Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 15, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #4,981 of 33,689
  **** 6in1? 
basshead.gif

You could argue that the DT2+ was the 6in1. It has 6 drivers in 1 pair in the same way the 4in1 has 4 drivers in 1 pair.

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #4,982 of 33,689
:cool: Getting back to the ZST..... I know I'm going to get flac, trust me I'm trying to be positive, but as advised I have put them back on the Burner. If you will remember this pair are some of the very first sold which had issues. I'm approaching 150 hours on them and truthfully as of yet I am still very much underwhelmed with their performance. I intend to take them to 300 hours just to be fair, but so far my initial impressions are still firm. THIS pair are not very good at all.

I'm hoping they open up as some say they will.

JMHO

:cool: :cool: TWIN

I hear ya Twin, I have one of the first batch and was having the very same issues as you but then after some burn in and some time one day they did just"open up" and I felt like the BA had just kicked in for the first time...since then it has been back and forth. Sometimes they sound Great, sometimes not so great whereas my color version that I received about two weeks ago sound Great All the time!! Lends credence to some possible QC issues with the first batch...waiting for the ZSR to hit the stage but will await some opinions and reviews before jumping into that pool.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #4,984 of 33,689
After 3 hours burn-in the Cellos make me want to listen to my whole music collection all over again. They are like the non bright, more refined version of the puro Ie500, which is a near perfect sound for me. The soundstage is not quite as large as the tk12 but about the same as the puros, which is still great. The instrument positioning is more distinguishable on the cellos than on the tk12 which is pleasant, i think that's due to the cellos more controlled Bass. :) I'm happy with this purchase, i hope the build quality lasts on them though.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #4,985 of 33,689
**** 6in1? :basshead:
It was mentioned few posts back. I feel tempted for it but hold my horses due to previous issues with DT2+. The approximately 30$ seems like preorder price as it's stated there it'll be sent out 12 days after the payment and it is only available on Taobao as of now. For this time round the advertising all seems too good to be true with graphene diaphragm driver + 2 Knowles BA (30042 & 26856) and there's a dedicated crossover network instead of just physical crossover which most hybrid uses at this price range. Given the low price for a triple driver, how can people not be tempted right ?
http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=544311842590&toSite=main

Jan 16, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #4,986 of 33,689

cool.gif
I would agree on this as well. My OOTB impressions of the K3 are the same. They are certainly Next-level. My first thought was that the A4 are somewhat more refined sounding, but then again they have +200 hours on them. I will A/B these two again later. What I REALLY love about the Magaosi line up is their Mids, ESPECIALLY female vocals. They are simply superb. Mine are off to the burner now, but certainly the K3 are a viable (and slightly less expensive) alternative to the A4.

I think with burn in they should be outstanding, (as were their predecessors the K1 which unfortunately had QC issues). Also the Magaosi M3 is a great, albeit Darker listen.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

What are the impressions now, after some time, comparing the K3 and the LZ A4?  Thoughts on comparison between these and the FLC8s?

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #4,987 of 33,689
Loving my Senzer H1's after a bit of burn in and the large Auvio Tips to tame the highs a bit.. Best buy of the New Year so far! Oh dang forgot I have the A4, That is the BEST IEM the Senzer is number 2, value wise it is number one!

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #4,988 of 33,689
It was mentioned few posts back. I feel tempted for it but hold my horses due to previous issues with DT2+. The approximately 30$ seems like preorder price as it's stated there it'll be sent out 12 days after the payment and it is only available on Taobao as of now. For this time round the advertising all seems too good to be true with graphene diaphragm driver + 2 Knowles BA (30042 & 26856) and there's a dedicated crossover network instead of just physical crossover which most hybrid uses at this price range. Given the low price for a triple driver, how can people not be tempted right ?
http://h5.m.taobao.com/awp/core/detail.htm?id=544311842590&toSite=main

Yes, I posted it a few days ago. It looks very good. I didn't see any aliexpress store has it yet. I guess now they're not happy with so called "pre-order" thing. 

