Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 4, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #7,891 of 33,689
  @Vidal 

What are your thoughts on the Memt X5?  I saw your review and it looks like you scored them very favorably, but then i see your comments in here and it doesnt seem like your the biggest fan?  Any reason why you dont speak of them very highly?  Especially considering the 9.1 score.
Thanks for any information you can provide :)  I just cant decide on my next headphone
confused_face_2.gif

Not sure I've ever said the Memt X5 are not good, or at least shouldn't have given that impression. 
eek.gif

My opinion is that they are a v.good budget buy. They aren't a match to my listening preference but every once in a while I like to mix it up especially if I feel in need of a blast of EDM, on these occasions I'd happily reach for the X5. Most of the time my music choice is accoustic singer/songwriter stuff and I'd prefer others for that genre.

One criticism I have seen relates to the cable, I always wear my earphones over ear so this has never been a real problem for me. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #7,892 of 33,689

Had a quick listen to the DT200 on Wednesday. By quick listen I mean listening to a song or two in a Tim Hortons. Not ideal, so take this with a grain of salt. In my brief listen the DT200 came across quite bassy without affecting the mids/treble, and with a nice open sound. There was a bit of grain to the treble, but apparently they benefit greatly from burn in of which this pair had not gone through. They seemed like something I would enjoy with more time. Would love to read some more impressions from @1clearhead 

​I received the UiiSii BA-T8 (DT200) last Wednesday, had an initial listen and gave them 50 hrs. of burn in over the weekend.  Over the last couple to days I have spent quite a bit of time with them and want to give you my impression of them.  I keep seeing very mixed opinions about earphones on this site and I feel that often the opinion is more relevant to the person's preference than to the attributes of the earphone.  In order for you to better assess my comments I will let you know that my preference lies towards a balanced and neutral (flat) sound signature.  Most people will find an earphone with a neutral sound signature to be bass light.  I like bass but it is the mids and treble that I find most interesting and enjoyable, so I will take as much bass as I can get as long it doesn't impact upon the mids and treble.  I also consider myself to be tolerant of a brighter earphone but the brightness has to come without sibilance.

I agree with B9Scrambler's comment regarding his impression of this earphone.  I too initially noted a graininess to the treble but that disappeared after the admittedly short burn in.  The BA-T8 certainly isn't bass shy.  The bass is strong, tight and very well textured.  I have only experienced this much bass in earphones that I would consider V shaped, the BA-T8 however is extremely well balanced.  Female vocals are able to get ahead of the bass and the treble shines through with ease.  The treble is clear and detailed but is not to the point of making the BA-T8 too analytical sounding.  As a result the BA-T8 has a warmth to it that makes this earphone excellent for long listening sessions. I find the soundstage and instrument positioning on the BA-T8 to be a little above average. (Good but not a feature that stands out)  When listening to this earphone I get the sense that UiiSii spent great amount of effort with the tuning of the BA-T8 and as result, in my opinion, they have produced a very good sounding earphone considering it's $20 price range.

After hours of listening to the BA-T8, my preference is still toward a neutral sound signature but on those occasions when I want a bassy headphone I will be listening to the BA-T8

In comparison to the MEMT X5 (the X5 is very tip sensitive so FYI my comparisons were made using the KZ Starline tips)

Bass - The X5 has more bass than the BA-T8 but I find the BA-T8 quality and consistency of the bass is nicer.

Mids - The mids on the X5 seemed slightly recessed.   Vocals come through better with the BA-T8

Treble - In my opinion  the X5 has excellent treble clarity and detail however this might be considered too analytical.  The treble on the BA-T8 is clear and detailed but slightly less forward lending a warmer feel the earphone.

Soundstage - The BA-T8 has a wider soundstage than the X5 but so it only a little wider than average.

Although I like the X5 I find it tiring after 3 or 4 songs, the BA-T8 however I can continue to listen to for extended periods and still enjoy it.

In conclusion I feel that UiiSii has done a great job with this earphone.

I see UiiSii is now releasing another hybrid model the DT100, I think I'm going to have to order one of these when they become available..

Apr 4, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #7,893 of 33,689
  I dont know if this will help but bluedio is quite a known brand for bluetooth stuff. They have some pretty cheap earphones etc but I have never listened to any of their stuff before.

@themindfreak

i actually tried 2 of bluedio.  it has tons of sets, and both of them average in sound n call, so i didnt consider them. Though i used models from 2015 so am not aware if any new ones are in.

