Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 19, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #5,086 of 33,689
i don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, but i gotta say that s#$% is not unfunny...
most of these ali sellers are fine until there's a problem, then their real character pokes through. candidly, i've found the banned seller (he of such alleged ill repute) to be quite generous and pleasant when little problems have emerged, while some of his unbesmirched peers get really pissy.

I agree with you. If nothing was wrong it'll have been a good experience. That's what separates the good from the bad, though. The ability to count on them when **** doesn't go according to plan. No one wants to receive a faulty one but when it occurs good sellers don't try to cheat folks. I've had good experiences with some sellers but I never try for full refunds. Usually partial refund to fix problems. Like in this case, I just requested for 5 usd for new connectors. The fact that Hotfi tried to cheat over 5usd shows they aren't worth your time. So if you order from them, start praying that manufacturers faults don't happen.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #5,087 of 33,689
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/31800#post_12747347
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/32040#post_12757103

Somewhere in the old thread there are screenshots of them barraging me with f-bombs but I couldn't find them. there is a screenshot of them doing it to someone else

That is all...

Sorry to hear that man.. I didn't get the F bombs but it must have been frustrating on top of the issues you are dealing with. Wish I had done research on these guys before going through with it.

I've had good communication, and service, from HotFi.

One of the two $150+ earphones I've ordered, came from the HotFi (AliExpress) shop.
I bought the HotFi HM1 (2016) Earphone (32Ω, Plastic housing, 2x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$166.50]) back in October.
The other one was purchased from the Penon (AliExpress) shop - LZ A4 Earphone (16Ω, Metal housing, 1x Dynamic & 2x Balanced Armature, MMCX cable [$150.00]) in December.

These two earphones (LZ A4 set-up with Red Back & Blue Nozzle) sound extremely similar to me (using iFi Micro iDSD, Onkyo DP-X1, & Shanling M1).  I guess I need to set aside some time to concentrate on comparing them with music I'm most familiar with.

Take Care,
David Baldock

I hope you don't ever receive a faulty product from them. As mentioned above. If the product works it's perfect. The thing is the fault didn't lie with them. The manufacturer had a faulty cable, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have after sales service.

I'll encourage anyone to stick to your guns on disputes with hotfi and do not lift the dispute until you receive whatever it is that's causing issues. There is enough history to know you should not trust them to deliver on after sales matters.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #5,088 of 33,689
I just ordered a large number of Kineras, when I realised it was HotFi who I'd ordered from I cancelled the order.

Just been asked why I cancelled, I explained about the abuse some Headfi members have been getting. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #5,089 of 33,689
  About the MEMT X5

Pros

Solid and accurate bass and definition. ► Check

Clean accurate MIDS....and I mean, "clear!" ► Check

Solid highs, plenty of definition and micro-details. ► Check

No microphonics. None that I can detect. ► Check

Solid "silicone-like" wires. Very strong! ► Check

Solid housing "pure metallic", but lite! ► Check

Double flange silicone tips (medium) ► Check

1/8 L jack plug ► Check

Cons

None that I can detect at such a low price.
tongue_smile.gif

They are way beyond my expectations on dynamic sounding earphones. They sound up to 90 percent closest to my SENDIY M1221! And can play most genre's with ease!

Pictures don't justify there looks......I will download some picks later this week.
cool.gif

Here are some pics from taobao, for now....

These are just simplicity at its best!
Very comfortable!

You really got me ordering another headphone after being completely satisfied with my FXT90. Hope they will be as good as them 
ksc75smile.gif
 (First time ordering on MisterTao btw. Thanks to Holypal for the instructions)

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #5,090 of 33,689
  You really got me ordering another headphone after being completely satisfied with my FXT90. Hope they will be as good as them 
ksc75smile.gif

Taobao agents add some cost to these cheap items. I usually wait for aliexpress or penonaudio. I wouldn't use agents unless I really want something and it's only on taobao. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #5,091 of 33,689
Hi all,
I need recommendation on Chinese overhead headphone (because its a waste when my friend from China visited me and I did not ask him to bring something he he he)
with spec:
> overear headphone
> with inline mic for mobile
> closed would be better
> balanced sound, crisp, i dont like too loud bass
> nice design would be great
> around $50 to $100 ($40 to $75 is better)
Can someone please please please help me with that
Oh yeah, my head is kinda big :), so need something that comfy for bigger head

So far from ali & ama (but will ask my friend to buy from tao) i found these good design that i like but I dont know about the quality though
> intone cx-05, looks like on ear though
> in5 riwbox

THANXXX

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #5,092 of 33,689
  Hi all,
I need recommendation on Chinese overhead headphone (because its a waste when my friend from China visited me and I did not ask him to bring something he he he)
with spec:
> overear headphone
> with inline mic for mobile
> closed would be better
> balanced sound, crisp, i dont like too loud bass
> nice design would be great
> around $50 to $100 ($40 to $75 is better)
Can someone please please please help me with that

So far from aliexpress & amazon (but will ask my friend to buy from taobao) i found these good design that i like but I dont know about the quality though
> intone cx-05
> in5 riwbox

THANXXX

You will probably get a better response in the full-sized headphone thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones/495#post_13187660

Jan 19, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #5,093 of 33,689
ksc75smile.gif

The MEMT X5 is a 6mm dynamic bully, already took over my Joyroom JR-E107.
ksc75smile.gif

Taobao agents add some cost to these cheap items. I usually wait for aliexpress or penonaudio. I wouldn't use agents unless I really want something and it's only on taobao. 

