Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 16, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #6,886 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler

Shouts out to you sir. My AS800AP showed up today. They have a more controller and less exaggerated sound. They can be pushed way harder with EQ than the XB50AP and still be clear across the whole spectrum. Bass feels a lot tighter on AS800AP.

By comparison it doesn't have mind blowingly potent sub bass directly off non-EQ/non amped sources, like my ps4 controller which is definitely not as overwhelming of a bass sound as the XB50AP which is simply an insane bass cannon without EQ or amp.

I couldn't figure out how to wear those ear hooks right so i'm just using them with tips on. But for $15 I am very very impressed! These will stay on my PS4 controller for sure. Might even get a second set at this price, they are honestly very killer at this price for the overall SQ you get. So thanks for tipping me off to these. I am very happy with my two cheap Sonys !

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #6,887 of 33,689
@B9Scrambler

Shouts out to you sir. My AS800AP showed up today. They have a more controller and less exaggerated sound. They can be pushed way harder with EQ than the XB50AP and still be clear across the whole spectrum. Bass feels a lot tighter on AS800AP.

By comparison it doesn't have mind blowingly potent sub bass directly off non-EQ/non amped sources, like my ps4 controller which is definitely not as overwhelming of a bass sound as the XB50AP which is simply an insane bass cannon without EQ or amp.

I couldn't figure out how to wear those ear hooks right so i'm just using them with tips on. But for $15 I am very very impressed! These will stay on my PS4 controller for sure. Might even get a second set at this price, they are honestly very killer at this price for the overall SQ you get. So thanks for tipping me off to these. I am very happy with my two cheap Sonys !

Get the XB510AS :)
http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-xb510as

Then you can compare all of them.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #6,888 of 33,689

@B9Scrambler

Get the XB510AS
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-xb510as

Then you can compare all of them.

Tempted, but I know they won't be as good as my XB90EX 
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #6,889 of 33,689
  I have to say this filter thing doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather have a pair of earphones that fairly accurately replay the recording without having to tinker.

It would be an interesting experience initially but beyond that I think I'd settle for a sound a stick with it.

i'm generally in accord--i recently got some trinity sabres for gifting and (as much as i appreciate how much they pack in the box) both their recipient and i were overwhelmed--there were ten different filters in addition to three cables and innumerable tips. the filters aren't just a gimmick--they do tailor the sound--but unless i was in solitary or stranded on a desert island i couldn't see having the  patience to actually wade thru all the permutations.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #6,890 of 33,689
  I have to say this filter thing doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather have a pair of earphones that fairly accurately replay the recording without having to tinker.

It would be an interesting experience initially but beyond that I think I'd settle for a sound a stick with it.

I agree. I find that I really enjoy IEMs of a couple different tuning types, but I rarely enjoy an IEM that has filters. Ones that I found underwhelming for the price:

-Finder X1 ($200)
-RHA T20 ($200)
-Gemini HD ($128)
-Phantom Master 4 ($200)

These are all pretty expensive and really don't do any one sound signature very well. This is, of course, my opinion. I do stand by it. My favorite IEMs overall:

Upper-mid-fi:
-Rose Cappucinno Mk. II (Bass Cannon, $355)
-Chord&Major 01'16 (Mid-centric/dark, $300)
-Heir Audio 4Ai S (Upper-mids centric/bright, $400)

Budget-fi:
-Macaw GT100s (Treble-cannon, $55)
-Thinksound MS02 (Warm, $80)
-Auglamor R8 (V-shaped, $30)

I skipped over a lot of the budget-fi that passes through this thread, so that's why my favorites are so... eclectic. 

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #6,891 of 33,689

i'm generally in accord--i recently got some trinity sabres for gifting and (as much as i appreciate how much they pack in the box) both their recipient and i were overwhelmed--there were ten different filters in addition to three cables and innumerable tips. the filters aren't just a gimmick--they do tailor the sound--but unless i was in solitary or stranded on a desert island i couldn't see having the  patience to actually wade thru all the permutations.

Wow you gift well. My birthday is in September!!!!!

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #6,892 of 33,689
Or otherwise before you know it:blink:

:grinning: Tsk, tsk, tsk.... Podman you are ready for a 12 Step. It's too late for me. Save yourselffffff.......

Ughhhhhh.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #6,894 of 33,689
What is the best >100$ Chinese IEM with a neutral sound signature?

I wanted to get the Magaosi K3 Pro but the frequency response is rather v-shaped. I've had too much experience with v-shaped IEMs and headphones to know that I don't like them.

You probably won't like a neutral signature as much as you would think. The Advanced Sound M4 is actually quite good and rather neutral at around $40.

I have a pair of supposedly quite balanced and highly touted earphones on the way the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 although they are just barely under $200.

Will let you know impressions when I get them Monday. Currently they are rated #2 on head fis universal list. Right behind the Senn. IE8 which I can assure you isn't neutral.:smiling_imp:

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #6,895 of 33,689
You probably won't like a neutral signature as much as you would think. The Advanced Sound M4 is actually quite good and rather neutral at around $40.

I have a pair of supposedly quite balanced and highly touted earphones on the way the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 although they are just barely under $200.

Thanks, I own several balanced headphones and like them a lot (notably the HD600)

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #6,896 of 33,689

I wanted to get the Magaosi K3 Pro but the frequency response is rather v-shaped. I've had too much experience with v-shaped IEMs and headphones to know that I don't like them.

Maybe the Moni One

Mar 16, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #6,897 of 33,689
Justin, the Moni one is really good but on some material it can be piercingly bright. I wouldn't exactly call it neutral.

JMHO

:grinning::grinning:TWIN

Mar 16, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #6,898 of 33,689
  @B9Scrambler

Glad you're having fun with them! Regarding the ear tips, I just toss on the smallest size then either twist the earphone into position so they slot in to the top of your antihelix, or fold them down, insert, and let them pop up into the antihelix. But, yeah, you don't need them really. They don't add anything, or take away for that matter, to the sound.

Keep in mind that they're also waterproof, so you can take them through all sorts of crazy @#$% and they should hold up just fine. A nice little bonus imo :D It's a killer iem.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #6,899 of 33,689

As mentioned by someone else yesterday, Hifiman RE-Zero and VE Duke, though I have no experience in either.

I'm still looking for netural Chi-fi in the 200-325 USD range that can reproduce more realistically than SE535.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #6,900 of 33,689

I think in the previous pages, some people were recommending the vivo xe800 saying it was neutral if i recall correctly. Or the Hifiman Re00 will also swing by on massdrop from time to time for 35usd. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back