Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 12, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #1,457 of 33,689
  This store is banned here, pls delete or edit your post
rolleyes.gif

Now you need to delete it from the quote, if it is banned here.

Oct 12, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #1,458 of 33,689
  hlsx bk50 or bk35

Hi, i currently own Shozy Zero & Somic v4 paired with Cayin N5, Both are very good IMHO. Is BK50 or BK35 or which one is better than my Zero? I read so many good reviews about those two. I'm little sensitive of high freq too.

I saw Remax RM-800MD too, duh so many gems....

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #1,459 of 33,689
In the last 2 weeks I picked up two sub $100 IEM units.  The **** 4in1 and the Trinity Vyrus.  My plan was to create a personal  shoot out of modestly priced IEM units; with the two other contenders being the now discontinued LZ A2 and the now overly popular Carbo Tenores.  

A few thoughts.  The only tips that I could find that provided a decent sound balance for the **** 4in1 was the JVC Spiral Dots ML.  With those the treble balance was not overly cooked.  Otherwise I found those units almost unusable.  With the Spirral Dots the sound is surprising good at the price point.  The bass is pretty interesting and probably the highlight of the unit.  Good definition and definitely there.  The treble remains a bit than I would ideally want but is somewhat workable.

It is hard to give a single impression of the Trinity Hybrids as they are tunable.  They are good for the price ($65 US with the headfi discount); and are comfortable.  And efficient.  My preferred tuning at this second is the gold with the rolled off treble.

Of the 4 units my favorite is, of course, the only one you can't buy at the moment.  I still think the LZ A2 is a well balanced unit.   They are not overly comfortable.  I also use the JVC Spiral Dots with the LZ A2.

I should note that I like listening to music before falling asleep.  The carbo tenores are the king for this use as they do not need to be inserted particularly far into the ear to provide a balanced sound.  The Trinity Vyrus are not bad for sleeping either.

If I were to do it again I would probably try the next level up in Trinity (Atlas Delta which is due out soon) instead of purchasing the Vyrus and the **** 4in1.  In fact since I am still just within the 30 day exchange period I will contact Trinity to see if that can be done.  But even if an exchange can not be made I think these are a good unit.

I think the Vyrus is a good compromise piece if you want to keep the budget down.  Given the recent price increase in the Carbo Tenores I think I would point somebody that direction.  Surprisingly, even though the Spiral Dots fit the Vyrus I actually like the similar sized tips that came with Vyrus.  The ones with the yellow inside.   

But I am not even 10 hours into either of the new units so the opinion may change over time.

​I did most of the listening with the Shanling M2 and a bit with the FIIO X3II.  I have not tried many of these with the Iphone 6plus.  I did run the Trinity Vyrus units with an ipad and my Surface for movies on a plane flight and they were comfortable and dialog was easy to hear.  Bass was fully present also.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #1,460 of 33,689
If I had to pick between the 4in1 or A2S:

4in1 for SQ, after tip rolling and EQ (Though I feel EQ isn't necessary)
A2S for DD use

4in1 over A2S overall though.

I am treble sensitive, though, but I find the A2S treble a bit too rolled off. Any ideas for something slightly more aggressive than the A2S for treble, but not as harsh as the 4in1? Would look to have bass stronger than the A2S and mids representative of something flat or slightly forward.

MusicMaker KK-Ting

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,461 of 33,689
In the last 2 weeks I picked up two sub $100 IEM units.  The **** 4in1 and the Trinity Vyrus.  My plan was to create a personal  shoot out of modestly priced IEM units; with the two other contenders being the now discontinued LZ A2 and the now overly popular Carbo Tenores.  

A few thoughts.  The only tips that I could find that provided a decent sound balance for the **** 4in1 was the JVC Spiral Dots ML.  With those the treble balance was not overly cooked.  Otherwise I found those units almost unusable.  With the Spirral Dots the sound is surprising good at the price point.  The bass is pretty interesting and probably the highlight of the unit.  Good definition and definitely there.  The treble remains a bit than I would ideally want but is somewhat workable.

It is hard to give a single impression of the Trinity Hybrids as they are tunable.  They are good for the price ($65 US with the headfi discount); and are comfortable.  And efficient.  My preferred tuning at this second is the gold with the rolled off treble.

