Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 14, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,501 of 33,689
So I guess I'm still the only one with the TKH1? Like pretty much all MM they require quite a bit of burn in, these seem a bit tip picky but once you got both nailed they will reward you. Only bassheads need apply

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #1,502 of 33,689

both the bk50 and the shozy have a warmer signature--i personally prefer the bk50, which has a much bigger stage and more detail. i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Alright, added to wishlist!

thanks.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #1,503 of 33,689
  So I guess I'm still the only one with the TKH1? Like pretty much all MM they require quite a bit of burn in, these seem a bit tip picky but once you got both nailed they will reward you. Only bassheads need apply

Yes, both the Maples and TW1 are very bassy - not to my taste but if that's your thing they do it very well.

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #1,504 of 33,689
Yes, both the Maples and TW1 are very bassy - not to my taste but if that's your thing they do it very well.

The TKH1 is even more bassy, it's extends lower than the SW3 and hits with authority. It makes music exciting. You still get details and forward vocals.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:16 AM Post #1,505 of 33,689
The TKH1 is even more bassy, it's extends lower than the SW3 and hits with authority. It makes music exciting. You still get details and forward vocals.

Seems a lot for a dynamic (AK Audio price) and for me I find the sub bass on the 4in1 sufficient. If the other MM stuff sell through I'll look at these to fill the gap.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #1,506 of 33,689
Seems a lot for a dynamic (AK Audio price) and for me I find the sub bass on the 4in1 sufficient. If the other MM stuff sell through I'll look at these to fill the gap.

Sennheiser IE800 is a single dynamic and is $800. With budget Chinese phones sporting BAs I understand, I'm surprised the TFZ S5 is able to sell.

TKH1 is if you want big rounded bass, it's more sub than mid focused so I don't personally don't find it bloated. I find it giving a nice groove to music.

Oct 14, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #1,507 of 33,689
Sennheiser IE800 is a single dynamic and is $800. With budget Chinese phones sporting BAs I understand, I'm surprised the TFZ S5 is able to sell.

TKH1 is if you want big rounded bass, it's more sub than mid focused so I don't personally don't find it bloated. I find it giving a nice groove to music.

Very true with the IE800, I keep seeing them on CEX and I'm tempted to buy a pair and return it just to see how good they are. I'm not sure the MM stuff is tuned to my preference and from a sales perspective you're dealing with a very small audience.

I think the TFZ would sell and I am tempted to bring some into the UK to see if they're popular.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #1,512 of 33,689

Very true with the IE800, I keep seeing them on CEX and I'm tempted to buy a pair and return it just to see how good they are. I'm not sure the MM stuff is tuned to my preference and from a sales perspective you're dealing with a very small audience.

I think the TFZ would sell and I am tempted to bring some into the UK to see if they're popular.

While I love the Senn IE800, I feel for a bit less you can get close enough in quality in the Chinese/Asian market to not necessarily justify it if there's any question about the cost.  I won't say my Rose Pudding is as good as an IE800, but honestly it gets me close enough that I keep the Senn in storage.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #1,513 of 33,689

While I love the Senn IE800, I feel for a bit less you can get close enough in quality in the Chinese/Asian market to not necessarily justify it if there's any question about the cost.  I won't say my Rose Pudding is as good as an IE800, but honestly it gets me close enough that I keep the Senn in storage.

I wouldn't buy a pair to keep as it's rare I get to sit down to really listen critically these days what with dogs and trips to the post office. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #1,514 of 33,689
It struck me that having a lot of Chinese/Asian IEM's gives you a lot of interchanging opportunities. The Sendiy M2 (not the banned seller's ones) + copper filters of KZ ED9 + big biflangle tips from the Hifiman RE400 and I've got a wonderful combination. Experimenting like this can be a lot of fun. 

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for my **** 4in1's. They sure take their time.

Oct 14, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #1,515 of 33,689
@Vidal I'm aware as you said you'd pick it up and return it just to see what they sound like, but I was just commenting as I have experience with both the IE800 & the Asian market on whether or not I'm convinced they're worth it.  Of course sound sig preferences play heavily into this.  All in all, I think people here will be happy if they keep trying out various IEMs in the Asian market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back