Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 17, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #14,552 of 33,689
Hum....really, you would spend 2000$ on this George?

Only difference with TOTL iem that with 50-500$ one is that you don't have to search long before finding exception (aka you cash down for it)....I think TOTL is for lazy audiophile in some sense....but there surely bad exception as well so. I test this to exactly confirm my toughs, for...a third time as I own fancy stuffs as well, I think in IEM world it really isn't necessary to throw this type of money, for headphones its another story: it cost more to construct them for real.

Campfire Polaris is a better value IMO. And RE800 are absurdly overpriced....anyway. Don't wanna talk more about TOTL stuffs, just underline the goal of chifi obsess people like me wich is: not throw absurd amount of money on just one ''miraculous'' IEM model cause miracle do-not-exist.

I research my every purchase for weeks before making it :)

You probably haven't been following me for long, but I invested a lot in my listening setups

To be honest, it would depend, RE2000 is one of the best IEMS I heard to date, but if you're budget constrained, Dita Answer is also quite excellent, and so is IE800.

RE800 is not overpriced at all, but it is a very specific purpose IEM, they have a signature that is absolute love with acoustic, but they are a bit hot for Metal for example. I love metal with them, but I can see it being a bit hot for some.

If you like smooth signatures, there is always Xelento from Beyerdynamic.

I never heard anything from Campfire, so I can't recommend them at all so far, there are many amazing IEMs I heard and I can recommend.

Honestly, I'd invest as much as it costs if it makes me smile. I have LCD-MX4, those ones are worth their price tag entirely. So was IE800 when I got it, so are Dita Truth IEMs. RE2000 are just very expensive, but they are uber high end and worth a flagship price. What flagship price? I am not one to judge, but they do sound that good to cost that.

Don't insist on 100$ IEMs if you're hardly satisfied.

The one that might satisfy you is IT01 from iBasso, that is like the one 100$ IEM that is really punching waaay above its price range and has some flagship qualities, and maybe F9Pro from FiiO, Astrotec AM850 and Final E3000.

Feb 17, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #14,553 of 33,689
No one cared to check? :frowning2:
Tbh looking at "wish" app list of earphones, I don't even think any of them can be even considered an iem, and even further from being a hidden gem IMHO. Im pretty sure "wish" is more for general casual items....

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #14,554 of 33,689
No one cared to check? :frowning2:

I recently ordered a watch from Wish (for the first time using Wish). I had no problems with ordering, payment, shipping was smooth, etc. I even used a coupon code and saved an additional discount on my order. It ended up being much cheaper than other sites (eBay, gearbest, Amazon, Aliexpress, etc).

I’d buy from them again.

I wasn’t too impressed with their headphone/earphone selections (and prices) though. Very meh.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #14,555 of 33,689
I recently ordered a watch from Wish (for the first time using Wish). I had no problems with ordering, payment, shipping was smooth, etc. I even used a coupon code and saved an additional discount on my order. It ended up being much cheaper than other sites (eBay, gearbest, Amazon, Aliexpress, etc).

I’d buy from them again.

I wasn’t too impressed with their headphone/earphone selections (and prices) though. Very meh.

I've bought lots of stuff from WISH but no phones. Nothing worth buying. But I did get my XDUOO X2 there for a great price. Best part is if anything is not in your hands at the promised time you get refunded.

Feb 17, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #14,556 of 33,689
HeyGears Anora, my take: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/heygears-anora.22482/reviews#review-19895

DSC05106-small.JPG

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #14,557 of 33,689
Just a heads up HiFiMan Edition S on Amazon for $125 and Amazon .co.uk for £125

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #14,560 of 33,689
Did anyone try the Ty Hi-Z G3 pro yet?

Feb 18, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #14,561 of 33,689
A little bit late to the party.

Received the Rock Zircon due to all the positive reviews.
But man o man what a bad iem (for me) is that.

The bass is overbloated. And pushes all the frequencys away.

Don't get me wrong i like some bass extension. But this is too much...

Maybe mine is broken.... But what a waste of money. Don't get the hype.

Gives me the conclusion that aproear.co.uk is a better review source than audiobudget.com.
Or better to say aproear.co.uk suits more my listening requirements.
And keep audiobudget has a different taste of qualifications

QUOTE from aproear.co.uk.

"Sound Quality and Overall Rating
The Zircons have been hyped beyond belief, these budget earphones according to some reviews are able to go toe to toe with the likes of IE80 and other premium brand earphones. I’m going to call this out for what it is, it’s bull. The Zircons have detailed treble, they have deep thunderous bass but the mids are non-existent. This leaves them sounding very odd, vocals seem to lack a natural warmth whilst acoustic instruments seem hollow and false.

To sum up, don’t believe the hype, there are much better ways to spend your money."

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #14,562 of 33,689
The bass is overbloated. And pushes all the frequencys away.

You might want to try different tips. They should not be THAT bad. I actually enjoy mine.

Feb 18, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #14,563 of 33,689
Dobrescu George said:
You don't ant to know how good they are, you'd have a hard time not buying them :)

I think that DITA IEMs make a good cheaper option though :)

Hum....really, you would spend 2000$ on this George?

Key point.
George, if you would not spend your own money to buy those re800 or re2000, please stop keeping saying they deserve those price tag.
If you want to show us you really think they are wise purchase, buy them and show us your receipt. Otherwise, it's better for you and for us to close you month. Thanks.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #14,564 of 33,689
Hi guys. Could someone recommend a good pair of earphones with a USB-C plug? I recently bought the Xiaomi Mi 6, which doesn't have a 3,5mm jack, and I don't like the idea of using the provided dongle.

Feb 19, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #14,565 of 33,689
Hi guys. Could someone recommend a good pair of earphones with a USB-C plug? I recently bought the Xiaomi Mi 6, which doesn't have a 3,5mm jack, and I don't like the idea of using the provided dongle.

Buy an external DAC/AMP, any USB Type-C Plug IEM / Headphone will have a DAC inside, and you're usually much better with a proper option

You can also look into FiiO Q5, which is amazing every single way it can be, you can power it via APT-X and it has the sound of X7mkii as far as I ca tell :)

Dobrescu George said:
You don't ant to know how good they are, you'd have a hard time not buying them :)

I think that DITA IEMs make a good cheaper option though :)

Key point.
George, if you would not spend your own money to buy those re800 or re2000, please stop keeping saying they deserve those price tag.
If you want to show us you really think they are wise purchase, buy them and show us your receipt. Otherwise, it's better for you and for us to close you month. Thanks.

You know how much stuff I buy myself, and you do have a point, any 2000$ IEM is a "luxury purchase" after all.

I don't think anyone without this spare chash should jump into it nor do I say this at any moment, and I most certainly wouldn't recommend buying something this expensive without hearing it first, or without a very strong return policy :)

You know, HE560 from HIFIMAN came down in price quite a bit lately, less than half of its original price, if I'm not mistaken, and even ie800 did, so with proper timing you'll probably be able to purchase a new RE2000 for a much more pocket friendly price than on its release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back