Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,656 of 33,689
  I was going to buy the **** DT2+ tomorrow, but now they are not for sale anymore.
Now I don't know what to do! How do the **** UES compare? I've seen many posituve reviews and I like the over ear design.

I don't think anyone has received the DT2+ yet, I'm waiting on mine still.

UEs is a good earphone, less high end than the 4in1. 

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #2,657 of 33,689

I really don't know then.
I wanted to upgrade my ZS3, which I don't like very much. I prefered my ATE, that my father 'stole'.
And I'd like to use the discounts tomorrow..

EDIT: There are so many IEMs
frown.gif
I've been looking at the following:
- Tennmak Pro
- Tennmak Crazy Cello (although a bit more expensive, and does not have removable cables)
- **** 4in1
- **** UES
- **** DT2+ (no longer for sale at NiceHCK)
- Xiaomi Pro (no feedback at all)

Nov 10, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,658 of 33,689
Very very quick OOTB impression of the DT2+ after listening for 30min with stock tips and 30min with trinity HYBRIDS, all on my LG V20 tricked into high impedance mode.

1) No shrill highs like the 4in1
2) Almost mid forward in presentation. Both male and female vocals are in the middle or front of the mix.
3) Less subbass more mid bass than 4in1.
4) Imaging and clarity feel congested.

Hoping that things clear up and the sub bass shows up after some burn.

Right now, even with the shrill highs the 4in1 just has better quality sound. But it's also been burned in for 100+.

If you're waiting on pulling the trigger, I suggest waiting a little longer til more of us get burned in and have more thorough impressions.

It's certainly not something I feel you should run out and buy immediately.

Any updates? eagerly awaiting dt2+ vs 4in1 verdict

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #2,660 of 33,689

I believe somebody has and said it's not that good

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,661 of 33,689
I believe somebody has and said it's not that good

I think with this stuff it's worth waiting for a consensus, or just to take a gamble, we all hear stuff differently.

I thought I was treble adverse but 4in1 is my favourite earphone at the moment whilst to others it's shrill sounding.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #2,662 of 33,689
I bought the dt2+ and pt15 in the NiceHCK store, that was on 10/19/2016. First the seller passed a code post as if it had been sent, but I discovered that the code did not work. Today the seller comes to say that he did not send because he does not have the items yet ... sorry ... but someone with this problem?

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #2,663 of 33,689
I think with this stuff it's worth waiting for a consensus, or just to take a gamble, we all hear stuff differently.

I thought I was treble adverse but 4in1 is my favourite earphone at the moment whilst to others it's shrill sounding.

I know, just letting you know somebody HAS received it and their initial impressions

I bought the dt2+ and pt15 in the NiceHCK store, that was on 10/19/2016. First the seller passed a code post as if it had been sent, but I discovered that the code did not work. Today the seller comes to say that he did not send because he does not have the items yet ... sorry ... but someone with this problem?

Plenty of people. Jim has been doing this for a few months now. I'm surprised people are still buying from him.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #2,664 of 33,689
Hey guys, 

I hear a lot of you praising the 4-in-1 for its treble. I'm currently reviewing the Macaw GT100s and find that after a short adjustment period, it is one of my favorite IEMs. A short summary of the sound signature:

1. Great sub-bass extension, with medium emphasis. Mid bass is well balanced for clarity but doesn't have too much heft to it.
  2. Mids are fantastic, open, airy, and detailed. Not quite at the level of the Pisces BA, but it is at least as good as the RHA MA750i and possibly even the T20.
  3. Treble is the real killer here. It has a good amount of emphasis, but is very open and extended. There is a TON of detail in it, and treble sound-stage placement is very good.

Here's some pictures:

​
 ​
 ​
My full review will be out soon.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #2,665 of 33,689
Any updates? eagerly awaiting dt2+ vs 4in1 verdict

After about 20 hours of burn, things have not changed much. I did a little a/b with the 4in1 this evening. These 2 headphones couldn't be more different.

The DT2+ has less sparkle than the 4in1 and MUCH more warmth. On the plus side it makes the DT2+ less fatiguing to listen to. However, on the down side, this extra warmth along with the abundance of midrange might be what's lending to the perception of a narrower sound stage and a sensation the sound is congested.

I've tip rolled 4 different types of tips with no real noticeable difference.

Other quick notes:
* the nozzle is very wide in diameter. This makes it difficult to get some types of tips stretched onto them. The Trinity hybrid tips end up slipping off and staying in my ear 50% of the time.
* there's a LOT of driver flex going on when working them into your ear for a seal. The drivers release quickly and I don't hear any distortion. But, it's been a long time since I've heard this much driver flex.

I'm going to keep burning them in the hopes that they eventually open up and reveal more detail. Until then though, if you can deal with the piercing highs of the 4in1, I would go with that. The clarity, separation, and bass of the 4in1 make for a higher quality sound overall.

Nov 10, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #2,667 of 33,689
After about 20 hours of burn, things have not changed much. I did a little a/b with the 4in1 this evening. These 2 headphones couldn't be more different.

The DT2+ has less sparkle than the 4in1 and MUCH more warmth. On the plus side it makes the DT2+ less fatiguing to listen to. However, on the down side, this extra warmth along with the abundance of midrange might be what's lending to the perception of a narrower sound stage and a sensation the sound is congested.

I've tip rolled 4 different types of tips with no real noticeable difference.

Other quick notes:
* the nozzle is very wide in diameter. This makes it difficult to get some types of tips stretched onto them. The Trinity hybrid tips end up slipping off and staying in my ear 50% of the time.
* there's a LOT of driver flex going on when working them into your ear for a seal. The drivers release quickly and I don't hear any distortion. But, it's been a long time since I've heard this much driver flex.

I'm going to keep burning them in the hopes that they eventually open up and reveal more detail. Until then though, if you can deal with the piercing highs of the 4in1, I would go with that. The clarity, separation, and bass of the 4in1 make for a higher quality sound overall.

Friend, the problem then is it tips? With good tips do you think it gets good?

Nov 10, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,670 of 33,689
New model from NiceHCK, the DZ8: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-NiceHCK-DZ8-In-Ear-Earphone-8BA-Drive-Unit-DIY-HIFI-Monitoring-Earphone-Earbud-Headset-With/1825606_32765378222.html

Usually the +1 DD drivers are more expensive, but this one is pricier than the DZ9 (8ba + 1dd). I inquired about the difference. 

And I might be flamed for this, but in my opinion it's a bit annoying not being able to speak about the banned seller. Yes, they screwed up, but they makes great products that I'd love to discuss with people in this thread. I'm sure an apology should have been enough. Mess up a second time, and sure, banned for life. I'm a part of a forum about flashlights (yeah, it exists haha) and sellers screw up the rules sometimes. Multiple offenders get banned, but first timers get a second chance. Sellers are just people, and people make less than ideal mistakes sometimes. But thats my opinion, so plz dont ban me. I'll drop the subject if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back