Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 30, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #12,796 of 33,689
Sorry, no way I would wear those regardless of how good they sound. The crap I would take at the office would be horrendous. Those look like they were designed to appeal to a 7 year old girl.

The other included pair is black, plus this pair actually stands out vs the standard issue coloration of so many other headphones. Perhaps find someone to split costs?

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #12,797 of 33,689
Sorry, no way I would wear those regardless of how good they sound. The crap I would take at the office would be horrendous. Those look like they were designed to appeal to a 7 year old girl.

Really? I think they look very mature. :smirk:

20171011_153753_Film1.jpg

Now I just need a can of spray paint and some roller blades.

Oct 30, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #12,798 of 33,689
Really? I think they look very mature. :smirk:

Now I just need a can of spray paint and some roller blades.
Now that is some cringeworthy imagery B9!

However I think in black including black headband they would look fine.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #12,799 of 33,689
Now I have to drink til the part that stores pictures dies - thanks for that B9!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #12,801 of 33,689
So, I wanted to buy RE400 on joybuy. First it bugged with the coupon saying that I've used it while I clearly didn't, but even when I wanted to buy it without it, on the page where I am supposed to enter credit card numbers, it changes shipping address, it puts 888888 in the Province part... what in the world.

Also happened in my case. :-/
Ordered anyway. Checking the order details afterwards, the address seems correct. Ah well, let's wait and see...

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #12,802 of 33,689
Just got my Headroom Ms16 which are open earbuds. These really surprised me. They definitely have a bit of soundstage. I prefer them to my Monk Plus. These are slightly mid centric profile, they are definitely leaning towards bass and mids. I am really surprised they seem to have exceptional clarity and detail for a $7 open back earbuds. They have a spacey and airy sound. I would highly recommend these as an alternative to the Monk Plus. I personally bought the Monk Plus and never touched them after some sessions, just wasn't for me. These I think rival them pretty well. They are not the best per se, but at around $7 they definitely punch above their weight.

These are actually great for edm, funk, disco, and hip hop and specially rock. Several tracks that shine on these:
Baccara - Yes, sir I can boogie.
Jamiroquai - Starchild,
Maniac - Michael Sembello,
T.I. - How life changed.
Ice Cube - It was a good day.
MF Doom - Doomsday.
Bou Yah - Busy signal.
Drake - Passion fruit ( these shined in this). The Cranberries - Zombie ( These shined I incredibly ),
nightwish - wish master.

Overall I think these do scale with recordings. In some they're so crisp and clear and some are just a bit off, I think it might have to do with mixing. The only issue I found is in the mids, the mids sometimes can seem shouty and sometimes airy whispery and sometimes distant. Again I think this is per recording as in some songs they shine and some they feel off.
I would definitely recommend these as an alternative to the Monks Plus!!

P.S. for a bonus my favorite track: Pendulum - The Island pt. 1 actually sounded great. Usually that track sounds like sht on bright headphones, and sometimes isn't reproduced great in some others. These have great retrieval, for example was listening to Pendulum - FKA Twigs, these almost scared me since there are some sounds in the background that came through with great detail and I thought someone was knocking on something.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #12,805 of 33,689
Auglamour is preparing another flagship for the early 2018, RT-3. Apparently tuning is finished and it is a multi driver, probably a hybrid like RT-1 with additional BA driver or something along those lines.

9e44865bly1fl01x9sxyaj20qo0qo0y3.jpg

Is the RT-1 even actually out yet?

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #12,810 of 33,689
20171101_005235.jpg
20171101_005326.jpg
20171101_005721.jpg
20171101_005928.jpg
20171101_005950.jpg
20171101_010359.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture but i just gotta show more love for this.

I actually didn't have high hopes at all initially for this. I was proven wrong now i guess. The cable itself is already good enough to put KZ's stock to shame. It's soft yet it feels thick and durable and it isn't springy / sticky nor is it microphonics too.

Haven't have much time on it yet but initial impressions this is more towards smooth and balance sounding with ample amount of bass that's tight and deep without bleeding into midrange, treble that's only bright when it should with good extension. Very smooth and coherent sounding overall, i think they really did a good job in the crossover

Thought it would be rubbish actually but turns out to be an underdog.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back