Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 12, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #14,506 of 33,689
IMG_20180212_102157-01.jpeg

TFZ King Pro Impressions, around 20 hours of burn in.
Disclaimer: only heard the Exclusive King for 20 mins, for anyone who plans to ask.

Overall sound has a nice balanced tonality with a warmish tone.
Bass digs nicely with great control, impressive for the price. Mid bass is a notch north of neutral with great dynamics, punch and decay. It's fast, it's detailed, it's effin addictive. Great mix of musicality and control.
Lower mids have great weight. Doesn't sound hallow as the exclusive king, it isn't recessed also. Upper mids are a bit forward for the bite, but doesn't sound thin, screechy or peaky. The King Pro doesn't have the Sibilant character of the Exclusive King. Mids are more forward when compared to the IT01, and is more detailed but is still organic and natural sounding.
Treble has veeeeerrryyyy nice extension and sparkle. Can be a bit bright with some tips, and some cable. Details are great. Seriously, it beats my LZA4, and very very very close to my qdc 3sh. Resolution, and clarity if top notch.
Sound stage is wide, with surprising depth that is not common in sub 200usd iems. Instrument placement and imaging is superb with insane precision.

I don't want to sound hyphy but... The King Pro is Insane.
Cons though!

Stock cable splitter is heavy. And drags the cable down. Wires are in the thin side but soft and supple.
Comparison:
IMG_20180212_123936.jpg

The metal body is great! The weight is great, not as heavy as I expected. But the problem is... I already scratched it ****
IMG_20180212_124045.jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #14,507 of 33,689

Disclaimer: only heard the Exclusive King for 20 mins, for anyone who plans to ask.

Bass digs nicely with great control, impressive for the price. Mid bass is a notch north of neutral with great dynamics, punch and decay. It's fast, it's detailed, it's effin addictive. Great mix of musicality and control.
Lower mids have great weight. Doesn't sound hallow as the exclusive king, it isn't recessed also. Upper mids are a bit forward for the bite, but doesn't sound thin, screechy or peaky. The King Pro doesn't have the Sibilant character of the Exclusive King. Mids are more forward when compared to the IT01, and is more detailed but is still organic and natural sounding.
Treble has veeeeerrryyyy nice extension and sparkle. Can be a bit bright with some tips, and some cable. Details are great. Seriously, it beats my LZA4, and very very very close to my qdc 3sh. Resolution, and clarity if top notch.
Sound stage is wide, with surprising depth that is not common in sub 200usd iems. Instrument placement and imaging is superb with insane precision.

Cons though!

Stock cable splitter is heavy. And drags the cable down. Wires are in the thin side but soft and supple.
Comparison:

The metal body is great! The weight is great, not as heavy as I expected. But the problem is... I already scratched it ****
Thanks for the first impressions.
How would you rate the quantity, quality and impact of mid and sub bass compared to your TinAudio T2? You describe the tonality warmish. How is the comparision in this respect to the T2? Which one ist the more natural sounding IEM?

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #14,509 of 33,689

Cons though!

Comparison:

Nice impressions. What kind of source did you use? Could you also compare King Pro to Sigmot EN900 Bass/Pro?

The King pro has the same impedance as GR07, 55 ohm. I guess it needs a better source.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #14,511 of 33,689
Nice impressions. What kind of source did you use? Could you also compare King Pro to Sigmot EN900 Bass/Pro?

The King pro has the same impedance as GR07, 55 ohm. I guess it needs a better source.
Pioneer 30R, XD-05, and and audio interface.
The King Pro isn't picky like the IT01, IMO.
After some time, I was in the impression that the IT01 is a bit source dependent to sound great.
The EN700 Bass is more of a LShaped IEM with smooth highs. Tried the EN700 pro before but can't really comment on that.
The King Pro benefits from an amp though, but I only noticed it in bass control and in the refinement of the highs.

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #14,512 of 33,689
Sorry, my fault.
I meant your Pioneer CH9T.
Loved the CH9T for its wide Soundstage but it's Vshaped for me.
The King Pro has a more upfront and even mids, with a more natural tone. The CH9T has higher upper mids/lower treble peak which some people find bright, but I don't. The King Pro is more refined overall with better resolution, quality, and clarity.

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #14,513 of 33,689

Cons though!

Comparison:

Nice first impressions , with the impedance of 55ohm is that easy to drive from a good smartphone ,???

Feb 12, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #14,514 of 33,689
Feb 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #14,516 of 33,689
Brainwavz B400 Review

Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/br...armature-earphones.22688/reviews#review-19872

Website: https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/02/12/brainwavz-b400/
https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/02/12/brainwavz-b400/
As always, I hope you guys will enjoy reading my review on the B400.
Do like my Facebook page for the latest updates as I am most active there and feel free to ask me on comparisons between iems etc.
Happy listening everyone! :)

photo_2018-02-12_02-42-35.jpg
Nice review i really enjoyed it specially the comparison with King Pro ,

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #14,517 of 33,689
Sound Impressions for the latest GS849 cable by Penon.

Lows: There is an increase in sub-bass extension and the sub-bass reproduction is more full-bodied. There is greater punch as each bass note is articulated with tightness and hit with increased strength.

Mids: The lower mids maintain a similar body. The upper mids benefit from the cable and results in an extra forwardness. The midrange has an improved definition.

Highs: The treble extends greatly. There is no sibilance and harshness. The crisp is enhanced with slight sparkle for some kick. It increases the engagement level and helps to deliver an exciting treble presentation.

Soundstage: The stage improves tremendously with a huge width. The depth slightly increases with an effective amount of space.

The highlights are a significant expansion in soundstage and improved extension on both ends. Not only does it boasts an immense sound, it looks great too.

27751553_1536104869839242_8609739433050053518_n.jpg

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #14,518 of 33,689
Can anyone explain the difference between the difference in these **** PT15 earbuds?

I just received a set of PT15, and it looks like the 2nd one.

The rear vents are different between the 2 photos (4 vs 1), and the numbers on the side are different as well (1274 vs 3789).

Are there fake/counterfeit PT15? Or perhaps driver differences (ie a graphene vs non-graphene drivers)?

Since I don’t have the 4-hole “1274” version to compare, I have no idea how my 1-hole “3789” stacks up. I’m not complaining though - it sounds unbelievable for the meager $8 I paid.

(Click for larger views)

0D905194-3BB8-4F06-81FC-C33B2D9D50AC.png
D359267D-D33D-4DDC-88AE-CCF5D43D9362.png

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #14,519 of 33,689
Can anyone explain the difference between the difference in these **** PT15 earbuds?

I just received a set of PT15, and it looks like the 2nd one.

The rear vents are different between the 2 photos (4 vs 1), and the numbers on the side are different as well (1274 vs 3789).

Are there fake/counterfeit PT15? Or perhaps driver differences (ie a graphene vs non-graphene drivers)?

Since I don’t have the 4-hole “1274” version to compare, I have no idea how my 1-hole “3789” stacks up. I’m not complaining though - it sounds unbelievable for the meager $8 I paid.

(Click for larger views)

It is not fake
The second one is the new batch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back