My friend will contact the MEMT company tomorrow and try to convince them to sell there earphones on aliexpress.com. This company is fairly new, let's see if they take the next step.
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #5,094 of 33,689
cool.gif
Sure hope you are right about these MEMT X5 Clear. Just ordered them Via Mr. Tao. Shipping is more than the earphone itself.
rolleyes.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #5,095 of 33,689
I agree with you. If nothing was wrong it'll have been a good experience. That's what separates the good from the bad, though. The ability to count on them when **** doesn't go according to plan. No one wants to receive a faulty one but when it occurs good sellers don't try to cheat folks. I've had good experiences with some sellers but I never try for full refunds. Usually partial refund to fix problems. Like in this case, I just requested for 5 usd for new connectors. The fact that Hotfi tried to cheat over 5usd shows they aren't worth your time. So if you order from them, start praying that manufacturers faults don't happen.

I completely agree with this and Loomis. I simply do not return anything, if the cost is too great, +$30 usd, I don't buy on AE because of the hassle in returning not just this vendor but many others. I just had a negative shipping experience with a very large AE vendor, same nonsense, Tracking number issued day after sale, 12/9/16 no updates, sent 2 messages was answered fairly rudely could be language barrier, items arrived 6 weeks later. Good thing it was only tips and cases and these were just extras or give away's. It's a shame because AE is a big organization and they need to tighten up their service side from their sellers or ban them.  

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #5,096 of 33,689
  I completely agree with this and Loomis. I simply do not return anything, if the cost is too great, +$30 usd, I don't buy on AE because of the hassle in returning not just this vendor but many others. I just had a negative shipping experience with a very large AE vendor, same nonsense, Tracking number issued day after sale, 12/9/16 no updates, sent 2 messages was answered fairly rudely could be language barrier, items arrived 6 weeks later. Good thing it was only tips and cases and these were just extras or give away's. It's a shame because AE is a big organization and they need to tighten up their service side from their sellers or ban them.  

i generally don't like the "trial by internet" thing, since it tends to be a one-sided rant in which the other side isn't present to respond. however, there has been some consistent complaints about the hotfi vendor, which would discourage me from patronizing him.
otoh, long shipping times and incomprehensible messages are part of the whole ali experience--you pay less and in return face the long agonizing wait by your mailbox. i've learned not to get unduly impatient, since it's not like these iems are vital organs and they do show up eventually.

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #5,097 of 33,689
  i generally don't like the "trial by internet" thing, since it tends to be a one-sided rant in which the other side isn't present to respond. however, there has been some consistent complaints about the hotfi vendor, which would discourage me from patronizing him.
otoh, long shipping times and incomprehensible messages are part of the whole ali experience--you pay less and in return face the long agonizing wait by your mailbox. i've learned not to get unduly impatient, since it's not like these iems are vital organs and they do show up eventually.

Amen Loomis
wink_face.gif
I like to call it "AliExHell" as in buy (purposeful Pun)  all means exhale
rolleyes.gif

At least the one from the 14th shows "In-Transit",

I still try to figure this one out! In house shipping in China is like finding Waldo
eek.gif
LOL

Jan 19, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #5,098 of 33,689
Woohoo finally my XE800 arrived. Now I know what people mean when they say bright. They are very detailed and crisp, they could use a bit more bass and they are a perfect IEM. IMO they are a tad to bright and thus a bit fatiguing. Coming from the Senzer H1, they are on par in detail. Compared to the ATR, both the Senzer and the XE800 are above the ATR. Even more in terms of detail, ATR sounds muffled after hearing those two.

Had not that wow-feeling I had with my senzer H1, but the Vivo XE800 isn't that bad. It has a good detailed sound and it makes you hear things in tracks you didn't hear before.

Now waiting on the ZST :)

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #5,099 of 33,689

Was not trying to convict or persecute anyone just validating and agreeing with your assessment that the real proof is when things go south and cited a recent example where I waited almost 6 weeks for an EMS package but got 3 China Post packages all ordered same day same time in 3.5 weeks. That to me is someone missed the shipment rather than a generic you'll get your package my friend response as the tracking number did not work. Honestly I only order small dollar items form AE, as I have more stuff then I'll ever use and am trying to curtail my buying.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back