Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #10,876 of 33,689
BTW Spinfit makes a double flange, I discovered, and it is perfect for the ZS5.
Yeah, but the sound is not better than foam tips plus you loose on the comfort and also, there is more trouble with inserting them. I believe in double flange ear tips, just need to find the perfect IEM to pair it with so that the sound is actually the best possible out of that IEM - additional trouble would be worth it.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #10,880 of 33,689
We need to have a KZ Starline tip party:beerchug: Outside of my Lg. Audio's they are my most used tips:wink:

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #10,882 of 33,689
Slightly off topic as this is about Final Audio from Japan, their tips are pure perfection. Somehow soft yet they remain in shape more than enough to stay nicely put plus isolation is beyond amazing. I think they are similar to Sony tips, at least they look like they are with small flat part on top. I wish I could find them for a normal price, they get quite expensive to import.

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #10,884 of 33,689
Yeah, but the sound is not better than foam tips plus you loose on the comfort and also, there is more trouble with inserting them. I believe in double flange ear tips, just need to find the perfect IEM to pair it with so that the sound is actually the best possible out of that IEM - additional trouble would be worth it.
Comply kills treble and they wear out fast....+1 to Starlines, they are very good

is the **** AK Musicmaker Nine Tail any good?
Easy isn't allowed to be talked about on here, he is a banned seller...on that note, filters annoy me a bit and the shape looks very odd but I'm a MM fan and I really want them but don't have the cojones or need to make the purchase though

Aug 23, 2017 at 9:28 PM Post #10,885 of 33,689
For anyone interested in the horribly named BGVP SGZ-DN1, here are my thoughts. Overall a solid, if not slightly underwhelming budget hybrid. I like it, but I don't love it.

https://head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-sgz-dn1.22607/reviews#review-19070

DSC01696.JPG DSC01725.JPG DSC01726.JPG

Aug 23, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #10,886 of 33,689
I ordered the ninetail and just was notified that it was delivered today. I won't be able to listen to them until September 1st, as I'm away on business until then. I will post impressions after spending some time with them.

Aug 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #10,887 of 33,689
I'm right there with you. Like them so much I bought a stockpile of extras (well, of they older grey ones).

Same here. I love the new black Starlines.

I can't wait for KZ to start selling them separately. I too have a pile of the grey ones, which I like as well. But the black ones are soft and supple once broken in.

I also love the tips included with the Magaosi K3 Pro. The thickest, beefiest tips I've ever seen. And made from TRUE medical-grade silicone. I wish they were available to buy separately.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #10,888 of 33,689

Unfortunately that seller is banned on HF, so I would check google, youtube, etc to see if there are any reviews anywhere else :0(

Aug 24, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #10,890 of 33,689

I can't tell if those are the original grey or the new black.

I am comparing both in my hand right now, and the color can be difficult to tell apart in certain light. When looking at the photos on that Aliexpress page, I can't tell for certain if it's the black or grey ones. My laptop screen isn't reliable enough.

I have about 10-12 full sets of grey ones, so it would suck if these turned out to be more greys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back