1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. mbwilson111
    probably needed a clean up... bad vibes earlier

superuser1 likes this.
  2. HungryPanda
    I don't know but I'm just getting the old insufficient privilege to reply message

3. mbwilson111
    You missed all the "unfriendly banter"

4. HungryPanda
    Oh I read it earlier. We don't need that kind of thing.

DynamicEars likes this.
  5. Dsnuts Contributor
    It should be back up soon I am sure it was due to some negative talk on there. It happens once in a while.

zachmal and HungryPanda like this.
  6. CoiL
    Dude! Stop it! -.-

Just when BL-03 is on the way to me...

How is it against KPE and BL-03 btw?

SoundChoice likes this.
  7. FastAndClean
    What do you mean negative talk? it is called - different opinions, believe it or not there's people here that have them.

zachmal likes this.
  8. mbwilson111
    People can have different opinions without being ugly to each other and making accusations. Heafi rules were being broken.

9. superuser1
    :hand_splayed: guy with different opinion! :D

HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  10. FastAndClean
    what exactly was "ugly" to you? @castleofargh was polite without "ugly" words used

11. silverfishla
    I think it was the accusations of shilling.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    HungryPanda and mbwilson111 like this.
  12. mbwilson111
    Yes.

13. Otto Motor
    Yes, and the biggest markets are Asian...but Japan is also big and they don't like it at all...neither do the westerners. Although the curve does not rally show it, the upper midrange was dialled down in the TRN V90 by the tuner...that's what makes it so pleasant to the western ear.

baskingshark and Slater like this.
  14. Otto Motor
    That's a general problem with the review system: dealers/manufacturers want positive reviews to sell their stuff. The "free samples" are part of their marketing budget...much cheaper than purchasing advertisements. The "honest reviews in exchange of a free sample" are in many cases inadvertently sugarcoated, which is still honest. And all this unboxing stuff is entirely marketing. Sugarcoating keeps the reviewer on the gravy train for the next generation of products. There are blogs that exclusively shill...one of them was recently identified and singled out by some peers. Some "star reviewers" get away with being entirely honest...but you need to acquire such street credibility over a long period of time.

In summary: hype trains are necessary for clearing the tracks for the gravy trains.

I personally don't sugarcoat, but this does not make me popular with many manufacturers/sellers...and many head-fiers either.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  15. FastAndClean
    i think in Japan they like that tuning, upper mids pushed forward, it is so called Japanese tuning

zachmal likes this.