Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 14, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #3,031 of 33,689
Hi all this is the official explanation from **** on their DT2+

I do not have a very good command of chinese but from what i read, the main points (stand corrected);

1. QC failed at 1 of the drivers.. or rather no QC was performed before they shipped out.
2. Warranty for these sets are for 2 years
3. Customers who have already bought the DT2+ can ask for a refund including shipping charges to be bear by the company.
4. **** apologies.

Well shiat happens, just look at Samsung Note 7 LOL.. but still at this point of time no one in their sane mind should continue buying this until they fix this and send out the new batch.

My Dt2+ is still on it's way to me. How Wil I know of it is defective or not? Who do we contact about the refund, the seller or **** and will we have to send the defective item back at our cost...

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #3,032 of 33,689

Hopefully I don't misguide you lol! I bought a bunch of sets too to see what I'd prefer. Definitely V-shaped is a no go for me. I need them mids. Or else things start sounding "tin-can" like to me.

Also received the Tingo cable ad for ~7 its really nice! Cables feel thin, but it's because they don't have the plastic tubing like on other cables. I think it looks nice. Doesn't sound any different to other cables.

Ehh, I had them on my list anyways, so I wouldn't consider it misguiding someone.  I think the only two reasons I didn't pick them up during the sale is the only one that had them at a "reasonable" price for trying out different types was the banned seller, and I didn't want my spouse bugging me about how it was a college food budget for a full two weeks (instead of just one :p).  Oh well, they're on my short list for purchases either next payday, or next month....  Although it seems I may have to wait for **** to address the quality control issue as it's down to just two stores carrying the DT2 Plus at this time.

I'm pretty certain my eventually arriving array of KZ products (ZS3, ZST, ED12, and ATR) along the Tennmak Pro's will more than tide me over for the time being ^_^  Definitely something I'm looking forward to given how much I go out - ATH-M50X's get rather bulky when you're out and wanting to be sociable with friends but still have music on hand for when you head out!

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #3,033 of 33,689
I had trouble trying to stack more than two coupons at a time. How'd you do it?

I counted it wrong. I only stacked 3 coupons.
The item was $217. First coupon was Aliexpress select coupon for $6 ($6 of $59). The next coupon was $15 of $200 store coupon. The last was a $10 of $135 mysteriously showing up labeled as Aliexpress saving. With the same method, I also got a $17 4in1 to play with.

Actually, saving a few dollars here and there is just for fun. This headfi thing is quiet toxic to my wallet.

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #3,034 of 33,689
My Dt2+ is still on it's way to me. How Wil I know of it is defective or not? Who do we contact about the refund, the seller or **** and will we have to send the defective item back at our cost...

According to the statement,  you should contact the seller for a refund. **** will cover the delivering fee. How **** covers it is between them.

My DT2+ also on the way. Quite disappointing.

Nov 14, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #3,037 of 33,689
I counted it wrong. I only stacked 3 coupons.
The item was $217. First coupon was Aliexpress select coupon for $6 ($6 of $59). The next coupon was $15 of $200 store coupon. The last was a $10 of $135 mysteriously showing up labeled as Aliexpress saving. With the same method, I also got a $17 4in1 to play with.

Actually, saving a few dollars here and there is just for fun. This headfi thing is quiet toxic to my wallet.
which IEM did u get?

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #3,040 of 33,689
  Today I received my silver and cooper mix upgrade cable ,  it is a excellent quality cable and also looks very beautiful . 

While it looks great... did You measure its impedance? 
Guys, be careful with those beautiful cables because they can actually be pretty poor quality when it comes to impedance. 
For example I got Tennmak upgrade cable (translucent white) spilver plated OFC and it also looks very HQ but its impedance measures ~1.2 Ohm and it is very high!
In case of **** 4in1 though, that high impedance works great but with other IEM`s it can actually sound worse than simple good quality lower impedance cable.
Another cable I just got is this one:

I got it from HCK store (NiceHCK 4-cell Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver Cable) for 15$ with discount. Atm it costs over 30$. 
While it is best looking and seems most HQ cable I`ve got - it still measures 0.7 Ohm, which is ok but rather high for such "silver plated HQ" cable. I was hoping for around 0.4-0.5 Ohm.
So, what I`m trying to say is that everything that looks beautiful isn`t actually good as advertised but in certain cases (like **** 4in1) some high impedance cables can work like a charm.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #3,041 of 33,689

Guys, be careful with those beautiful cables because they can actually be pretty poor quality when it comes to impedance. 
For example I got Tennmak upgrade cable (translucent white) spilver plated OFC and it also looks very HQ but its impedance measures ~1.2 Ohm and it is very high!
In case of **** 4in1 though, that high impedance works great but with other IEM`s it can actually sound worse than simple good quality lower impedance cable.

