1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. yorosello
    How about Shanling UP2, I see it have a kind of similar features with BTR3

2. DynamicEars
    Shanling UP2 from what i've read so far, better than BTR3, but if you can stretch your budget, get ES100

3. yorosello
    unfortunately, can't find it on my local store & I'm not willing to wait for a pre order...So I'll just find something that's available right away :D

audio123 and DynamicEars like this.
  4. audio123
    I second that. The UP2 is better than BTR3.
    @yorosello you might want to wait for UP4 to see how it stacks up against ES100 for balanced output. :)

5. Infoseeker
    Question, when ChiFi brands are stating their dynamic driver is using a Diamond-Like-Carbon Diaphragm is that a gimmick? Or is it something substantial like Beryllium.

ie. this Faaeal iem.
    US $64.90 | Pre-sale FAAEAL Hibiscus Diamond Like Carbon Diaphragm Dynamic HIFI In Ear Earphone Monitor Stage IEM Earbud Plating Metal
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/kBWIrG6k

Toastybob likes this.
  6. yorosello
    I will, hoping it'll come to my country soon :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  7. yorosello
    I was actually torn in between buying a bluetooth portable dac/amp - Shanling UP2 or just a DAC cable like the Tempotec/HIDIZS Sonata HD. :thinking: Since the cable DAC is capable of producing HiRes format audio 24 bit/192kHz, and the bluetooth amp only support until 24 bit/96kHz

8. Infoseeker
    If you have to do technical skills work. You should get a Truly wireless adapter like the Trn B20s to not have a cable/phone in the way of your work.

The earphones in your signature should be easy to drive for them.

9. baskingshark
    I have the HIDIZS/tempotec sonata HD and honestly it was good a few months ago, but there are recent releases that trump it in terms of specs, this area of technology really evolves so fast. I'm actually on the lookout to upgrade on it on 11/11 if there are cheap options.

The Xduoo Link is quite interesting: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aud...ressions-thread.909718/page-164#post-15263403
    I like that it has a volume controller, and even though it has the same DAC chip as the Audirect Beam, the Xduoo Link is half the price.

There have been other recent releases that have good reviews, check out this thread too: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/e1d...-pdv2-9038s-9038d-9038x-hifitoy-hptoy.915835/

yorosello likes this.
  10. yorosello
    Mostly, I'm just sitting in the office actually & just required to walk around a little. but it will be better if i can walk around still wearing my earphone without having to bring my phone

11. chinmie
    if you don't mind me asking, what country do you live in? from what said in your "location", i assume you're in Indonesia?

12. yorosello
    That's hot actually, I think i will get one of it (xDuoo Link) too when it's available here & if it's cheap

13. yorosello
    yes, i am

14. chinmie
    some audio stores stocks the ES100 a few while ago, or sometimes a mint second hand unit popped up on the online stores. i wonder are you also a member of the local audio forum too? there's sometimes a few units floating around there too.

yorosello likes this.
  15. yorosello
    Not yet a member, hoping to join the forum soon