Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 13, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #15,436 of 33,689
My favorite iems right now are the Toneking TK2 and NiceHck HK6 both north of $100 but so worth it
Can you give a mini review of the NiceHck HK6? They look really good.

May 13, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #15,437 of 33,689
I got the Tonking TK2 (red), good stuff, and a surprizing nice cable. HK6 on order as well, too

May 13, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #15,438 of 33,689
Too lazy to actually tag the names since I forgot them, but saw someone was looking for information regarding the Comet and the Falcon C. I think the Comet achieves quite a lot with a single BA and he Falcon C is quite masterfully tuned for a dynamic driver, knowing those are more finicky to get the perfect FR response.

The Falcon C is noticeably more refined and even in the upper midrange onwards than the Comet -- the treble of the Comet is more uneven in this regard. The Falcon C is more forward in treble presence with greater resolution, and there isn't an audible 'scoop' or dip anywhere. Surprisingly, I'd say the Comet's midbass has more punch and impact than the Falcon C's (which is interesting considering BA vs DD argument). However, the Falcon C is more natural and less aggressive. Comet midrange has more body, vocals are more forward making the Falcon C's midrange sound thin. Bottom line, I think the Falcon C is a step ahead of the Comet in technicalities and refinement; however the Comet has a charm and appeal for both sporting a single balanced-armature as well as the Campfire name. Comet also is more comfortable and has better isolation.

May 15, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #15,439 of 33,689
Final Audio IEMs surely are cool :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-21.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-08.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-10.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Final-Audio-E2000-E3000-Review-22.jpg

May 15, 2018 at 10:31 AM Post #15,440 of 33,689
anyone yet tried FlaresJet and compared with some good chinese gems?

May 15, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #15,441 of 33,689
upload_2018-5-15_18-0-9.jpeg

FlareJets' were a crash and burn. At least I was able to cancel and get refunded once the impressions started coming in. Not many impressions but the thread died a quick death further confirming things.

May 15, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #15,443 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals.

Any good, small portable amps for under $50?

As small as possible so my friend can attach it to his cell phone. No real sound preference as long as it put out some good power. He is Jamaican and listens to a lot of Reggae if that helps. He heard my Fiio E6 matchbook-sized amp and wants something small. It can be bigger than the E6 but just not too big. He will probably only use line in from the headphone jack on his cell phone.

In addition if a DAC/Amp with Wi-Fi could be found for that price, that would be a major plus so he can stream music to it. I want to give him some options.

May 15, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #15,444 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals.

As small as possible so my friend can attach it to his cell phone. No real sound preference as long as it put out some good power. He is Jamaican and listens to a lot of Reggae if that helps. He heard my Fiio E6 matchbook-sized amp and wants something small. It can be bigger than the E6 but just not too big. He will probably only use line in from the headphone jack on his cell phone.

In addition if a DAC/Amp with Wi-Fi could be found for that price, that would be a major plus so he can stream music to it. I want to give him some options.

Maybe something by FiiO, not aware of anything else in that price range existing at all

May 15, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #15,445 of 33,689
Last edited:
May 15, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #15,446 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals.

Walnut F1, assuming he doesn't need to drive sensitive IEMs with it. (Also assuming that long runtime isn't critical; the battery on the F1 isn't the most capacious.)

May 15, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #15,447 of 33,689

This looks real nice. So much confusion on the specs.

Amazon: Recommended Headphone Impedance: 16-300 ohm
Shenzhenaudio Store - Recommended Headphone Maximum Impedance: 251-300 Ohm

Walnut F1, assuming he doesn't need to drive sensitive IEMs with it. (Also assuming that long runtime isn't critical; the battery on the F1 isn't the most capacious.)

He will be using his KZ ZS3 (18 ohms) and Akai 50X full sized headphones (32 ohms). I'm not sure what he needs for runtime tho. That knob on that thing is awful. It's like 4 feet long haha.

May 15, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #15,448 of 33,689
May 15, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #15,449 of 33,689
Black version of the Neptune coming out, limited to 500 units. Looks nice. https://twitter.com/MixWave_Inc/status/996286813160464384

DdOE47JVAAAZjfq.jpg

Demo-ed the Neptune a few times and still very impressed with it. It just lacks bass extension and quantity from say 60Hz and below and cannot handle busy passages in music as well as my P1. Otherwise, it is pretty good for a single BA. The very first time I tried it and I was quite impressed. And gosh, that black looks very good...Slightly tempted. Oh, the fit is fantastic too. Probably the best I've tried so far.

May 16, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #15,450 of 33,689
Hey guys and gals.

Radsone ES100, not wifi but Bluetooth and bloody brilliant :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back