Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 27, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #17,476 of 33,689
I have the A15 for as long as i can remember and they are certainly in great shape. I had got 2, one to be gifted. On one of them there was a signal leak to the shell of both the sides which zapped me (when i wasnt paying attention). I believe they have stepped up the QC. But that niggle apart they are robust!
great
how would you describe its sound
anything exceptional?
or anything hurtful? like treble issues or anything

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #17,477 of 33,689
great
how would you describe its sound
anything exceptional?
or anything hurtful? like treble issues or anything
I think @crabdog absolutely nailed it while describing the sound. No treble issues at all unless lack of treble is an issue :p
Overall its got some excellent sub bass and no treble issues and its an iem on the warm side. Really enjoyable and musical sound IMO.

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #17,478 of 33,689
I personally like the V80's excessive treble. Lines up with my preferences. But even for me, at times it can be too much. The ZS6's peak is lower which a lot of people seem to have issues with. My JVC fanboyism enjoys that style of treble. And yes, the V80's bass kicks @ss. Like a BGVP DM5 without the messed up imaging.

You've rightfully pointed out the and condemned them and others for ripping off the designs. That comment was more directed to those that hopped on the hate train bandwagon for the ZS5/ZS6 and continue to ride it strongly without any consistency when it comes to other brands doing the exact same thing.
I found then bright at first.realized there is a 3db dip between 1khz and arounb 3khz that recessed th mids and left the treble bright. After boosting the mids 3db from 1k to 3k and the highs were now give it a shot

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #17,479 of 33,689
Aug 27, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #17,481 of 33,689
Haha. Thanks. Just ordered a pair of Tin audio off ali.

The T2 is definitely still good. Other good recs are: Artiste DC1, BQEYZ K2, TRN V80 and DEAT Hifi Small (plus a bunch of others I forget at the moment). We're spoiled for choice at the moment and what's best for you will come down to what shape/style you like and what sound signature you prefer.

Aug 27, 2018 at 11:56 PM Post #17,482 of 33,689
I have the earphone in my signature that was said to be similar to v80, and i also have a v80 coming to home.

What i wanted to these earphones be perfect, is a little less bass resulting in a little more close mids, and also a hint of highs giving more air and sparkle. I can get all of that with eq... The original bass covers too much of the sound on my current. Otherwise they are perfect. If they were more u shaped than v...

I could go for BQEYZ kc2, i think it would fit my needs. But it would be stupid to get one having a v80 coming and another pretty similar already. Just a little eq and i honestly don't want to much more of a IEM... Absolutely already love the iem in my possession.

If the v80 as stated by Otto mottor, have more textured bass, and more open highs, Its a matter of a little few dbs less in bass and i am done. Really excited about these.

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #17,483 of 33,689
I have the earphone in my signature that was said to be similar to v80, and i also have a v80 coming to home.

What i wanted to these earphones be perfect, is a little less bass resulting in a little more close mids, and also a hint of highs giving more air and sparkle. I can get all of that with eq... The original bass covers too much of the sound on my current. Otherwise they are perfect. If they were more u shaped than v...

I could go for BQEYZ kc2, i think it would fit my needs. But it would be stupid to get one having a v80 coming and another pretty similar already. Just a little eq and i honestly don't want to much more of a IEM... Absolutely already love the iem in my possession.

If the v80 as stated by Otto mottor, have more textured bass, and more open highs, Its a matter of a little few dbs less in bass and i am done. Really excited about these.
Yep, the V80 will do if you like a healthy bass...and the BQEYZ would be too similar to justify them, too...it would be wise to save the money for something "bigger".

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #17,485 of 33,689
Do you have the T4 Peter? I think it's very special and hope people pick some up during the sale. They're a STEAL at the 120-130.00 price point, in my opinion. I'd love to read your thoughts on the all BA Tonekings that have been recently released. I've really been considering trying to organize a tour for the T4 and T66s, just to try and get them some more exposure, as I believe they're that good.

