Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 28, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #18,541 of 33,689
Great review, many thanks!

As mentioned earlier, I have just ordered the T2 Pro from Massdrop, but I'm also interested in a slightly warmer but still neutral sounding IEM. Your comparison of the KZ AS10 and TRN V80 is very helpful as these are the two I am most interested in.

I was probably leaning more towards the AS10 as they are the most different from the T2 Pros. However, since you have said they may sound a bit muddy compared to the V80 and that you would choose the V80 over any of the KZ IEMs, you have thrown me off a bit! Is the KZ AS10 really that muddy in comparison? Also if I'm looking for a warmer sound signature compared to the T2, would the AS10s not be the better option?

It sounds different. The transition between bass and lower mids is a little more sloppy with the AS10. Because the V80 has a more balanced sound and more emphasis in the mids vs the recessed mids in the AS10, I find the V80 to sound more clear and detailed in the lower mid region.

The AS10 is probably the best balanced KZ headphone, but I have not heard the ZS10 yet, and the sound signature may actually be more transparent than the AS10 is. I will have to pick it up at some point.

Overall, I prefer the TRN V80 because it's less mid-bass emphasized than the AS10. It's a personal preference. The AS10 has a lot of strong detail performance with its BA drivers, but I dont find the V80 a slouch here either. They both have good details for the budget category. At the regular price of the AS10 and V80, the V80 is by far a better price to performance ratio.

I also like the stylings of the V80 and the solid build of it more than the AS10. I can post my MiniDSP measurements between the two when I get off work if that helps at all.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #18,542 of 33,689
It sounds different. The transition between bass and lower mids is a little more sloppy with the AS10. Because the V80 has a more balanced sound and more emphasis in the mids vs the recessed mids in the AS10, I find the V80 to sound more clear and detailed in the lower mid region.

The AS10 is probably the best balanced KZ headphone, but I have not heard the ZS10 yet, and the sound signature may actually be more transparent than the AS10 is. I will have to pick it up at some point.

Overall, I prefer the TRN V80 because it's less mid-bass emphasized than the AS10. It's a personal preference. The AS10 has a lot of strong detail performance with its BA drivers, but I dont find the V80 a slouch here either. They both have good details for the budget category. At the regular price of the AS10 and V80, the V80 is by far a better price to performance ratio.

I also like the stylings of the V80 and the solid build of it more than the AS10. I can post my MiniDSP measurements between the two when I get off work if that helps at all.

Thanks for the lighting fast response! Sounds like they're both accomplished IEMs in their price range and it mostly comes down to personal preference. I may pick up both since they're not too expensive, but it was interesting to get your take on it.

Thanks again and I look forward to your impressions/review of the ZS10, if you ever get round to picking it up.

Sep 28, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #18,544 of 33,689
Thanks for the lighting fast response! Sounds like they're both accomplished IEMs in their price range and it mostly comes down to personal preference. I may pick up both since they're not too expensive, but it was interesting to get your take on it.

Thanks again and I look forward to your impressions/review of the ZS10, if you ever get round to picking it up.

Here's the IEM Diffusive Field compensated measurements between the TRN V80 (red line) and the KZ AS10 (black line). You'll see the bass boosted compared to the V80, where the V80 is very linear through the mids.

TRN V80 vs AS10 FR IDR.jpg

Sep 29, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #18,546 of 33,689
I have Both, I really like the shape and comfort of the V80, they fit perfectly in my big ear and they stay in place even walking or lightly running.
I love the sound of the ZS6. Yes, sometimes is piercing, but the amount of details they provide in the trebles frequencies is impressive. you can feel every string and cymbals playing separately. Soundstage is also enormous imho. You just need to play a bit with the EQ because is not really good sounding just out of the box.. I was burning in, I was trying dozens of tips, looking for mods to soften the harsh trebles... and so on.. but after some time, I definitely love them. the piercing trebles are so much detailed in comparison to the V80 that, listening to the V80, sounds like all the trebles are confused and mixed together.. don't get me wrong, V80s are amazing iems, but if we're talking about a sound challenge, ZS6 are more detailed and clear.
What I actually like the most about the sound of the V80s is the bass and the mids. They are really well done, punchy when needed and nicely defined.

As a conclusion, IMHO, ZS6 shines in sound clarity, details, separation, soundstage. BTW the fit is tricky and sensible ears may find them harsh and piercing. (you still have awesome bass response)
V80s do not shine anywhere but they are overall awesome. good bass, good mids, good trebles. Comfort is top notch. just out of the box. cable is also slightly better (not a huge fan of the braided ones..)

I would honestly go for the V80s if you're worried about fit.
I would go for the ZS6 if you want to play with your iems and never get tired of them.

Personally, I listen to the ZS6 at home, on the sofa, with some good flac audio files. I use my V80 with bluetooth device, walking in the city, on public transport.

hope this helps.

Grazie!
So using the ZS6 on the go through the city and so on, it's not super comfortable, that's what you intended?
The v80s are more "moving" friendly?