I'll probably buy one when it's available on ali.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #4,989 of 33,689
So, I've been reading a lot on these, but I wanted to add a recent find.  I was searching around for Hybrid headphones with detachable cables.  I came across one that I hadn't heard before, the Kinera BA-05.  Looked similar to other heaphones; possibly rebranded?  Anyways, it was so cheap, and there was ONE positive review on Amazon, so I though, 'what the heck,' and I clicked buy.  Boy did these ever SURPASS my expectations!  It has made me a believer in Chinese budget IEM's.  I've had these for a couple weeks now and I continue to be no less impressed.  I have:
FLC8s
Cardas A8
Earwerkz Legend Omega
FX850
and have owned a whole host of others.

I found these to be most similar to the FX850's, but with tighter sub-bass, better mids, and more natural-sounding treble.  I simply can't believe the value in these, and I feel like I've wasted money over the years on the high end headphones like K3003 and SE846 and the like.  Not that they are better audiophile sounding than those, but they are certainly equally FUN while still maintaining a high-quality sound.  They're also very comfortable!  All the while, they leave me with more money in my pocket to get more (and actually be able to put food on the table).  I've since gotten the KZ-ATE's and the AD01's.  I still come back to the Kinera BA05, however.  The next to come is the Magoasi K3's, which I will be sure to post comparisons on.
Someone started a separate thread on Kinera, where I posted more on them:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/824627/my-first-imprsssion-in-kinera-ba05#post_13178179

Anyways, these are sub-$50, so if you're looking to throw only a few bones at something, this may be one to try.  

*I listen to primarily electronic music: chillout, downtempo, chillstep, future bass, etc.  For a 500-track sample, if curious, would be one of my Soundcloud Playlists:
https://soundcloud.com/madmusicjunkie/sets/pye-plug-ready-by

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #4,991 of 33,689
Does anyone own the **** 4in 1 and the Tennmak Crazy Cello and can compare the sound from these two?

Bear in mind I prefer brighter sounding earphones!

I would say I much prefer the 4in1. I found the Cello to be too dark for my tastes. With the Cello it's hard to pick out its virtues when it doesn't tick the key box in terms of sound signature.

Both will give you plenty of bass, both seem to have good soundstage. Build quality on the Cello was better but it's more expensive and you can't swap out the cable.

I like the imaging and the bass texture on the 4in1, I'd put it just above the Urbanfun in terms of personal preference, alongside the C190 but behind the G3.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #4,993 of 33,689
Yes, I posted it a few days ago. It looks very good. I didn't see any aliexpress store has it yet. I guess now they're not happy with so called "pre-order" thing. 

I'll probably buy one when it's available on ali.
Aftet a rather disappointing purchase of the last DT2+, i decided to give it a wait till some impressions coming out this time before i press the buy button. My choice very much inclined towards the ZSR to come soon or the TY HiZ G3.

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #4,994 of 33,689
1clearhead

I got my BK50 from AE for 2 weeks based on your impression. I own ath-cks77 for a year. Yes cks bass region is better IMO. But the BK50's overall presentation pleased me rally well. I dont say which better, but i loved the BK OOTB even until now. Crisp and smooth with some details(i dont know why, but longer eartips nozzle brings out the mid-high with this iem, i got 1 Medium standart eartips and 3 wide bore. Those wide bore forwarding its mid but kills the mid-high in my hearing). Really bang for the buck. Damn chinese iem :mad:, now i have to count price performance ratio for an iem instead of just "popular factor".

Have a great day everyone :)

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #4,995 of 33,689
Aftet a rather disappointing purchase of the last DT2+, i decided to give it a wait till some impressions coming out this time before i press the buy button. My choice very much inclined towards the ZSR to come soon or the TY HiZ G3.

Me too. My first DT2+ has huge channel imbalance in the mid range. So I guess one of the BA driver is broken. The seller sent me a second pair and it's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back