I got it from HCK store (NiceHCK 4-cell Single Crystal Copper Plated Silver Cable) for 15$ with discount. Atm it costs over 30$. 
While it is best looking and seems most HQ cable I`ve got - it still measures 0.7 Ohm, which is ok but rather high for such "silver plated HQ" cable. I was hoping for around 0.4-0.5 Ohm.
So, what I`m trying to say is that everything that looks beautiful isn`t actually good as advertised but in certain cases (like **** 4in1) some high impedance cables can work like a charm.

Interesting I remember reading a post stating that the quality of the cable doesn't really matter, what changes the sound is the impedance of the cable. Is it possible higher impedance cables may warm up the sound by making it a little flatter? 

Nov 15, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #3,042 of 33,689

Just got the xiaomi hybrid pro! Thr package is slightly more premium than the previous versions of hybrid/pistons.

I am afraid I might deliever false hype as I got them less than 12 hours ago, so I will avoid leaving any impressions. Let's just say they sound really good out of the box and the sound stage is quite massive.

The hybrid pro also does not fall short when compared with the 1more triple driver. The 1more does feel slightly more premium because of the kevlar cable, but they are also four times more expensive. The sound signature is different in both, probably due to the different specs of each IEM - 1more is dual BA plus dynamic, whereas xiaomi hybird pro is dual dynamic plus a single BA.

I'm not afraid of false hype :)

Ordered these yesterday, and would definitely like to hear your opinion and a comparison between those two sound wise. If you don't want to post it, please PM me :)

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #3,043 of 33,689

Honestly I don't measures it and even i can't because i don't have that tools to measure a cable , 
I am using this cable with my that " unmentionable  " iem and according to your description i think it is a low impedance cable because it makes the sound more clean and transparent brings out more details and the space between the instruments noticeably improved so the soundstage feels more big , 
I am really satisfied with this cable quality . 

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #3,044 of 33,689

Just got the xiaomi hybrid pro! Thr package is slightly more premium than the previous versions of hybrid/pistons.

I am afraid I might deliever false hype as I got them less than 12 hours ago, so I will avoid leaving any impressions. Let's just say they sound really good out of the box and the sound stage is quite massive.

The hybrid pro also does not fall short when compared with the 1more triple driver. The 1more does feel slightly more premium because of the kevlar cable, but they are also four times more expensive. The sound signature is different in both, probably due to the different specs of each IEM - 1more is dual BA plus dynamic, whereas xiaomi hybird pro is dual dynamic plus a single BA.

Got my 1more triple drivers yesterday.

For some reason, I can't post pictures.

Sent from heaven

Give us some initial impressions please. :)

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #3,045 of 33,689
  Considering 1more manufactures xiaomi earphones, maybe they sound like the triple but slightly worse

I'm hoping this won't be the case, due to the graphene coated DD & that it's 2DD+1BA instead of the 1More's 1DD+2BA setup.

i though xiaomi pro was a DD + 2BA, its the other way around, its 2 DD + BA, mmm thats a new combination. perhaps the ba is for the treble.

Yes, that was what intrigued me the most about it. Hopefully it'll sound good.

FINALLY got my PT15's in today. Will post OOTB impressions soon.

Although I generally don't like earbuds and much prefer IEMs for fit reasons, I look forward to your thoughts on the PT15.

Awesome! I have the 1More Triple too and am hoping the Xiaomi new triple will sound different/better. Just bought mine from Gearbest yesterday. I'm really looking forward to your impressions on the Xiaomi. Soundstage & separation is good but not great with the 1More, hoping the Xiaomi will be somewhat better in that regard. So when you say the soundstage is 'massive'...needless to say I'm stoked!

Got my 1more triple drivers yesterday.

For some reason, I can't post pictures.

Sent from heaven

They're great IEM's, fun sounding and good quality. Pretty sure you'll like them. I do like mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back