Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 13, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #12,226 of 33,689
I think nearly everyone would be happy with the Svara Red it is a well made, awesome looking iem, easy to fit and sounds most excellent. listening to House and Dance music it is a little powerhouse. I am glad I bought it and I got it after the Pioneer CH9T and prefer it most times I go out

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #12,227 of 33,689
Okay! What's the scoop on...

UiiSii DT100
81765_204243.jpg

(8mm dynamic plus armature hybrid)

and HI-710
TB1wM1KRFXXXXa3apXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_210x210.jpg

(water resist sport model with 6mm PU/PEEK microdriver)

Anybody try yet??

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #12,228 of 33,689
I'm listening to this with the Tinaudio T2's and upped the volume for a couple of seconds way more than I'm comfortable with and no distortion or sound break up......lovely

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #12,229 of 33,689
Folks, any recommendations for IEMs with a USB type C connector and a mic? I'm trying to get one to use with my Pixel, so it would need to support digital audio type C ports(have a DAC in the cable/earphones). Ideally something that works for Pop and Hip-hop but beggars cannot be choosers. The source will be a Google Pixel.

I'm looking for something <$50. I see some LeEco CDLA earphones on AliExpress that do what I'm looking for but they appear to be Apple earpod style and not really IEMs. Ideally something like a Memt X5 with a type C digital audio connector.

Worst case scenario, I can use an adapter to get from 3.5mm to Type C but I'd rather have a native Type C connector. TIA!

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #12,230 of 33,689
Folks, any recommendations for IEMs with a USB type C connector and a mic? I'm trying to get one to use with my Pixel, so it would need to support digital audio type C ports(have a DAC in the cable/earphones). Ideally something that works for Pop and Hip-hop but beggars cannot be choosers. The source will be a Google Pixel.

I'm looking for something <$50. I see some LeEco CDLA earphones on AliExpress that do what I'm looking for but they appear to be Apple earpod style and not really IEMs. Ideally something like a Memt X5 with a type C digital audio connector.

Worst case scenario, I can use an adapter to get from 3.5mm to Type C but I'd rather have a native Type C connector. TIA!

The Zorloo Aero is my best suggestions, it's $89 though..... Well worth it imo but still out of your budget :frowning2: Maybe wait and save a little longer.

https://www.zorloo.com/product-page/aero-digital-earphone-usb-c

Oct 13, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #12,231 of 33,689
The above link is my review

Wasn't that impressed with the DN1 so unless there's something different about the DN2 probably not, I hadn't heard of it before now.

Or are we talking about the DM5?

Sick of getting boomy 'bass'ed earphones at the moment. GGMM Cuckoo fit that description as well.

Sorry, I meant the DM5.

Oct 14, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #12,235 of 33,689
Oct 14, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #12,236 of 33,689
Add me to the list of people that think the LZ A4 is a crazy good deal. When I first came to Head Fi someone (sorry I dont' remember who) told me to just skip to the end and buy some A4s... I didn't, but it stick with me... so, 8 chi-fi sets later and I ordered some A4s. I probably should've just listened to that advice.

Anyway, thanks again guys. Whew... I'm done for a good long while I think.

we'll see. lol.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #12,237 of 33,689
Add me to the list of people that think the LZ A4 is a crazy good deal. When I first came to Head Fi someone (sorry I dont' remember who) told me to just skip to the end and buy some A4s... I didn't, but it stick with me... so, 8 chi-fi sets later and I ordered some A4s. I probably should've just listened to that advice.

we'll see. lol.
We’ll see

A lot of Mount Everest

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #12,238 of 33,689

we'll see. lol.
No doubt the A4 is one of the best in price to performance ratio ,

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #12,239 of 33,689
As announced in the Knowledge Zenith thread, my full review of the ZS6 (that can, as always, be translated to pretty much any language using the translator widget below the navigation bar, well, except for maybe Klingon, however Klingon is no real existing language anyway, so...) went live earlier today: http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2017/10/knowledge-zenith-kz-zs6-review-german-deutsch.html

Be warned, it is rather edgy.

Tellin you dude, all those issues with the treble are solved with foams.

Oct 14, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #12,240 of 33,689
Tellin you dude, all those issues with the treble are solved with foams.

I know, I know. 50 to 100 Ohms of output impedance kill the spike, too (btw, "edgy" was me mainly referring to the review). There are two (actually three) reasons why I don't use foam tips - firstly 'cause I don't like them with IEMs, secondly because I am a 100% stock person when it comes to IEMs and headphones (and cars), and thirdly due to that the ZS6 doesn't even come with foam tips (which is kind of the same as my second reason in this case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back