I received the T4 last week, influenced in part by your review, and I'm really enjoying them. I definitely wanted something with more of a reference tuning and that has great detail, and I've never had an all BA IEM before, so I gave them a try. It's been fun to listen to recordings I know inside and out and hear new things in the mix :)

Shame that I just missed out on the sale prices, but oh well...

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #17,486 of 33,689
I received the T4 last week, influenced in part by your review, and I'm really enjoying them. I definitely wanted something with more of a reference tuning and that has great detail, and I've never had an all BA IEM before, so I gave them a try. It's been fun to listen to recordings I know inside and out and hear new things in the mix :)

Shame that I just missed out on the sale prices, but oh well...
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the T4's, congrats! That's a bummer about missing out on the sale though. I also just ordered something a week to quick and missed out on the sale as well, so I feel your pain, lol.

Aug 28, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #17,487 of 33,689
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the T4's, congrats! That's a bummer about missing out on the sale though. I also just ordered something a week to quick and missed out on the sale as well, so I feel your pain, lol.
I’m so so very close to pulling the trigger on the T4, especially with how cheap they are now. I just wanna ask you how the treble is at high volumes. I’m extremely sensitive to frequencies around 5k Hz to around 8k Hz. Do these have any hint of harshness or grain at higher volumes?

Also, I’m super curious about the midrange too. Would you consider the midrange and vocals to be even and non-recessed? I’m kind of a midrange junky :p

Sorry for all the questions!

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #17,488 of 33,689
Oh yeah, and the V80 has seen some revision, at least visually. Gone is the glossy paint job, replaced by a matte one. No idea if they changed the blue version as well.

I wasn't planning on opening this one up since they're going to be used for a giveaway, but after those beta tester comments I had to take a listen. Went through a number of test tracks that I'm very familiar with. If there is a difference in the upper end, it is very minimal. Listening to one ear piece from each set in each ear, there didn't seem to be any immediately detectable difference to my ears.
do aliexpress sellers have the matte ones yet?

Considering picking them up, but the shiny black and blue look very cheap, imo

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:04 AM Post #17,489 of 33,689
I was scratching my head about the general brightness reports on the V80...which I cannot confirm...and I am really treble sensitive and have issues with the ZS6 and the SEAHF AWK-009.

Consider the variations in frequency sensitivity as it relates to insertion depth. The E-MI C880 is an excellent in-ear monitor but I can't listen to it for long. I have shallow ear canals and the 2500khz frequency is just unbearable for my ears. The way I got around the issue was by using the HDS2 eartips. The eartips extend the distance between my eardrum and the BA diaphragms and with said eartips the C880 delivers a slightly warmer and slightly smoother presentation. No more irritation and unpleasantness.

The proper eartip won't fix a bad IEM but I always say that the correct eartip can make a world of difference.

images-87.jpg

The ZS10 comes to mind.
The ZS6 comes to mind.
The ES4 comes to mind.
The ED16 comes to mind.

Know your ears.

I am surprised about the surprise of tacit revisions. We had this all along...for example, the earliest KZ ZST (or was it the ZS3?) were totally out of whack in their tuning and were instantly revised...

ZS3 was recalled immediately for crushed sound tubes. No tuning changes that I know of. Can't recall if the ZST was redacted for anything.

I still have one of the very first ZST's (carbon) which had BA's that were not firing (on either earpiece). My reasoning was that KZ was woefully unaware of how sensitive balanced armatures were since they had only worked with dynamic drivers up to that point. In my mind's eye I can just see some poor slob starting his day with a yawn as he empties a bucket of BA's onto someone's workstation. The BA's crash and spill....spill and crash.

images-49.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #17,490 of 33,689
do aliexpress sellers have the matte ones yet?

Considering picking them up, but the shiny black and blue look very cheap, imo
For some reason, the blue was very difficult to photograph (for me). They look much nicer in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back