1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. CactusPete23
    In Theory the cable between means you only need one BT stereo receiver chip, and the cable can act as an antenna improving signal reception sensitivity. So, should be easier to design a better quality BT Earphone with the cable.
    *** But there are a lot of cheap/poor quality ones made with the cable between. It does not define a great BT earphone or BT receiver.

RikudouGoku likes this.
  2. Slater
    Given enough time, I’m sure someone will come out with a 4xBA, 2xDD, 2xPiezo 1xElectrostat, 1xPlanar, that comes with an integrated amplifier you wear around your neck.

DB739C56-039E-4C12-A5A3-259151F57BB9.jpeg

3. SciOC
    You'd need a second electrostat to help match the sensitivity, and the piezo should be a proper dual 7 layer piezo. And none of this coaxial dual dynamic BS either and really having 2 ba drivers per shell and calling them 4 BAs. 20 way crossover minimum!

zachmal and Slater like this.
  4. Broquen
    IMG_20191114_234627.jpg

zachmal, HungryPanda and TimeSnow like this.
  5. Slater
    Screw earphones...I’m just going to start wearing a boom box, for true high fidelity!

9E1C880B-5104-4F11-B12C-D1E001B6A953.gif

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  6. CoiL
    You mean Beats? :D

Broquen likes this.
  7. kukkurovaca
    RAAL SR1A?

HungryPanda likes this.
  8. Infoseeker
    It all comes down to how much effort the individual company puts to reduce hiss. The Trn B20s are really really well made.

My B20s will hiss with high sensitivity iems like my Faaeal Hibiscus and Fearless Rolands at 110db. But no hiss with my Blon-03 and Shuoer Tapes. (my right Shuoer Tape died on me ;-; ]

RikudouGoku, Viajero and stryed like this.
  9. baskingshark
    Yes quite a unique hybrid config. If u do happen to get this set to review, I'll be interested in your impressions and be the first to read your review!!

10. Viajero
    Not in my experience.

11. Viajero
    I'm glad to hear that, since I bought the King Edition the other day. Will you be doing a full review of it on your site?

12. Viajero
    Nicely written review. I appreciate your comparisons to the other IEMs in the T series, but how does it compare to other well regarded single dynamic driver IEMs in the $100 to $200 range, such as the Moondrop KXXS, TFZ No.3, etc? Since those are the ones it will be most closely competing with.

baskingshark likes this.
  13. crabdog
    I think there are several in the $100-200 range that are at least as good, if not better. The Toneking 9T, BLON BL-03, Tipsy Dunmer Pro, Hifi Boy OSV3, Moonlight KXXS are all good alternatives. It depends so much on personal preference, music choice, fit/comfort etc. I'm sure there will be heaps of comparisons with all of those and more once people start receiving their T4.

zachmal, Viajero, RikudouGoku and 2 others like this.
  14. RikudouGoku
    Gotta thank @DynamicEars for the Sedna earfits recommendation. They just made my Blon 03 combined with Cable 175 sound better than the KXXS.

15. RikudouGoku
    The sedna increased the highs quantity and made the bass tighter, while the cable increased the overall quality of the sound on the blon.

My problem with them before was that the Highs didnt have enough quantity in them and made them sound "duller" in comparison and that the bass was a little too "boomy". But now the bass is both better in quality and quantity, while the highs sound natural/organic but also energetic at the same time.