Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 3, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #17,701 of 33,689
A refund will be no problem. eBay has a strict policy against counterfeit products. Just take a screen shot of the H2testw results and use that as your proof when you file your eBay dispute.

Also, this counterfeit and ake flash problem is not exclusive to eBay. It is rampant everywhere - Amazon 3rd party sellers, Aliexpress, etc.

Flash media (usb sticks, sd cards, etc) are the one thing I make an exception for and only buy at specific places. From Amazon (but only when sold and shipped by Amazon), local computer stores (such as frys, micro center, staples, Sams Club, Costco, Best Buy, etc), and trusted online dealers that are authorized dealers (Newegg, b&h photo, etc).

The reason is not only to guarantee authentic goods, but more importantly to allow full warranty support should thevbeed arise. For example, the better memory cards from Samsung and Sandisk carry up to a 10 year warranty. Buying from unauthorized sources of grey market usually voids the warranty. When you consider the warranty and the peace of mind by getting authentic goods, paying a few dollars more for buying it at the places I mentioned really make the peace of mind worth it.

There are always plenty of sales at the places I mentioned, especially around Black Friday, Christmas, and other holidays. If you join mailing lists such as Newegg and frys, you get special offers at deep discounts on a regular basis. Also keeping an eye on slickdeals will also score big discounts.

Over the last 20 years, I have accumulated piles of defective and fake flash products, and lost lots of irreplaceable data in the process. It was an expensive lesson to have learned the hard way indeed. I have had zero issues now.
Thanks again! I have watched a few youtube videos in the meantime and know already that the item in transit is fake: it is not 512 but likely 16 GB. Argument is easy: false advertisement and fraud...threatening with eBay resolution centre, a negative feedback, and a youtube video (Dr. Schweinsgruber's fake SD card review...potentially entertaining) should do the job. Also tested another card with the H2test2 software....easy to use.

Ready to receive the fake shipment and to deal with it.

P.S. I will also check the speed: anything below 16 mB per second is not class 10.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #17,702 of 33,689
Nicehck HC5?

BQEYR BQ3?

Looking for V80 with better separation and improved treble. But keep the bass/mids.

I am thinking maybe 5BA system is the way to go with separate bores, at least 3?

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #17,703 of 33,689
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #17,704 of 33,689
Sep 4, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #17,705 of 33,689
Christmas and Slater mod of bare metal containers into earphone cases. The black one came with the PHB EM-023. The inside padding material was the protective inlay in a new suitcase.

IMG_6895.JPG

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #17,706 of 33,689
AntiChristmas: the Fake 512 GB SD card has arrived. I took only seconds to verify the fake.

IMG_6899.jpg
IMG_6896.jpg

Dear seller,
I tested the 512 GB LL Trader SD card with the H2testw software.
It turns out that this card is a fake: it is not functional [I/O errors], has a read/write speed of 9 MByte/s (!!!) and has presumably a real capacity of 16 GB. You indicate in your feedback section that you prefer to be contacted directly before receiving negative feedback.

We have two options:

1. You re-imburse me fully for this fake card with no questions asked. In return, I will not leave a feedback on eBay or take any other action such as dealing with their Resolution Centre.

or

2. I will contact the eBay Resolution Centre indicating you are defrauding customers and demand that you are being pulled from eBay.ca

3. I will leave a negative feedback on eBay with a link to the video showing the measurement results.

If you want the card shipped back you will have to re-imburse me for that, too. I will otherwise destroy it.

Thanks,

UPDATE: seller is trying to give me the runaround...full refund only if item returned, half refund if not. A clever way of still making money with the lazy people at 1/2 price. Why should I pay for return shipment of a fraudulent item? I called ebay and they are taking care of it... :)

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #17,708 of 33,689
I remember reading from somewhere that someone had contacted BQEYZ through Facebook. If you know who to contact and could pm me this persons from BQEYZ it would be great. My BQEYZ K2 arrived yesterday and sadly they are out-of-phase. I contacted the Aliexpress seller and they want a video(!!) which is ludicrous - you cannot see (or probably even hear) a phase problem in a video. So I'm hoping I could handle the situation with BQEYZ directly (assuming they take some pride in their products, which they seem to).

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #17,709 of 33,689
I remember reading from somewhere that someone had contacted BQEYZ through Facebook. If you know who to contact and could pm me this persons from BQEYZ it would be great. My BQEYZ K2 arrived yesterday and sadly they are out-of-phase. I contacted the Aliexpress seller and they want a video(!!) which is ludicrous - you cannot see (or probably even hear) a phase problem in a video. So I'm hoping I could handle the situation with BQEYZ directly (assuming they take some pride in their products, which they seem to).
If it's just out of phase can't you fix it by reversing the cable orientation?

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #17,711 of 33,689
The cable that came with the earphone does not allow that because of the (pre-formed earhooks and?) curved connector. Or then I'm a total idiot, which is deifinitely possible. :slight_smile:
Oh yeah, I forget that most of the recent batch of Chi-Fi IEMs are adopting the pre-form cables. Do you have another one on hand to test?

Sep 5, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #17,712 of 33,689
Oh yeah, I forget that most of the recent batch of Chi-Fi IEMs are adopting the pre-form cables. Do you have another one on hand to test?
Yea, I'm using a terrible rubbery KZ cable with memory wire currently. It seems the problem is with the IEM itself, not the cable. I really do like the sound so far! But I would really prefer to have a way of using the K2 cable because it ticks all the boxes for me: perfect length (not too long), the split is located more sensibly towards the top, a chin slider, low microphonics, supple and L-plug.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #17,714 of 33,689
Any recommendations for a neutral or neutral warm pair of iems around 100usd? Was supposed to order the Audbos P4 but the seller failed to ship the item.
Considering the HiSenior B5+ as of the moment. Thank you.

Reference IEMS I had in the past for comparison
IT01 - Vshaped for me
King Pro - Vshaped, a bit thin in the mids

Looking for something balanced all arlaro like the Tin Audio T2.

Sep 5, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #17,715 of 33,689

@Ellezhou here and on Facebook is with BQEYZ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back