Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 8, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #14,477 of 33,689
Hello guys,
if you install the app Wish (for Android and iOS) there's a lot of iems for aorund €1 for a limited time. Can anyone check if any of those could be a chinese "gem"? They all come from there obviously...

Feb 8, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #14,478 of 33,689
Latest addition to the Alpha & Delta lineup!

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/02/09/alpha-delta-d3/

photo_2018-02-08_23-31-37.jpg

photo_2018-02-08_23-30-57.jpg

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #14,479 of 33,689
Feb 9, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #14,481 of 33,689
Thanks for that however I think I will pass KZ cables for a while, it's bad when they start looking like rotting from inside and feel the need to change them every few months only based on awful aesthetics.
yes, although this mmcx seems to have thicker transparent coat than kz 2-pins cables, it will also get oxidized, probably

Feb 9, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #14,484 of 33,689
I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet, so if it has, I apologize. Looks like another new TFZ model, the T1 Galaxy.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ic-Monitor-DJ-Studio/1213684_32854343190.html
They had been mentioned in the TFZ thread but not here I don’t think. Nice price, look decent as well though the cable is fixed. I wonder how different they are from their first release, the series 1. I still listen to mine from time to time, they are very relaxing . If these are any good I wouldn’t mind giving them a try

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #14,486 of 33,689
I guess I don't understand why silver-plated copper cables turn green in just few months. Obviously silver doesn't turn green, so I presume the copper is poorly plated. However, I have clear-jacketed copper speaker wire that is 25+ years old, and it looks fine. Even the bare ends, while slightly tarnished, are not green. :thinking:

Feb 10, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #14,488 of 33,689
I guess I don't understand why silver-plated copper cables turn green in just few months. Obviously silver doesn't turn green, so I presume the copper is poorly plated. However, I have clear-jacketed copper speaker wire that is 25+ years old, and it looks fine. Even the bare ends, while slightly tarnished, are not green. :thinking:

Silver most definitely oxidizes. Ask anyone who has solid silver or silver plated items (flatware, wedding gifts such as teapots and serving trays, old native american Indian jewelry, silver coins etc).

Any silver that does not oxidize has been treated in some way to resist this - coated with varnish, plated with an additional metal on top of the silver, or silver mixed with special base alloys (called 'tarnish-resistant silver' in the jewelry business), etc).

The thing I'm not sure of it why it oxidizes to green. Silver oxidizes to black.

silver-forks-tarnish-gradient.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #14,489 of 33,689
Silver most definitely oxidizes. Ask anyone who has solid silver or silver plated items (flatware, wedding gifts such as teapots and serving trays, old native american Indian jewelry, silver coins etc).

Any silver that does not oxidize has been treated in some way to resist this - coated with varnish, plated with an additional metal on top of the silver, or silver mixed with special base alloys (called 'tarnish-resistant silver' in the jewelry business), etc).

The thing I'm not sure of it why it oxidizes to green. Silver oxidizes to black.

Copper oxidises to green? I am guessing it must be a silver copper mix? Just speculating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back