Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 1, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #25,126 of 33,689
I would not expect much, the previous is utter garbage IMO. Bass was too slow for a 30$ iem, they struggle with complex tracks and are offer a blunted image. Very loose definition. No sparkle up top, no tightness down in the bass. The mids were ok in presence. The FR graph looked nice but thre drivers just couldn't make it.

Unless people confirm the new one is revolutionary from the previous, i would avoid.

I agree, the original is one of my biggest disappointment the last year....

Aug 1, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #25,127 of 33,689
I would not expect much, the previous is utter garbage IMO. Bass was too slow for a 30$ iem, they struggle with complex tracks and are offer a blunted image. Very loose definition. No sparkle up top, no tightness down in the bass. The mids were ok in presence. The FR graph looked nice but thre drivers just couldn't make it.

Unless people confirm the new one is revolutionary from the previous, i would avoid.

I agree, the original is one of my biggest disappointment the last year....

It’s sad though, as Auglamour stuff usually looks visually appealing. Too bad the tuning isn’t as good as the design.

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #25,128 of 33,689
It’s sad though, as Auglamour stuff usually looks visually appealing. Too bad the tuning isn’t as good as the design.

Design and construction wise they are indeed very good, in photos it looks like plastic but it's metal, they even come with a bag. I actually hope that the new one is good. Just letting people known that new one needs to be totally different to be real good in a world of ****, crescent, zs10pro and e1000.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:30 PM Post #25,131 of 33,689
Received KBEAR KB06 and Blon BL-03 in these days.
I've already finished writing the review of the first one, and i can say the KB06 are ok, a simple good earphone which struggles keeping the fight with other IEMs in the same price range.

Blon BL-03 needs some more listening.
If connected to an amp they're astonishing for now.
Single DD love again..
I'm gonna update you asap.

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #25,133 of 33,689
I just ordered a Semkarch Skc-Cnt1. You guys are so mean for providing a helpful community of how to quickly empty our wallets on audio gear.

PS: It was hard choosing a seller on Ali. The cheapest won out.

Yes this forum is a huge rabbit hole (dunno if that is good or bad).
Look forward to your Semkarch review!

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #25,134 of 33,689
PS: It was hard choosing a seller on Ali. The cheapest won out.

i usually choose based on the best combination on price, seller's positive feedback, and product reviews if available. I've got burned before from seller with cheapest price... turns out their service was not good

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #25,136 of 33,689
In general, my first impressions were neutral. Kinda warm, bassy, good timbre good soundstage. A little dull on the top end. But then, I wore them to bed in a very quiet environment and could hear better the detail that these have (which are subtle but there). I think this is the best environment to appreciate these, because their subtlety can be easily overlooked in a normal environment.

agree i had the same thoughts, they are quite similar to the OEM Samsung earphones supplied by AKG which i reviewed some time back (https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/samsung-akg-oem-in-ear-headphones.23170/) ... they also sound better with some kind of EQ processing ( eg. Dolby atmos ON on S8). what they seem to excel is separation layering

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #25,137 of 33,689
Up for review is the KB EAR KB10 :writing_hand::spy:

P_20190729_130913_1_1(2).jpgP_20190729_132047_1(2).jpgHTB1LydYdlCw3KVjSZFuq6AAOpXaq.jpg
*Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10 (pictured at the far right)

ABOUT KB EAR
and KB10 in-ear earphone:
KB is the abbreviation of American professional basketball player ‘Kobe Bryant’. The owner of the company decided to name his new in-ear earphone products after the famous and retired professional basketball player and legend, Kobe Bryant. They started to sell their earphones on April of this year 2019, and are quickly becoming a hot commodity and talk on their current models like the KB EAR F1 and KB EAR Opal, and now the much talked about and controversial KB10 for its body structure, good looks, and mostly identical sound to the A10 from CCA earphones, which is the sister company to the well known KZ earphones company. The KB10 does sport the same all BA structure as the A10 consisting of a BA 22955 for bass, BA 29689 for MID’s, and BA 30095 for High’s. Another model earphone, soon to be released, is the KB EAR KB06, and thereafter, the TRI I4, which goes under a different name, but more on that next time. The KB EAR earphone company did mention to me that they were not affiliated with any other company and that they are an independent brand. So, let me make the best of it and hope that they are independent, since the other two models they recently make and sell looks clearly different from other companies with the exception of the KB10.