Of the 4 units my favorite is, of course, the only one you can't buy at the moment.  I still think the LZ A2 is a well balanced unit.   They are not overly comfortable.  I also use the JVC Spiral Dots with the LZ A2.

I should note that I like listening to music before falling asleep.  The carbo tenores are the king for this use as they do not need to be inserted particularly far into the ear to provide a balanced sound.  The Trinity Vyrus are not bad for sleeping either.

If I were to do it again I would probably try the next level up in Trinity (Atlas Delta which is due out soon) instead of purchasing the Vyrus and the **** 4in1.  In fact since I am still just within the 30 day exchange period I will contact Trinity to see if that can be done.  But even if an exchange can not be made I think these are a good unit.

I think the Vyrus is a good compromise piece if you want to keep the budget down.  Given the recent price increase in the Carbo Tenores I think I would point somebody that direction.  Surprisingly, even though the Spiral Dots fit the Vyrus I actually like the similar sized tips that came with Vyrus.  The ones with the yellow inside.   

But I am not even 10 hours into either of the new units so the opinion may change over time.

​I did most of the listening with the Shanling M2 and a bit with the FIIO X3II.  I have not tried many of these with the Iphone 6plus.  I did run the Trinity Vyrus units with an ipad and my Surface for movies on a plane flight and they were comfortable and dialog was easy to hear.  Bass was fully present also.
The **** is a bit....more or less? You didn't finish your thought. If it's a bit more, then those are my thoughts exactly. I still crave more detail from them, but I recognize they're not exactly monitoring IEMs.

I'm also doing a personal shootout with some budget IEMs, the Havi B3 Pro 1 and possibly the Tennmak Pro will be coming soon.

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #1,462 of 33,689

**** 4in1: Spiral Dot, size ML (though I think the L would fit me better)
The Spiral Dots help bring the V-shaped nature down to something closer to Flat, but the mids are still recessed ever so slightly. It still tamed the treble, but made the bass a bit weaker than I like. Nevertheless, it's my preferred tip compared to the stock narrowbore or stock widebore.

I use deep insertion on all my IEMs.

**** 4in1: These housings aren't designed well for deep insertion. They cause pain after a relatively short amount of time. I do enjoy listening with them on a short period basis. Now I just need to see if the Spiral Dot L fits better than the Spiral Dot ML.

I use Spiral Dot S size and it goes very nicely deep into ear-canal and I personally don`t feel and pain or discomfort from the housings. Maybe it`s just my ear shape that fits well but I recommend to try S-size Spiral Dots with over-ear wearing and deep insertion. 

Oct 13, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,463 of 33,689
I use Spiral Dot S size and it goes very nicely deep into ear-canal and I personally don`t feel and pain or discomfort from the housings. Maybe it`s just my ear shape that fits well but I recommend to try S-size Spiral Dots with over-ear wearing and deep insertion. 
Probably just difference in ear shape, it's the housings near the nozzle ring that cause me problems.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #1,464 of 33,689
Okay, I've been using **** 4in1 since past 2 weeks.

Regarding tips, Piston 3's medium size eartip works the best with 4in1 for me.. good fit and also better sound quality.

Stock tips are meh, extra black tips provided with the package and even memory foam eartips do manage to lower down the treble but compromise vocals and bass quality
or rather they sound unnatural

but with piston 3 ear tips, they have wider soundstage, quality bass(INSANE sub bass, slightly deeper mid bass), natural vocals(sibilance is there) but treble is also more present.

So as a final step I had to EQ down the treble and sibilance and now they are perfect for me. sound quality is on a whole another level.

Hope it helps someone.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #1,466 of 33,689
  sorry to barge into this thread, but has anyone tried the tennmak piano and the **** 4in1? how do they compare and which one would you recommend?

Yes, if you can stand a bright sound then 4in1 every day. I was disappointed with the Piano and I much preferred the Banjo.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,468 of 33,689
I can't remember the specifics, it was at least a few months back and there have been so many IEMs under the bridge since then.

Normally if I like a pair I keep hold of it even if I'm not selling them - Banjos would fall into this category. I didn't keep a pair of Pianos.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,469 of 33,689
Spotted these on Gearbest

http://www.gearbest.com/earbud-headphones/pp_448927.html

They're similar to the XE800 - same twisty nozzle but no U clip. The cable is different and there's other colours than white. Ordered a pair with little expectation, probably something to watch out for if they turn out to be poor compared to the Vivo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back