Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33,689
Brand new thread - a continuation of the old one (which was locked because it started getting out of hand).

Original thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs

Rules

1. Please acquaint yourselves with the Head-Fi posting guidelines - http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines
  2. To subscribe to the thread, please use the link below the thread title (PC) or in the top-right menu (mobile). Do NOT make a post to subscribe. That is just spam.
  3. The majority of the discussion in this thread is likely to center around budget to mid-range IEMs, so please don't come here suggesting to people that they should be buying TOTL instead. The posters here are here for a reason (looking for the best value for money to come out of China/Asia)
  4. Be respectful of everyone's right to have an opinion, and realise it may differ with your own
  5. Be careful with claims of fact - realise many of them are actually subjective opinion
  6. Try not to hype things up too much - be realistic
  7. If you find you are getting too intense in your discussions (if things are getting heated) - step away from the keyboard for a while, do something else (listen to some music!), and come back with new perspective at a later time.
  8. If there are issues, don't add to them by getting into big debates - report the offending post, and don't reply and escalate (please)
  9. Easy Earphone is now banned and blacklisted from Head-Fi. Links to, and discussion of them, as well as "DQSM" products are no longer allowed. That includes Amazon links.
    For more info read Currawong's post in the old thread
  10. The old thread was a target for shill-posting. Offering a manufacturer positive reviews in exchange for free goods is not only a permanent ban offence for members, but will result in blacklisting of the manufacturer (all reviews deleted and discussion banned) WHEN both are caught.
  11. Discussions about products claiming to be "clones" or "DIY" versions of IEMs are not permitted and will be removed from the thread.
Above all enjoy sharing your finds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #8 of 33,689
So happy we didn't lose the thread all together - it's one of the main reasons I'm even on this site. I really hope we can keep it that way..

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #10 of 33,689
  The Chinese/Asian brand thread is definitely my favorite. 

About the only one I read. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:50 AM Post #13 of 33,689
Hooray for a new thread! Thanks to the mods for keeping this thread alive, I've learned a lot from it. Let's be nice people and share information.

As my first foray into 'Chinese brands' aside from Fiio, next month I'll be buying & testing:

a) VE Monk Plus
b) **** 4in1
c) KZ IEM - not sure which one yet...any suggestions?

I'll most probably be buying these from Aliexpress.

Did I miss anything? :)

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #15 of 33,689
Ok so here we are in the thread reactivation! :smiley: one general remark to some of you boys: "music has charms to soothe the savage breast" so go and listen more! :smiley:

waiting for kz zst and, in the meantime, for more 1clearhead's impressions :smiley:

fonkepala monks are a must-have, 4in1 seem to be great so yeah why not, as for KZ, wait for reviews of kz zst and then choose your model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back