Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #9,646 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #9,647 of 33,689
Anyone ever heard of the Mifo R1?
Looks like an interesting design - dual graphene film drivers - 1 handling each range of frequencies. What's the most interesting is that the drivers are oriented in a sort of stacked configuration, facing opposite directions to one another (with 1 driver front-firing and the other firing towards the back of the housing). I've personally never seen this configuration before.

The Amazon description is Chinglishy, but the listing says the housing has "independent stereo sound cavities". I am taking this to mean that the shell possibly has separate sections for each driver (like the KZ ZS1 and ZN1 had for example), vs just dumping the output of both drivers into the same cavity and praying for the best. Whether this is a good design or not is anyone's guess, but it's interesting nonetheless.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #9,648 of 33,689
Does it have to be a DAC, or will DAP do?

And do you need bluetooth/aptX?

What is the typical impedance of the headphones and/or IEMs you're planning on driving?
If I can get a Dap that sounds as good as a DAC for the same price, then I would prefer a Dap. I was just under the impression that a Dac at the same price would sound better than a Dap.
No bluetooth needed.
Impedance, all my Earphones and Planned headphones are very low impedance, but I have a full size amp with no Preamp, so I was planning to get something so I wouldn't need a preamp. Is that a bad idea?

Jun 24, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #9,649 of 33,689
Hi, I'm looking for a Portable Headphone Amplifier preferably with a DAC between the $50-100 range.
Is there any gems to be found in this bracket? If it isn't portable but it's really good value I would consider it, or is it better to buy a good dap instead (Like the Cayin N3)?
I've been looking at these. Anyone have any experience with the Breeze E17, E47, Topping NX3, ?
I can solder so if anyone has found Good DIY stuff I will look at that too. Thanks a lot if anyone responds.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...able-amp-high-end-CPI/808374_32646176148.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Wor...a03e336a-30&algo_pvid=6cecaacd-96a6-493d-af00https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ba03e336a-4&algo_pvid=6cecaacd-96a6-493d-af00

Cayin N3 is a good DAP. For DAC Under $100 you can consider Topping NX4. Slightly wider soundstage & better power

Jun 24, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #9,657 of 33,689
To be honest I prefer it over the King. It's lighter, more comfortable and has a lower in-ear profile. The overall sound is a little warmer and doesn't get hot in the treble. Right now I'm thinking it might have a bigger soundstage too but I'd have to A/B them to be sure.
late for the party... IT refers to Veedix NC50?

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #9,659 of 33,689
I'm wondering the same thing. I also noted that some come with a textured cable and some with a smooth rubber cable.

No comparison whatsoever. The urbanfun hybrid is the (only) one you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back