P_20190729_132947_1.jpgP_20190729_132955_1.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced, but bright and vividly sounding signature throughout the midrange and treble with plenty of details and a surprisingly low natural sounding punchy bass coming from a BA “bass” armature.

P_20190729_132807_1(2).jpgP_20190729_132937_1(2).jpg

PACKAGE:
They carry very simple accessories, which is nothing out of the ordinary that includes a pair of in-ear metal/alloy and resin housed earphones, detachable cable, extra large and small silicone ear tips, and manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box.

P_20190729_133109_1.jpgP_20190729_133127_1.jpg

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
At first, receiving and listening to the KB10 I was a little disappointed on the harsh and sibilant sound that came out of them, but that’s when patience paid-off! It all changed after burning them in for at least 100 hours! …Just clear, vivid, airy, and exceptionally tuned earphones! Though, it’s important to note that my review also consists of the changes of ear tips for better comfort and openness. Current ear tips installed: AUVIO medium silicone ear tips, which are not the default tips, but an aftermarket brand.

HTB1pa4Qdl1D3KVjSZFyq6zuFpXax(2).jpg *Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10 two color option display

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, punchy, and can demonstrate good quality detailed bass, especially in the sub-bass region where they shine! The KB10 relies on the quality and quantity of bass, which keeps the whole signature quite technically balanced!

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has a sense of space, lush, and transparency that leaves you almost breathless, while it’s nicely tuned with the lower treble region giving you exceptional clarity and coherency.

TREBLE:
The treble demonstrates perfection in the lower and upper peaks, while maintaining a good flow of vividness with excellent details. This kind of upper signature is hard to achieve and I think the KB10 can really do it well! Details can only be expressed as immersive and irresistible…They are literally hard to put down!

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION
The KB10’s soundstage is rare at its price point and plays a vital role in the whole signature, which is hard to achieve in many earphones. They demonstrate a better than average soundstage and imaging, due to the fact that they are capable of having some of the best frontal and depth soundstage when compared to others I personally own. Resolution is also epic and grand for such a forgiving low price point!

P_20190729_135941_1_1.jpgP_20190729_140012_1.jpg
P_20190729_141246_1.jpgP_20190729_141450_2.jpg
P_20190729_134905_2_1.jpgP_20190729_134911_2_1.jpg
P_20190729_134636_1.jpgP_20190729_134820_1.jpg
KB10 (left), A10 (right)

COMPARISONS
:
CCA A10 vs KB EAR KB10
Well? I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but the sound signature on both the A10 and KB10 are exactly the same…Meaning, you’re not going to find any differences, whatsoever, on both of them in their sound at all. It seems that internally they are both built with the same BA armatures down to the core, almost as if they were built and made at the same assembly line, for that matter. And, even though the appearance might look a little different, the construction and shape of both down to the similar cables and packaging are a dead give-a-way of where they come from. Though, the difference in appearance of style might be what one may wish to choose according to taste. The A10 poses royal blue color alloy housing with the CCA logo and the number five on each side for the number of BA’s, which is nice for those that like the blue look…while the KB10 shows off a chrome-like housing made of a very shiny metal alloy held with 3 tiny and shiny screws, and 3 indented streaks on each side displaying a more expensive look. So, if looks, or better yet, an expensive look is what you’re looking for? Go for the KB10! But, “I will warn you”, fingerprints will be common on that chrome-like looking housing. So, my best advice…constantly keep them clean with a dry cloth. Now, interestingly the weight on both are just one “g” away; the A10 weighs in at 32g, while the KB10 weighs in at 33g, which is probably due to the 3 screws holding down the KB10 per side to the rest of the housing giving it that slight extra weight.

CCA C16 vs KB EAR KB10
So here are two top in-ear earphones offered by CCA and KB EAR…and make no exception; they are both good in quality and value! While the C16 came as no surprise with great sounding midrange to upper midrange carrying 16 BA’s, it has an almost neutral sound signature boasting quick speed and raw details on top with excellent upper to lower bass response. The KB10, in the other hand, provides excellent technicality providing the best soundstage possible with the added front and depth soundstage spectrum…It’s really hard to say “you missed a note” with this type of soundstage! Though, both can be said to have different sound signatures, which is perfectly fine with me. So, if you ask me? …Both are winners in my book! From here and now, it’s all about “personal preference”.