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #18,548 of 33,689
Received both brothers today, Audbos P4 and Tenhz P4 Pro.

My early impressions:

According to the FR graphs on the box both tunings are identical, but I hear differences - I assume mainly caused by differences in the fit.

Both tend to reproduce the flat reference tuning as per graph. Both are musical though.

Built: Pro > P4
Fit: P4 > Pro, at least for me. P4 covers everything and they dig deeper
Tonality: P4 > Pro, because of the deeper insertion the P4 have the darker and for me more natural tone. Pro is reference leaner and lighter
Bass: P4 = Pro, P4 digs deeper and has more quantity, maybe due to the deeper insertion. A few dB north of neutral for my ears. Pro bass is more balanced out within the three sections. Sub bass experience is not overly given.
Mids: P4 > Pro, Pro mids are very prominent and appear kind of shouty to me and remind me a bit of the RE-400 or FLC8S mids while the P4 mids have the more natural sounding positioning.
Highs: P4 = Pro, Sparkling, reaches far
Staging: P4 > Pro, both have a wide stage, but Pro is far more intimate, while P4's voice position is better centered in the show
Details: both show loads
Refinement: I heard better with other IEM, but it is good for the price. E.g. the Pinnacle P1 cable helped both in this matter

- both sound crystal clear
- Cymbals sound realistic
- Male voices are more natural with the P4 and thinner with the Pro
- Pro sounds more reference, more neutral while P4 more lifelike

Price/performance ratio is outstanding. It's very early, but I like both but prefer the P4 ATM

Very quick comparison with my Rose Mini4 made me nervous. Appears to be a tough head to head to head race

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #18,549 of 33,689
Received both brothers today, Audbos P4 and Tenhz P4 Pro.

My early impressions:

According to the FR graphs on the box both tunings are identical, but I hear differences - I assume mainly caused by differences in the fit.

Both tend to reproduce the flat reference tuning as per graph. Both are musical though.

Built: Pro > P4
Fit: P4 > Pro, at least for me. P4 covers everything and they dig deeper
Tonality: P4 > Pro, because of the deeper insertion the P4 have the darker and for me more natural tone. Pro is reference leaner and lighter
Bass: P4 = Pro, P4 digs deeper and has more quantity, maybe due to the deeper insertion. A few dB north of neutral for my ears. Pro bass is more balanced out within the three sections. Sub bass experience is not overly given.
Mids: P4 > Pro, Pro mids are very prominent and appear kind of shouty to me and remind me a bit of the RE-400 or FLC8S mids while the P4 mids have the more natural sounding positioning.
Highs: P4 = Pro, Sparkling, reaches far
Staging: P4 > Pro, both have a wide stage, but Pro is far more intimate, while P4's voice position is better centered in the show
Details: both show loads
Refinement: I heard better with other IEM, but it is good for the price. E.g. the Pinnacle P1 cable helped both in this matter

- both sound crystal clear
- Cymbals sound realistic
- Male voices are more natural with the P4 and thinner with the Pro
- Pro sounds more reference, more neutral while P4 more lifelike

Price/performance ratio is outstanding. It's very early, but I like both but prefer the P4 ATM

Very quick comparison with my Rose Mini4 made me nervous. Appears to be a tough head to head to head race
Just curious is there a immediate difference in volume and sound when A/Bing between the two on the same songs.

Sep 29, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #18,550 of 33,689
Just curious is there a immediate difference in volume and sound when A/Bing between the two on the same songs.
Audbos > Tenhz

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #18,551 of 33,689
@crabdog
Which color was your defective v80?
If i remember well u had the v80 with the loose nozzle just like mine, but mine was way worse than yours i think even because the BA fell out.

I have the matte blue color.

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #18,552 of 33,689
Ok, i'll keep in mind.
I'm writing you a little private message so i can ask you a lil thing :D
Prego! :)

Basically yes. I think there is also a slightly better isolation with V80.
For small ears, forget about ZS6.

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #18,553 of 33,689
@crabdog
Which color was your defective v80?
If i remember well u had the v80 with the loose nozzle just like mine, but mine was way worse than yours i think even because the BA fell out.

I have the matte blue color.

I have the matte blue, and I have the same issue with the nozzle.

Sep 29, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #18,554 of 33,689
Finally got my HiSenior B5+ and got to listen to it for a few days.
1) holy hell, these are super tip/fit dependent. On stock, they sound neutralish from bass to Mids w/ a muted treble. After trying all my available tips, they sound the best for me w/ tips that are a bit smaller than my regular fit(M), and have wide bore
2) They sound relatively balance. Quick mid bass, sub bass extension is good but is a bit lean in rumble and power. Mids are my favorite, clear and positioned well. Doesn't lack body or is it thick, very nice vocals, both male and female. Very good treble sparkle and extension without a hint of sibilance and peaks.
For 100usd, these are a steal.

Sep 29, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #18,555 of 33,689
I have the matte blue, and I have the same issue with the nozzle.

Another boy on audiobudget facebook page posted a photo that shows a matte black sample with the same issue.
I think there's going something wrong with matte colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back