Thanks for the reply

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #7,894 of 33,689

Not sure I've ever said the Memt X5 are not good, or at least shouldn't have given that impression. 
eek.gif

My opinion is that they are a v.good budget buy. They aren't a match to my listening preference but every once in a while I like to mix it up especially if I feel in need of a blast of EDM, on these occasions I'd happily reach for the X5. Most of the time my music choice is accoustic singer/songwriter stuff and I'd prefer others for that genre.

One criticism I have seen relates to the cable, I always wear my earphones over ear so this has never been a real problem for me. 

Sorry i may of mis paraphrased.  I've just seen comments in the past 10-15 pages where you quickly recommend other products over the Memt X5 so i was a little surprised your review was so very positive but I appreciate the comment and clarification! :)

I had a pair of Z0A3s which you also reviewed positvely but they broke so I'm looking to replace them and considering the Memt X5.

Cool site by the way!  Nice to see reviews from once voice in a consistant place.

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #7,895 of 33,689
We throw them on the ice at Redwing Games.

Gotta love Detroiters.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #7,896 of 33,689
  Sorry i may of mis paraphrased.  I've just seen comments in the past 10-15 pages where you quickly recommend other products over the Memt X5 so i was a little surprised your review was so very positive but I appreciate the comment and clarification! :)

I had a pair of Z0A3s which you also reviewed positvely but they broke so I'm looking to replace them and considering the Memt X5.

Cool site by the way!  Nice to see reviews from once voice in a consistant place.

I guess that's all well and good if you hear everything like Vidal but for myself I prefer to glean info from multiple sources. You know even ones mood can effect they may be hearing on any given day
wink_face.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #7,897 of 33,689
I guess that's all well and good if you hear everything like Vidal but for myself I prefer to glean info from multiple sources. You know even ones mood can effect they may be hearing on any given day:wink_face:

In that case Podman Have I got an earphone for YOU....

:smiling_imp::smiling_imp:. TWIN

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #7,898 of 33,689
Thanks for the responses guys, here's the list i got from that:

**** 4in1 (potentially fatiguing)
Einsear T2
Urbanfun Hifi
Tennmak Pro
Tennmak Pianos

Did i miss anything? No KZ models are at the top right now? I'll look more into these.

the more mid-fi (right?) list;
k3 Pro
A4
sendiy m1221

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #7,899 of 33,689
Yep, 1clearhead described the soundstage to be similar to that of the MEMT X5. Seems like the DT200 is better overall for extended periods of listening, and better midrange with warm treble. Otherwise, I appreciate the impression you've given since it provided clarification between buying the Magaosi BK50s, MEMT X5s, and UiiSii DT200s. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #7,900 of 33,689
Are you talking about the LG Quadbeat 3s? Because those have been praised for being great IEMs for their price, as I can confirm owning them. Of course being that there are now better ones out there. However, at their time of release, they really were one of the best.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #7,901 of 33,689
I guess that's all well and good if you hear everything like Vidal but for myself I prefer to glean info from multiple sources. 

Good approach, which is why I've been happy to add in an extra opinion or two from another reviewer, something I hope to expand on in due course

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #7,902 of 33,689

Good approach, which is why I've been happy to add in an extra opinion or two from another reviewer, something I hope to expand on in due course

Not trying to take anything away from you Vidal, you are doing a fine job I just can't rely on a single impression for anything in this hobby
wink_face.gif
Loomis is also a good reviewer to use as backup opinion but once again I like to see as many as I can
beerchug.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #7,903 of 33,689

Ah, got ya. It'll depend on what the person was asking for in terms of sound/design. I'm also conscious that the Memt X5 are hyped up to the max at the moment and I wasn't trying to add to that.

People sometimes forget/overlook great earphones when there's a hype train on the go.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #7,904 of 33,689

Not trying to take anything away from you Vidal, you are doing a fine job I just can't rely on a single impression for anything in this hobby
wink_face.gif
Loomis is also a good reviewer to use as backup opinion but once again I like to see as many as I can
beerchug.gif

No worries, I never took it that way and thanks for the feedback. I completely agree with you about getting plenty of opinions, hell my wife even sometimes lets me have my own 
biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #7,905 of 33,689

I guess that's all well and good if you hear everything like Vidal but for myself I prefer to glean info from multiple sources. You know even ones mood can effect they may be hearing on any given day
wink_face.gif

Lol fair point!  I guess it just makes it easier to go to one place instead of combing through endless pages on Head fi looking for impressions.  I've been looking at getting the Memt x5 and i can get it for $13.  Just trying to gather information and comparisons can be a daunting challenge on this site sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back