Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 8, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,276 of 33,689
Yep.  I could always use my Encore mDSD for this purpose if I wanted, or have the excuse to buy a Fiio Q1 which has their short cable I'd love to buy.  I'm just curious what a truly low end dac/amp can offer, the K1 being another alternative.  I'm sure there are other choices as well, but the K1 and Ivy are the two main ones at this price range that come to mind.  Then again, I believe Shanling's new M1 can be a dac/amp for phone as well, so that'd be an interesting dap to pick up.  But yes, the whole bit is just curiosity.

What about a zoorlo zuperdac, the refurbs are cheap 49$ I think? I'm listening to one right now. LG G3-Zoorlo-Cayin C5-**** 4in1 Sounds pretty darn good! I like the added warmth the Cayin brings

Oct 8, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,277 of 33,689
  Has the 4in1 been surpassed? Haven't been here for a while.

At the price of $29, I doubt it. If you go up to the price of $36, then IMO, the YHS 002 surpass it by having an IMO perfect sound signature, well extended in subbass and treble without a V-shape dip or treble spike. However, I'm about the only one to try the YHS 002. sound quality itself is very similar to the 4in1.

EDIT: @hakuzen, might also agree, but I think we are the only 2 to ever comment on the YHS 002.

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #1,278 of 33,689
Oh man. I bought the a pair of the 4in1 since it's the "flavour of the month" to replace my pair of broken Meelec M6, pretty good considerign I paid $45 CAD for that (Got a cable with it too). I think I like its fit 

Oct 9, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #1,280 of 33,689
  At the price of $29, I doubt it. If you go up to the price of $36, then IMO, the YHS 002 surpass it by having an IMO perfect sound signature, well extended in subbass and treble without a V-shape dip or treble spike. However, I'm about the only one to try the YHS 002. sound quality itself is very similar to the 4in1.

EDIT: @hakuzen, might also agree, but I think we are the only 2 to ever comment on the YHS 002.

which color did u go for? Blue looks nice. Can you compare with other iem... that u own

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,281 of 33,689
  which color did u go for? Blue looks nice. Can you compare with other iem... that u own

I went for gold. In sound signature, the YHS 002 is similar to the Sony XB90. Which if you don't own, is more neutral in its tuning than you would expect. Both have a bit of extra bass kick, but not far from flat. I'm comparing the two right now and the XB90 has a relative dip in the lower mids that makes the YHS 002 much more representative of how the music was intended. The 002 also has the extra clarity in mids and treble from the BA that the XB90 still lacks even when amped. The 002 just has the micro-details you expect in a good hybrid, similar to the 4in1 and HSLX 808, but just gets the tuning a little better...unless someone prefers the minimal bass tuning of something like the Vivo XE800. It still falls short of the banned IEM, which is the only IEM I own better than the 002.

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #1,282 of 33,689
How is the bass quantity, suitable for bassheads? Also are the vocals as thin and sharp as 4in1 or thicker softer and less fatiguing.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #1,283 of 33,689
  I went for gold. In sound signature, the YHS 002 is similar to the Sony XB90. Which if you don't own, is more neutral in its tuning than you would expect. Both have a bit of extra bass kick, but not far from flat. I'm comparing the two right now and the XB90 has a relative dip in the lower mids that makes the YHS 002 much more representative of how the music was intended. The 002 also has the extra clarity in mids and treble from the BA that the XB90 still lacks even when amped. The 002 just has the micro-details you expect in a good hybrid, similar to the 4in1 and HSLX 808, but just gets the tuning a little better...unless someone prefers the minimal bass tuning of something like the Vivo XE800. It still falls short of the banned IEM, which is the only IEM I own better than the 002.

Interesting... I might give in.

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #1,284 of 33,689
Any recommendations for a portable dac/amp combo for 50$ or less?

I prefer something that's not treble harsh and a bit thumpy on bass, but anything is good as long as it's portable, otg compatible and cheap :)

Oct 9, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,285 of 33,689

I prefer something that's not treble harsh and a bit thumpy on bass, but anything is good as long as it's portable, otg compatible and cheap :)

Fiio K1 - less a DAC/amp more a DAC/slight amp

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,286 of 33,689

Benjie S5 + xduoo xq10
EDIT sorry misread post

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,287 of 33,689

Hmmm... interesting. Is You HLSX808 modded and if it is, then can You please compare 808(m) vs. YHS002 ?

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,288 of 33,689

Fiio K1 - less a DAC/amp more a DAC/slight amp

Thanks for that, I've read some reviews and recommendations and I think I'd go with q1 instead though it's more expensive. 

Is there any other dac/amp in the price range of Q1?

Benjie S5 + xduoo xq10
EDIT sorry misread post

Thanks for this, though I avoid having a dap because I want to use my smartphone only and the xq10 is an amp so I think I'd pass on that too. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #1,289 of 33,689
Thanks for that, I've read some reviews and recommendations and I think I'd go with q1 instead though it's more expensive. 

Is there any other dac/amp in the price range of Q1?

Thanks for this, though I avoid having a dap because I want to use my smartphone only and the xq10 is an amp so I think I'd pass on that too. 

If you are willing to stretch even further the SHOZY Lancea is only $99 at Penon Audio right now and its sound signature matches very well with what you're looking for.

It's also very small/highly portable.

Oct 9, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #1,290 of 33,689
To add to Peter's suggestion there's also the Cozoy Astrapi at $50 and Aegis at $110 which will plug direct to smartphone.

My recollection of the Astrapi was that it was quite bright though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back