Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 10, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #9,436 of 33,689
You're making me want to have a look at the Series 5 even though I have a ZS5 sitting in my cart on GearBest. Looking forward to review of those as well. They'll be interesting to pair with the future DAP (I replied to your blog on your blog). An exciting time to get into ChiFi. :L3000:

Definitely scoop up the ZS5 anyway since they're surprisingly cheap. Could easily make your money back if you don't like them. Fingers crossed the rest of the Exclusive series is worthy of two thumbs up.

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #9,437 of 33,689
Hi, not really new to this thread, I've been lurking it some time lol, but I think no one has mentioned this IEM, If someone has bought it, how is it? It looks good and it's hybrid, I also saw in other stores showing that this earphone has tantalum capacitors and a frequency divider
http://s.aliexpress.com/BBrq67Rz
100-New-Arrival-Quad-core-dual-unit-Hybrid-Balance-Armature-With-Dynamic-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphones.jpg_640x640.jpg_.webp

[Image for reference]

Jun 10, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #9,438 of 33,689
Hi, not really new to this thread, I've been lurking it some time lol, but I think no one has mentioned this IEM, If someone has bought it, how is it? It looks good and it's hybrid, I also saw in other stores showing that this earphone has tantalum capacitors and a frequency divider
100-New-Arrival-Quad-core-dual-unit-Hybrid-Balance-Armature-With-Dynamic-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphones.jpg_640x640.jpg_.webp

[Image for reference]

That's a good looking earphone! Nice find. Haven't seen or heard anything about it yet.

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #9,440 of 33,689
Jun 11, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #9,442 of 33,689
I've just got the Fengru non hybrid version cable is slightly different though. Looking at the picture the BA is quite some distance from the nozzle, anyone any idea how that will impact the sound?

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #9,443 of 33,689
That's not how mine sound.

It sounds like a cable problem, a short or plugs into the earphones the wrong way round. If you have a ZS3 you could try the cable from that.
After burning in for over 50 hours, it definitely sounds much clearer and distinct. It wasn't a cable problem. I'm starting to enjoy these alot now, mellow sounding mid forward sound, though it lacks sub bass compared to KZ ZST which I don't really mind that much. Feels good :3

Jun 11, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #9,445 of 33,689
Yeah, I might buy them, the cable that comes with them it's pretty nice for the price, and about that thing of the tantalum capacitors, here's a pic of it
Balanced-Armature-Dynamic-In-ear-Earphone-BA-Driver-Noise-Cancelling-Sport-Headset-with-Mic-28-Cores.jpg_640x640.jpg_.webp

Really interesting find! Might also try them out if ZS5 isn`t my taste. But also considering trying out Kinera BD-05.

Jun 11, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #9,447 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #9,448 of 33,689
Hey I don't know if earbuds are considered off topic here, I'm sorry if it is.

So we've all heard of the VE Monks, but recently I read a comment from a guy with a HD598 and M40x etc saying they were his first choice for classical. Obviously I take it with a pinch of salt, and to those who own it I'd like to ask at what point (in price)do your Monks start to get outclassed? Because if it really is that much of a giant killer I wouldn't mind picking up a pair. Still adding pinches of salt since watching a YouTube video a while back where a guy compared his Zircons to a SE846 with a Chord Mojo and thought "holy crap" and pounced on it like a moth to a flame. crap broke on me after a month lol, it had an impressive amount of subbass I'll give it that, but that was pretty stupid lol

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #9,449 of 33,689

[Image for reference]

I just ordered these, so give it 2 weeks and I can give an impression

Jun 11, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #9,450 of 33,689
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back