Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #10,261 of 33,689
I've been scheming for a deal on the N40 since you first mentioned that deal you got way back when. Either so few people buy them, or everyone that does keeps them forever (or both). Used are impossible to find, and there's no deals (like open box) on any of them.

Glad to know the Pioneer is a (considerably) cheaper alternative! I'll keep my eyes out for a pair.

Razordogaudio has another pair on eBay for the same price they were asking for when I got them from them. I just low balled them and took their offer of $20 off asking.

The N40 are more vivid but the Pioneer are no slouch. The Pioneer sound great out of my M3 but didn't notice too much difference when out of the Opus, will have to do more listening, haven't gone balanced yet either. The N40 though require a quality source to sound their full potential

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #10,262 of 33,689
Razordogaudio has another pair on eBay for the same price they were asking for when I got them from them. I just low balled them and took their offer of $20 off asking.

The N40 are more vivid but the Pioneer are no slouch. The Pioneer sound great out of my M3 but didn't notice too much difference when out of the Opus, will have to do more listening, haven't gone balanced yet either. The N40 though require a quality source to sound their full potential

My source is an xduoo X3 with FiiO E12A amp.

Do you happen to have either the Magaosi K3 Pro, KZ ZS5, or VSonic VSD5S? Those are the best sounding/preferred signature IEMs I own, and I'm curious how either the N40 or Pioneer stack up sound wise. Because that's a significant price jump for me (especially the N40).

TIA!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #10,263 of 33,689
I have the X3 paired to an E12, also the Magaosi K3 and Zs5.

The N40 is simply in a different league.

TWIN

Jul 25, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #10,264 of 33,689
I have the X3 paired to an E12, also the Magaosi K3 and Zs5.

The N40 is simply in a different league.

TWIN

Thanks Twin!

I happened to locate the N40 thread and read through all of the posts. I know you're a big Infected Mushroom fan as well, and you and I like similar sound signatures so I know I'll love the N40 as well.

Glad to know that you have the identical source setup as well. I assume your E12 is the Mont Blanc (or is it the E12 DIY)? I have the Mont Blanc, and am addicted to the sound from the Muses02 op amp.

IM on the X3 with the E12 is like audio crack.

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #10,265 of 33,689
Have you considered the Massdrop Nuforce EDC? The reviews seem to be pretty great on those and about half the cost of the PX. If you do go with KZ, the ZS5 is a lot of bang for the buck.

Yeah just canceled it. What is everybody's opinion on the zse frequency graph?

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #10,267 of 33,689
Hello I need help.... Well I recently had a listen to the Campfire Audio Andromeda and fell in love with how clear and spacious the sound was. I currently own the Orivety New Primacy and they punch way above the asking price. But i'm just wondering if it would be possible to get an iem that performs close to or if not as good as the Andromeda for much less. I am a detail freak and absolutely want clarity but also with very good instrument separation and soundstage. I don't want to spend more than $400 AUD but if it could be much less it would be awesome. Any recommendations? I am looking at the Kinera H3... But idk if it will be close to Andromeda wowness. I also want bass but I definitely am no basshead but as long that bass isnt lacking, its more than good

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #10,269 of 33,689
Hello I need help.... Well I recently had a listen to the Campfire Audio Andromeda and fell in love with how clear and spacious the sound was. I currently own the Orivety New Primacy and they punch way above the asking price. But i'm just wondering if it would be possible to get an iem that performs close to or if not as good as the Andromeda for much less. I am a detail freak and absolutely want clarity but also with very good instrument separation and soundstage. I don't want to spend more than $400 AUD but if it could be much less it would be awesome. Any recommendations? I am looking at the Kinera H3... But idk if it will be close to Andromeda wowness. I also want bass but I definitely am no basshead but as long that bass isnt lacking, its more than good

i didn't listened h3 but imo it will be a downgrade. new primacy is a really nice iem.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #10,272 of 33,689
I got a nice surprise in the mail today:

20170726_133448.jpg
20170726_133954.jpg
20170726_133608.jpg
20170726_133916.jpg
20170726_135002.jpg

It's the Zorloo Aero digital earphone.

A very nice concept that contains one cable with USB micro, usb-c or lightning connector and has the Sabre ESS9018 chip built in the volume control on the cable. They do offer three different tunings on the IEM's themselves: acoustic, euphoric or nostalgic, my favorite so far is the nostalgic ones which has great balanced sound with a smooth and overall very enjoyable sound.

Anyone interested in reading more about the can check out the Zorloo website:

http://www.zorloo.com/aero

So far I'm really impressed both with the sound abd the concept as a whole. I've got the usb-c version and in addition as working great with my Samsung S8 it does also work like a charm with the Shanling M1 DAP, very nice.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #10,274 of 33,689
It was at E-Earphone Akihabara branch in Tokyo last October when I was contemplating on getting the Campfire Audio Andromeda when I stumbled upon a rare gem and the rest was history. I dropped the Andromeda like a hot potato and went for the Dynamic Motion DM200H instead after I popped them in my ear. Yes...the DM200H just sound better than the Andromeda and I really couldn't believe it. I'm a detail freak like you and the DM200H just ticked every requirement for me. It just sounded awesome right out of the box with the stock silicone tips. Do give it a try if you can find a store to try them, I'm sure you won't be disappointed :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #10,275 of 33,689
A small update on my order of KDK-202:
I received a faulty KDK-201 (both are sold by the same shop so I think they swapped unintentionally) Link to the 201 https://de.aliexpress.com/store/pro...2789058037.html?spm=a2g0x.12010615.0.0.3lbr44
If it weren't for a MASSIVE channel imbalance due to a halfbroken jack I'd say they are decent. Typical sound for a 3$ chifi-product. A bit bloated bass and lower mids, overpowering other frequencies. Tamed treble, failry good clarity.
Nothing spectacular.
Another fault are sharp edges at the casing, they might hurt the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back