Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #25,621 of 33,689
Another quick question: Any recommendations for Chi-Fi basshead-IEMs? I'd like to add some really bassy ones for jogging and biking - the movement pretty much eliminates the feeling of bass for me when I use more balanced IEMs. I'd like as much bass and sub-bass as possible without completely sacrificing clarity.

Over-Ear wire is mandatory. Teardrop or Shure type shape if possible. Preferably below 50€. Bonus points for reduced wind noise (seriously, it's an issue :D)...
1. BLON BL-03*
2. KZ ZS7
3. TRI i4 with tape mod.
*you will need to change the cable.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #25,622 of 33,689
Semkarch CNT-1 has way more bass than the Blon. Cable on mine died in a day so I'd advise getting another on purchase to be on the safe side.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #25,623 of 33,689
Aug 26, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #25,625 of 33,689

It is something new and not something already for sale yet. Previous earbud lucky bag was the NiceHCK ME80.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #25,626 of 33,689
A previous lucky bag for IEMs is how I got my Blons. Tempted by this one.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #25,627 of 33,689
My thoughts on the Shozy V33 Pro. It is a tribute to vinyl records but the end result is underwhelming.
https://primeaudio.org/shozy-v33-pro-review/

V33 Pro above.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #25,628 of 33,689
Aliexpress sale is here, guys my wallet is ready and i need too update my iem inventory have not tdone that for years now just got me a Tin audio P1 on its way, need a few more. Please please, recomend me some good bang for the money iems and those who are not fatiguin would be nice dont need too be balanced can be slighlty v shaped. Yeah as long as there is not massive peaks or dips im happy. budget 50-500$ What do you guys see on sale that are worth it?

Can we post which iem brand is having a sale here? Could that be a thing?

Thanks...

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #25,629 of 33,689
Aliexpress sale is here, guys my wallet is ready and i need too update my iem inventory have not tdone that for years now just got me a Tin audio P1 on its way, need a few more. Please please, recomend me some good bang for the money iems and those who are not fatiguin would be nice dont need too be balanced can be slighlty v shaped. Yeah as long as there is not massive peaks or dips im happy. budget 50-500$ What do you guys see on sale that are worth it?

Can we post which iem brand is having a sale here? Could that be a thing?

Thanks...

The majority of the shops in Aliexpress are having a sale.

I can recommend the Toneking Ninetail @ 83 - 85 USD now on some shops at Aliexpress. It has customizable filters so u can make it more bassy or V shaped or neutralish sounding. It has one of the most organic/natural timbres I have heard in a budget/midFI CHIFI IEM. The appearance looks weird but it is very comfortable and good fitting. Most of the configs are U to V shaped IMO. The mids are a bit more recessed than I would like, so YMMV.

If u like bass, u can consider the TFZ No. 3, great bass and subbass quantity and quality. It is just slightly discounted from the Aliexpress stores this sale from what I saw, around 100ish USD. But maybe if u use the Aliexpress discount coupons it may be even cheaper. U shaped sounding.

**** is not bad for the price of 16ish USD. Good open soundstage and details. But timbre is a bit off for orchestral/brass/wind instruments, so not advisable if u listen to classical/orchestral type music. For pop/EDM/rock, it works for me. I personally recommend to use it with an amp as it has a treble piezo driver which needs some juice to get details and soundstage to show.

KZ ZS10 Pro is V shaped, so not sure if it will suit u. But it is a good all rounder IEM @ ~35 USD. Good details, instrument separation, clarity that can compete with more expensive western brands IMHO.

All these are non fatiguing IMO.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #25,630 of 33,689
I have done the tape mod on the TRI i4 with micropore tape. Brilliant! I have ZS7 style sub bass and lovely clear mids and treble! I'm going to be busy listening to these. Using medium Spiral Dots on them, and KZ silver plated upgrade cable. Very comfortable fit.

I look forward to a little review in the near future.
Quite interested in these iems. And value your opinion.

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #25,631 of 33,689

1. BLON BL-03*
2. KZ ZS7
3. TRI i4 with tape mod.
*you will need to change the cable.

I am happily using the stock cable on my Blon. What is the problem?

Semkarch CNT-1 has way more bass than the Blon. Cable on mine died in a day so I'd advise getting another on purchase to be on the safe side.

I am using the stock cable on the CMT1 also. What do you mean when you say it died? Suddenly there was no music for no reason?

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #25,632 of 33,689
The majority of the shops in Aliexpress are having a sale.

I can recommend the Toneking Ninetail @ 83 - 85 USD now on some shops at Aliexpress. It has customizable filters so u can make it more bassy or V shaped or neutralish sounding. It has one of the most organic/natural timbres I have heard in a budget/midFI CHIFI IEM. The appearance looks weird but it is very comfortable and good fitting. Most of the configs are U to V shaped IMO. The mids are a bit more recessed than I would like, so YMMV.

If u like bass, u can consider the TFZ No. 3, great bass and subbass quantity and quality. It is just slightly discounted from the Aliexpress stores this sale from what I saw, around 100ish USD. But maybe if u use the Aliexpress discount coupons it may be even cheaper. U shaped sounding.

**** is not bad for the price of 16ish USD. Good open soundstage and details. But timbre is a bit off for orchestral/brass/wind instruments, so not advisable if u listen to classical/orchestral type music. For pop/EDM/rock, it works for me. I personally recommend to use it with an amp as it has a treble piezo driver which needs some juice to get details and soundstage to show.

KZ ZS10 Pro is V shaped, so not sure if it will suit u. But it is a good all rounder IEM @ ~35 USD. Good details, instrument separation, clarity that can compete with more expensive western brands IMHO.

All these are non fatiguing IMO.

Well i have been looking at the TFZ no.3 alot, looks nice, great tech. Many people seem too like them. Good for the music i listen too And i belive it is a good secondary iem for the Tin audio p1 so i can change it up with those when i want a fun and easy going iem. Hmm.

But the Toneking looks great, i like dynamic drivers, but i also want too try a Balanced amarture one, but are those more prone too fatigue? Or is it in the tuning? Dont need razy amount of low end anyways, cause i undertand that most BA ones dont do that well, hmm. So many options i have been looking at so many these last days. My head is spoinning around.
Like i was set on the Tanjin Oxygen ones, then i read about the fit problem.

Thanks for the answer gonna look more into these.

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #25,635 of 33,689
[/SIZE

I am using the stock cable on the CMT1 also. What do you mean when you say it died? Suddenly there was no music for no reason?

Left channel drop out. Then right channel. Then both. Sounding fantastic. Then rubbish. Then a channel dropped and didn't come back. Changed the cable and all is fine. Just picked the cable up to move it and one of the MMCx plugs fell off. Yep. I got a fairly poorly made cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back