PROS:
Excellent technicality, superb bass, great build quality, detachable cables, better than average frontal and depth soundstage, and a beautiful chrome-like finish mounted by three screws.

CONS:
Not for bass heads, needs many hours of play time to achieve its premium signature…100 hours to be exact! Cables are a little thin and light for its weight (can easily be changed for better ones). Chrome-like finish housing can be annoying for fingerprint prone smudges, so a cloth is important to keep close by for occasional cleaning.

FINAL COMMENTS:
The KB EAR KB10 are a pleasure to have and can be viewed as a level of premium quality for such an insane low price, IMHO.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lastly, I want to give a special thanks to Wendy from KB EAR for sending the KB10 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $68 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost. Their official website is http://www.kb-ear.com/ and their other official store for sales can be found at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5017064.

Hope this review can be of help towards your next purchase...

-Clear :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #25,138 of 33,689

*Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10

ABOUT KB EAR
KB is the abbreviation of American professional basketball player ‘Kobe Bryant’. The owner of the company decided to name his new in-ear earphone products after the famous and retired professional basketball player and legend, Kobe Bryant. They started to sell their earphones on April of this year 2019, and are quickly becoming a hot commodity and talk on their current models like the KB EAR F1 and KB EAR Opal, and now the much talked about and controversial KB10 for its body structure, good looks, and mostly identical sound to the A10 from CCA earphones, which is the sister company to the well known KZ earphones company. The KB10 does sport the same all BA structure as the A10 consisting of a BA 22955 for bass, BA 29689 for MID’s, and BA 30095 for High’s. Another model earphone, soon to be released, is the KB EAR KB06, and thereafter, the TRI I4, which goes under a different name, but more on that next time. The KB EAR earphone company did mention to me that they were not affiliated with any other company and that they are an independent brand. So, let me make the best of it and hope that they are independent, since the other two models they recently make and sell looks clearly different from other companies with the exception of the KB10.

SOUND SIGNATURE:
They have a balanced, but bright and vividly sounding signature throughout the midrange and treble with plenty of details and a surprisingly low natural sounding punchy bass coming from a BA “bass” armature.

PACKAGE:
They carry very simple accessories, which is nothing out of the ordinary that includes a pair of in-ear metal/alloy and resin housed earphones, detachable cable, extra large and small silicone ear tips, and manual and warranty card all in one small square packaged box.

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:
At first, receiving and listening to the KB10 I was a little disappointed on the harsh and sibilant sound that came out of them, but that’s when patience paid-off! It all changed after burning them in for at least 100 hours! …Just clear, vivid, airy, and exceptionally tuned earphones! Though, it’s important to note that my review also consists of the changes of ear tips for better comfort and openness. Current ear tips installed: AUVIO medium silicone ear tips, which are not the default tips, but an aftermarket brand.

*Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10 two color option display

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, punchy, and can demonstrate good quality detailed bass, especially in the sub-bass region where they shine! The KB10 relies on the quality and quantity of bass, which keeps the whole signature quite technically balanced!

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has a sense of space, lush, and transparency that leaves you almost breathless, while it’s nicely tuned with the lower treble region giving you exceptional clarity and coherency.

TREBLE:
The treble demonstrates perfection in the lower and upper peaks, while maintaining a good flow of vividness with excellent details. This kind of upper signature is hard to achieve and I think the KB10 can really do it well! Details can only be expressed as immersive and irresistible…They are literally hard to put down!

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION
The KB10’s soundstage is rare at its price point and plays a vital role in the whole signature, which is hard to achieve in many earphones. They demonstrate a better than average soundstage and imaging, due to the fact that they are capable of having some of the best frontal and depth soundstage when compared to others I personally own. Resolution is also epic and grand for such a forgiving low price point!

KB10 (left), A10 (right)

COMPARISONS
:
CCA A10 vs KB EAR KB10
Well? I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but the sound signature on both the A10 and KB10 are exactly the same…Meaning, you’re not going to find any differences, whatsoever, on both of them in their sound at all. It seems that internally they are both built with the same BA armatures down to the core, almost as if they were built and made at the same assembly line, for that matter. And, even though the appearance might look a little different, the construction and shape of both down to the similar cables and packaging are a dead give-a-way of where they come from. Though, the difference in appearance of style might be what one may wish to choose according to taste. The A10 poses royal blue color alloy housing with the CCA logo and the number five on each side for the number of BA’s, which is nice for those that like the blue look…while the KB10 shows off a chrome-like housing made of a very shiny metal alloy held with 3 tiny and shiny screws, and 3 indented streaks on each side displaying a more expensive look. So, if looks, or better yet, an expensive look is what you’re looking for? Go for the KB10! But, “I will warn you”, fingerprints will be common on that chrome-like looking housing. So, my best advice…constantly keep them clean with a dry cloth. Now, interestingly the weight on both are just one “kg” away; the A10 weighs in at 32kg, while the KB10 weighs in at 33kg, which is probably due to the 3 screws holding down the KB10 per side to the rest of the housing giving it that slight extra weight.

