Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 18, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #5,071 of 33,689
Thinking of taking an early punt on the **** 6in1 (I guess someone has to), but I've no experience of buying on Taoboa.

Is there anyone from the UK on here who can recommend an agent?  Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere previously.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #5,073 of 33,689
  Thinking of taking an early punt on the **** 6in1 (I guess someone has to), but I've no experience of buying on Taoboa.

Is there anyone from the UK on here who can recommend an agent?  Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere previously.

I plan to try it when it's on aliexpress, probably after Spring Festival. But if you want to take this one for us, you can try http://www.mistertao.com.  Register an account.
Copy the following taobao url into the search bar and search:
https://world.taobao.com/item/544311842590.htm
Then you get a quote in USD like:
http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/544311842590.html

There are three options: black or blue cable for $33.35, silver cable for $42.13.  Add to cart.

Jan 18, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #5,074 of 33,689
Sharing another seller on AliExpress to avoid. Do not buy from Hotfi earphone and headphone. He gave a fake tracking code until the protection time had run out. Disappointing the way these guys operate.

I've had good communication, and service, from HotFi.

One of the two $150+ earphones I've ordered, came from the HotFi (AliExpress) shop.
I bought the HotFi HM1 (2016) Earphone (32Ω, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$166.50]) back in October.
The other one was purchased from the Penon (AliExpress) shop - LZ A4 Earphone (16Ω, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$150.00]) in December.

These two earphones (LZ A4 set-up with Red Back & Blue Nozzle) sound extremely similar to me (using iFi Micro iDSD, Onkyo DP-X1, & Shanling M1).  I guess I need to set aside some time to concentrate on comparing them with music I'm most familiar with.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #5,075 of 33,689
Wow. Wish I saw those reports earlier. I put in the gist of the conversation here. I just browsed through their feedback and they basically swore at another buyer. Anyways just don't buy from hot fi. Not worth your troubles.

https://m.imgur.com/4U35LV9,RcONFr1,P3HfbzU

i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but i gotta say that s#$% is not unfunny...
most of these ali sellers are fine until there's a problem, then their real character pokes through. candidly, i've found the banned seller (he of such alleged ill repute) to be quite generous and pleasant when little problems have emerged, while some of his unbesmirched peers get really pissy.

Jan 18, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #5,076 of 33,689
Wow. Wish I saw those reports earlier. I put in the gist of the conversation here. I just browsed through their feedback and they basically swore at another buyer. Anyways just don't buy from hot fi. Not worth your troubles.

https://m.imgur.com/4U35LV9,RcONFr1,P3HfbzU

http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/31800#post_12747347
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/32040#post_12757103

Somewhere in the old thread there are screenshots of them barraging me with f-bombs but I couldn't find them. there is a screenshot of them doing it to someone else

That is all...

One of the two $150+ earphones I've ordered, came from the HotFi (AliExpress) shop.
I bought the HotFi HM1 (2016) Earphone (32Ω, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$166.50]) back in October.
The other one was purchased from the Penon (AliExpress) shop - LZ A4 Earphone (16Ω, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$150.00]) in December.

These two earphones (LZ A4 set-up with Red Back & Blue Nozzle) sound extremely similar to me (using iFi Micro iDSD, Onkyo DP-X1, & Shanling M1).  I guess I need to set aside some time to concentrate on comparing them with music I'm most familiar with.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Jan 18, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #5,078 of 33,689
Not heard the Memt X5, and not likely to in the near future as I can't find it anywhere other than taobao. If it comes up on Ali I'll be straight in.

Between the Xiaomi Pro HD and Ty Hi-Z it has to be the G3. I like the detail and imaging of the G3

Thanks, they are the two I'm most interested in. Would you say they are in the same league and a matter of preference or on two different levels? Trying to decide if I "need" both.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #5,079 of 33,689

Take Care,
David Baldock

I have both of them (LZ A4 & hotfi hm1 same as super audio 2DD+2BA) I think LZ A4 with black back/Red front more relaxed sound. Better width, better sub bass. Super Audio 2DD+2BA more forward mid emphasis to mid high & the high harsher than LZ A4. Even A4 is smoother but better micro detail.

Jan 18, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #5,080 of 33,689
Thanks, they are the two I'm most interested in. Would you say they are in the same league and a matter of preference or on two different levels? Trying to decide if I "need" both.

Not sure about leagues/levels.

What I can say is that since I bought the G3 I don't feel the need to listen/buy anything else. I still listen to other earphones when I'm asked about or review them from a business point of view. However for my own personal listening I tend to return to the G3s. iPhone 6S, Cozoy Aegis and G3s is my perfect setup at the moment. 

The Xiaomi are good earphones but from what I recall they're not quite to my taste.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #5,081 of 33,689
Any suggestions for something cheap with excellent isolation? I listen to mostly rock, looking for a warm sound, not basshead and I am a little treble sensitive.
I've got a long flight coming up in a few weeks.
Thanks!

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #5,082 of 33,689
That MEMT X5 seem interesting, waiting to appear on ali
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll see if I can ask them if it's possible for them to post on Aliexpress. ....Crossing-fingers for you guys!  
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #5,083 of 33,689

​Oh, yeah, you have both. Why you don't give some honest comments?! The comments on A4 and Yinjw was not from me. It's from someone else who have both.
So what? I never say anything against my conscience. I have told the story in A4 thread. Somehow you are right. I have already sensed the weakness of A2 and I pointed it out in my review, but not emphasized. And I admit the reason I didn't emphasize is because I got a free sample to review. So I never do that in the future.
Look at your own review on A2, which you bought and A3, which you got a free sample for review. I do not want to say more, I believe people can have a clear judgment finally.

I have the Yinjw IE800, A2, and A4. The yinjw was nice for $30 over a year ago, but doesn't have near the soundstage or sound quality anywhere approaching the A4.

You lost me once you said that. Whoever this person is that believes this about the Yinjw is not someone I'd ever want an opinion from.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #5,084 of 33,689
I have the Yinjw IE800, A2, and A4. The yinjw was nice for $30 over a year ago, but doesn't have near the soundstage or sound quality anywhere approaching the A4.

You lost me once you said that. Whoever this person is that believes this about the Yinjw is not someone I'd ever want an opinion from.

PM you.

BTW, not overall SQ, but only their 3D presentation.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #5,085 of 33,689
Not sure about leagues/levels.

What I can say is that since I bought the G3 I don't feel the need to listen/buy anything else. I still listen to other earphones when I'm asked about or review them from a business point of view. However for my own personal listening I tend to return to the G3s. iPhone 6S, Cozoy Aegis and G3s is my perfect setup at the moment. 

The Xiaomi are good earphones but from what I recall they're not quite to my taste.

Thanks, perfect input, do you recommend a reputable seller for the g3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back