quality? not expecting anything special, I will use them in bed. Two important things: it should be very comfortable to sleep in (probably small?) and no v-shaped/bright!
I used the kz atr but it just fell apart.

I need to say this, but I personally avoid IEMs for sleeping, it is not very good for your ears to have any IEMs in for long periods of time. I take breaks even when listening to music, even with full over-the-ear headphones, I never listened for more than about an hour without a break

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #18,681 of 33,689
I need to say this, but I personally avoid IEMs for sleeping, it is not very good for your ears to have any IEMs in for long periods of time. I take breaks even when listening to music, even with full over-the-ear headphones, I never listened for more than about an hour without a break

I use a sleep timer and i listen to ambient sounds. After 30 min it turns off.

Oct 5, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #18,682 of 33,689
i also only listens to very low volume while going to sleep and not using endless looping playlist, so i don't think it would be a problem. the only thing that concerns me is waking up with a severed cable because of me tossing and turning while sleeping

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #18,683 of 33,689
Running through London, England, the by far most visible earphones were the white Apple buds/pods (some wireless) Despite the tight "tube", commuters appeared to rely more on headphones than on earphones...with Bose taking the lead, followed by Sony...then, after a gap, we saw Marshall, Beats, and the odd Sennheiser.

I did not see @HungryPanda or some other like-minded Head-Fiers with fancy Toneking, iBasso, or Brainwavz models.

London tube ad.

At least they have bose headphones, here in Italy i just see people with colorful crap Beats headphones and so on.
Someone wearing AKG or Marshall around but everyone focusing on brands like Beats, cheap Nubwo stuff and crap headphones in any case.
Apple airpods are everywhere, and i can even see how happy are their owners: the funny thing is i always look for them and for their crap stuff in their ears, actually owning myself good cheap iems that sound way better than those $150ish weird earphones.
In any case, i did not see people here with good stuff except someone (1 or 2 per year) wearing ATH-m40/50 or HD598SR.

Oct 5, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #18,684 of 33,689
At least they have bose headphones, here in Italy i just see people with colorful crap Beats headphones and so on.
Someone wearing AKG or Marshall around but everyone focusing on brands like Beats, cheap Nubwo stuff and crap headphones in any case.
Apple airpods are everywhere, and i can even see how happy are their owners: the funny thing is i always look for them and for their crap stuff in their ears, actually owning myself good cheap iems that sound way better than those $150ish weird earphones.
In any case, i did not see people here with good stuff except someone (1 or 2 per year) wearing ATH-m40/50 or HD598SR.

Audiophiles of all Italy, unite!

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #18,685 of 33,689
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #18,687 of 33,689
Tenhz P4 Pro vs BGVP DM6?

Anyone with a comparison who owns both these earphones?

Oct 5, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #18,688 of 33,689
Oct 5, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #18,689 of 33,689

What is strange is that iPhones have fantastic audio chips and their included earphones as well as their Beats are not great. In the meantime, the KZ AS10 continued to impress on German trains: great seal, sturdy bass, robust sound with very good resolution. I really like them.

IMG_6987.JPG

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #18,690 of 33,689
Audiophiles of all Italy, unite!
Not an audiophile, just a real music lover! :D

What is strange is that iPhones have fantastic audio chips and their included earphones as well as their Beats are not great. In the meantime, the KZ AS10 continued to impress on German trains: great seal, sturdy bass, robust sound with very good resolution. I really like them.

Yes this is why can't i understand.
Apple makes such cool products that sound so bad.
Their technologies are anyway blowing any other earphone pair in the market, but they still sound crap even compared to my little memt x5 which is REALLY warm.

In any case, beats is really hard to beat when it comes to crappy sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back