Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 17, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #14,881 of 33,689
Mar 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #14,882 of 33,689
Thanks for the info....!
is it worth it buy this iem ... I mean does it have good value and is it better against iems under 100 bucks... like ibasso it01 and lz a4 or lz a5 ... what do you think ? and how does it perform on low sources like smartphone is it loud and does it sound ? I am interested in this iem thanks
Yes, It performs great whether using any smartphone, DAC/AMP, laptop, or desktop computer. It is definitely worth its' price and value! I've compared the housing to the original K3003 with no difference in weight and both carrying the beefy pure metal look and feel to it. After burning them in over 100 hours of play time, there's no doubt that these are a great purchase when the advantage shows of a detachable set competing with the original wired set. And knowing that there's more similarity to both sound signatures makes it even more worth its' value. They are a tad warmer and noticeably less harsh towards peaks when compared to the original, and still maintains the clarity and vivid notes, which made me like them even more. Now remind you, these only come with the "reference tuning filter", which I'm still okay with.
IMG_20180318_123713.jpg

If you notice, I purchased my cable from another taobao website. You can just buy the housing and choose your own cables making them that much more fun.

I bought mine from the link posted below....
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...4WbkY&id=554421198523&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail

-Clear

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #14,883 of 33,689
Got my review of the new Edifier W806BT up. Best battery life of any bluetooth device I have tested to date. Problem being they probably should have gone with a little less battery life and a little more bluetooth hardware as connectivity is only average. Sound quality is a mixed bag, not a huge V but not very well extended either.

Review Here:

Mar 20, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #14,885 of 33,689
LooK what arrived today, shipping was pretty quick. Only about a week to UK.

IMG_20180320_114653.jpg IMG_20180320_114207.jpg

The package had sellotape on it, which means it was clearly opened by customs lol.

EDIT:

First Impressions - these sound so clear out of the box, good soundstage width, the cable is nice and light with no memory crap (although there's no cable cinch or clip included) , not keen on the built in ear guides but hey they kinda work just need time to adjust I guess.

Sound: Bass isn't overwhelming which is always a treat listening OOTB, good balance, instrument separation seems good and so does the resolution. The fit however is going to be an issue for me, nozzle is pretty thick so I need to find some really thin tips. Currently trying the medium Auvio tips, but they're too thick. I love the hypoallergenic coating on these IEMs, it's definitely something different. Feels nice and soft.

EDIT2: The v20 are on the burn-in rounds now for a couple of days at least, I will do a proper review with comparisons once the burn in is done and I've had time to get to know them a little. So far they have really impressed me, especially for the measly $16 I paid for them!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #14,886 of 33,689

The package had sellotape on it, which means it was clearly opened by customs lol.

EDIT:

First Impressions - these sound so clear out of the box, good soundstage width, the cable is nice and light with no memory crap (although there's no cable cinch or clip included) , not keen on the built in ear guides but hey they kinda work just need time to adjust I guess.

Sound: Bass isn't overwhelming which is always a treat listening OOTB, good balance, instrument separation seems good and so does the resolution. The fit however is going to be an issue for me, nozzle is pretty thick so I need to find some really thin tips. Currently trying the medium Auvio tips, but they're too thick. I love the hypoallergenic coating on these IEMs, it's definitely something different. Feels nice and soft.

is the highs still piercing like the trn v10 ? can you comment on that.. and which tips do you use on them ....

Mar 20, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #14,887 of 33,689

EDIT:

My worry is, do you perceive any kind of sibilance in these. Could you give us a few words on this comparing to ed9, thank you.

EDIT:

The trn cable alone worth 9$. You can find the trn for around 15$. Seems like a Deal.

Mar 20, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #14,888 of 33,689
is the highs still piercing like the trn v10 ? can you comment on that.. and which tips do you use on them ....

I answered you in the other thread.

The highs aren't piercing or sibilant at all, well extended and good definition.

They totally learned from their mistakes with the v10.

My worry is, do you perceive any kind of sibilance in these. Could you give us a few words on this comparing to ed9, thank you.

The trn cable alone worth 9$. You can find the trn for around 15$. Seems like a Deal.

I bought the v20 for like $16 which is insanely cheap, during the sale they're gonna be closer to $10!!

As I said above, no sibilance or sharp treble at all. I'm insanely happy about that! I haven't done any proper comparisons yet, but from what I remember off the top of my head the ED9 soundstage and separation is lacking. I find v20 much more fun to listen to, and they're just better technically.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #14,890 of 33,689
Thanks for the info....!

Yes, It performs great whether using any smartphone, DAC/AMP, laptop, or desktop computer. It is definitely worth its' price and value! I've compared the housing to the original K3003 with no difference in weight and both carrying the beefy pure metal look and feel to it. After burning them in over 100 hours of play time, there's no doubt that these are a great purchase when the advantage shows of a detachable set competing with the original wired set. And knowing that there's more similarity to both sound signatures makes it even more worth its' value. They are a tad warmer and noticeably less harsh towards peaks when compared to the original, and still maintains the clarity and vivid notes, which made me like them even more. Now remind you, these only come with the "reference tuning filter", which I'm still okay with.

If you notice, I purchased my cable from another taobao website. You can just buy the housing and choose your own cables making them that much more fun.

I bought mine from the link posted below....
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...4WbkY&id=554421198523&ns=1&abbucket=11#detail

-Clear

@1clearhead can you describe the soundstage is it big or is it above average? and does it have lot of bass ?

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #14,891 of 33,689
so Shozy (in collaboration with AAW) have just announced an electrostatic hybrid IEM without an external amp:astonished:

29468555_989206874593755_2583675449930416128_o.jpg

goddamn... if only they could somehow manage to keep the price below 1k$. wow...

Mar 21, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #14,893 of 33,689
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14,894 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back