Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #28,606 of 33,689
They won't sound the same.. The color will effect the way your brain perceives the sound. Even though you can't see them when they are in your ears, you will KNOW!

Am I the only one who takes a hand mirror to the main mirror so they can see what the iems look like in their ears?

Yes.

I just use the medicine cabinet in the bathroom :ksc75smile:. Its mounted to the side of the main mirror.

Nov 20, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #28,607 of 33,689
@Podster Which one will you get?

Peacock Audio P1 colors
HTB1pnj3elCw3KVjSZFuq6AAOpXaA.jpg

HTB18FbVek5E3KVjSZFCq6zuzXXaq.jpg

HTB15hjWelGE3KVjSZFhq6AkaFXa9.jpg
I would take the galaxy if I'm going to get them

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #28,608 of 33,689
Yes indeed. Coming up with nuanced differences between all of the IEMs in your collection would be a MONUMENTAL endeavor!:wink::sunglasses: Just remember, 'endgame" is always one purchase away (no matter how many purchases you make LOL).
Mathematically I would say the answer to how many IEMs is enough is N+1.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #28,609 of 33,689
Aha ok thanks
just my 2 cents....

KXXXs is not neutral to me.... it has really strong bass and i think the goku guy mentioned that TFZ no.3 is U shaped which is closer to V than U..... I have heard the KXXs quite extensively and its bass levels defo not neutral or even "more neutral" just felt there was a bit of misrepresentation there.....

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #28,610 of 33,689
@Podster - What is the tube amp (or preamp) that's in the background of your photos?

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #28,611 of 33,689
@Podster - What is the tube amp (or preamp) that's in the background of your photos?

My Desktop amp is the Jolida FX-10. Drives a pair of Dayton B652 bookshelf’s and I have Dayton’s powered 80WPC Sub 80 on it. Pretty nice for an office setup, least everyone who comes thru my office seems to think so:rolling_eyes:

Nov 21, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #28,612 of 33,689
just my 2 cents....

KXXXs is not neutral to me.... it has really strong bass and i think the goku guy mentioned that TFZ no.3 is U shaped which is closer to V than U..... I have heard the KXXs quite extensively and its bass levels defo not neutral or even "more neutral" just felt there was a bit of misrepresentation there.....
The kxxs is definitely more neutral when compared to either the P1 or no.3 but agree that it still has a boosted bass and a little bit boosted in the highs.

Nov 21, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #28,613 of 33,689
after one day of use I can say that the PeacockAudio P1 is my favourite V-shaped iem right now, the mids arent recessed like the KZs (zs10pro, zs7) and the highs are clear.

But when used with the JDS Labs ATOM it somehow sounds like the highs got boosted more, making it sound brighter overall.

BUT the biggest complain I have is that when used with overwatch (game) it sounds muffled and makes it really hard to pinpoint locations, the average soundstage doesnt help that either. I tried the No.3 with overwatch right after and it was much more cleaner and I could actually hear where everything was.

So basically I do not recommend the P1 for gaming and much rather take the No.3. (I do not use iems for gaming, only testing)

Nov 21, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #28,614 of 33,689
I want to share some privat story

My worklplace sponsored me some custom earplugs they took today some impressions from me i already saw a few workers whot put thier earphones inside the earplugs the actually have a canal whit a filter inside your can take out the filter and put some iems in it

Now i can go custom whit all my iems. And i get every half year a new pair. Im so happy right now

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #28,615 of 33,689
Ed 9 is my go-to inear,and I brake things,mostly by accident/abuse.
Sounds "great"I dont want to compare it to things 3-4 times it's price.

Diffrent filters, and very sturdy build for the price, mine went through the washer,got caught in bike wheels,got run over by cars..
And they keep sounding good=]
Broke apart a little on the plastic mic/button part last month, after years of abuse, but some duct tape later and they still sound good, mic is broken but sound is ok.
Definitely buying a few sets more,to give away,and to have in the drawer as extras.
I highly recommend

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #28,616 of 33,689
Ed 9 is my go-to inear,and I brake things,mostly by accident/abuse.
Sounds "great"I dont want to compare it to things 3-4 times it's price.

Diffrent filters, and very sturdy build for the price, mine went through the washer,got caught in bike wheels,got run over by cars..
And they keep sounding good=]
Broke apart a little on the plastic mic/button part last month, after years of abuse, but some duct tape later and they still sound good, mic is broken but sound is ok.
Definitely buying a few sets more,to give away,and to have in the drawer as extras.
I highly recommend

I agree, friend. The ED9 is a GREAT earphone, and there are still many fans of it on HeadFi!

Sure, there are better earphones available. But that is always the case. The Blon BL-03 is a better earphone than the ED9. But the Audiosense T800 is a better earphone than the Blon BL-03. But the CA Andromeda is a better earphone than the Audiosense T800.

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #28,617 of 33,689
I want to share some privat story

My worklplace sponsored me some custom earplugs they took today some impressions from me i already saw a few workers whot put thier earphones inside the earplugs the actually have a canal whit a filter inside your can take out the filter and put some iems in it

Now i can go custom whit all my iems. And i get every half year a new pair. Im so happy right now

That is really cool. Do you have any details on the company that is making the earplugs? Or some photos of the stock earphones, the filters that go inside, and what it looks like with IEMs in place of the filters?

It sounds very interesting, and I would love to learn some more about it.

I played around with a similar idea, but yours sounds more interesting.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...our-iem-mods-here.867486/page-2#post-14472603
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...our-iem-mods-here.867486/page-2#post-14742537

Nov 21, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #28,618 of 33,689
That is really cool. Do you have any details on the company that is making the earplugs? Or some photos of the stock earphones, the filters that go inside, and what it looks like with IEMs in place of the filters?

It sounds very interesting, and I would love to learn some more about it.

I played around with a similar idea, but yours sounds more interesting.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...our-iem-mods-here.867486/page-2#post-14472603
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...our-iem-mods-here.867486/page-2#post-14742537

Wait let me look for that guy. I should get mine next week.

Nov 21, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #28,619 of 33,689
@Slater
20191122_011634.jpg
20191122_011656.jpg
20191122_011650.jpg
20191122_011640.jpg

So i saw this guy walking around and see his earphones hanging on his chest and thought somthing like this " WHAT THE **** ****** ****** **** **** ****" i talked to him where do you got these he said the company lets make them for you just go to the safety guy and talk to him. I was running upstairs to him and he said yes you lucky the company who make these will come tommorow and they cn tke you impression they come every half year and you have the right to get these at our cost. " Iam new in this company"

So they took my impression today

I talked to this guy whit the earphones how they sound now he said they sound killer "non audiophile" you see it from his gear

I googled yesterday around and i will learn how to take negativ forms a wich sillicon to use and duplicate it and play around whit nozzel diameter sizes and different materials.

I think i have to sponsor this guy some decent iems. Any recs for some easy plug and play iems where he dont dont need to mess around whit cables and fit and can power by his phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back