CCA C16 vs KB EAR KB10
So here are two top in-ear earphones offered by CCA and KB EAR…and make no exception; they are both good in quality and value! While the C16 came as no surprise with great sounding midrange to upper midrange carrying 16 BA’s, it has an almost neutral sound signature boasting quick speed and raw details on top with excellent upper to lower bass response. The KB10, in the other hand, provides excellent technicality providing the best soundstage possible with the added front and depth soundstage spectrum…It’s really hard to say “you missed a note” with this type of soundstage! Though, both can be said to have different sound signatures, which is perfectly fine with me. So, if you ask me? …Both are winners in my book! From here and now, it’s all about “personal preference”.

PROS:
Excellent technicality, superb bass, great build quality, detachable cables, better than average frontal and depth soundstage, and a beautiful chrome-like finish mounted by three screws.

CONS:
Not for bass heads, needs many hours of play time to achieve its premium signature…100 hours to be exact! Cables are a little thin and light for its weight (can easily be changed for better ones). Chrome-like finish housing can be annoying for fingerprint prone smudges, so a cloth is important to keep close by for occasional cleaning.

FINAL COMMENTS:
The KB EAR KB10 are a pleasure to have and can be viewed as a level of premium quality for such an insane low price, IMHO.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lastly, I want to give a special thanks to Wendy from KB EAR for sending the KB10 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $68 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost. Their official website is http://www.kb-ear.com/ and their other official store for sales can be found at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5017064.

You can’t be serious. These are named after Kobe Bryant?! Hard pass.

Aug 2, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #25,139 of 33,689
You can’t be serious. These are named after Kobe Bryant?! Hard pass.

You shouldn't pass, their IEMs are good.
F1 is a very interesting pair and the KB06 is super comfortable and easy going.
I mean, there are better choices but hey, they're just good and they're improving.

*Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10

ABOUT KB EAR

SOUND SIGNATURE:

PACKAGE:

NOTICEABLE CHANGES:

*Courtesy of KB EAR for KB10 two color option display

SOUND:
BASS:

MIDRANGE:

TREBLE:

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION

KB10 (left), A10 (right)

COMPARISONS
:
CCA A10 vs KB EAR KB10
Well? I hate to be the one to break it to everyone, but the sound signature on both the A10 and KB10 are exactly the same…Meaning, you’re not going to find any differences, whatsoever, on both of them in their sound at all. It seems that internally they are both built with the same BA armatures down to the core, almost as if they were built and made at the same assembly line, for that matter. And, even though the appearance might look a little different, the construction and shape of both down to the similar cables and packaging are a dead give-a-way of where they come from. Though, the difference in appearance of style might be what one may wish to choose according to taste. The A10 poses royal blue color alloy housing with the CCA logo and the number five on each side for the number of BA’s, which is nice for those that like the blue look…while the KB10 shows off a chrome-like housing made of a very shiny metal alloy held with 3 tiny and shiny screws, and 3 indented streaks on each side displaying a more expensive look. So, if looks, or better yet, an expensive look is what you’re looking for? Go for the KB10! But, “I will warn you”, fingerprints will be common on that chrome-like looking housing. So, my best advice…constantly keep them clean with a dry cloth. Now, interestingly the weight on both are just one “kg” away; the A10 weighs in at 32kg, while the KB10 weighs in at 33kg, which is probably due to the 3 screws holding down the KB10 per side to the rest of the housing giving it that slight extra weight.

CCA C16 vs KB EAR KB10

PROS:

CONS:

FINAL COMMENTS:

SPECIAL THANKS:

Clear, do you know if they're connected to KZ in any way?
The cable is the same as the ZSN Pro, stock tips are the starline ones, the packaging is the same.
Interesting..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back