Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #24,556 of 33,689
i use them as a tool most of the time, however with high quality recordings they are very pleasant to listen to, but i am a fan of doom metal and drum and bass, not a very good types of music for them
yes, i EQ a lot of my earphones, probably i am a basshead but i enjoy very neutral earphones as well, mid forward also, so i am not sure :floatsmile:
Okay, I thought your first post was weird about swapping IEMs based on music genre, but decided to not say anything, however, your admission of using equalisers a lot makes it too disjointed. Etys are technically better than most things, however, it might be that the signature is unpleasant for some kind of music. But if you equalise then that problem disappears; plus you get the best isolation out there. The only issue might be comfort, yet that's obviously not what you referred to. So what is it that makes Etys (after equalising) worse for lower quality recordings and doom metal?

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #24,557 of 33,689
Okay, I thought your first post was weird about swapping IEMs based on music genre, but decided to not say anything, however, your admission of using equalisers a lot makes it too disjointed. Etys are technically better than most things, however, it might be that the signature is unpleasant for some kind of music. But if you equalise then that problem disappears; plus you get the best isolation out there. The only issue might be comfort, yet that's obviously not what you referred to. So what is it that makes Etys (after equalising) worse for lower quality recordings and doom metal?
first reason - upper treble spike and forward upper mids makes them not good for metal (for me), i listen at high volumes, for metal i prefer something darker and with less treble and upper mids, second reason - ER4S has one BA driver, the bass can be boosted for those types of music but dynamic drivers or multi BA earphones with more than one woofer respond better to bass EQ at high volumes

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #24,558 of 33,689
I wonder what it will be next week?
Maybe, it will be MT100 versus Tin PIN1? :thinking:
HTB1AXiWXJjvK1RjSspiq6AEqXXaY.jpgO1CN011ESnTTnqG7h3WXl_!!125780351.jpg
Hopefully, mines will arrive next week in time for my birthday, thanks to my wife! :yum: :cake:

:point_right: ...My first Planars! :beerchug:

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #24,560 of 33,689
[QUOTE = "Carlsan, post: 15015892, member: 118700"] Alguém já experimentou ou ouviu o AUDIOSENSE T800? [/ QUOTE]

Unfortunately the group has not yet discovered this inear. A friend bought it and I was so impressed that I made my order. As soon as I arrive I will make the first impressions.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #24,561 of 33,689
I wonder whether it is in some cases imagination based on bias whether an expensive earphone is better than a cheap one: again, I paid >$100 for the Sennheiser in-ear Momentum, therefore I wonder whether I could admit to myself that the $20 DZAT DF10 sounded equally good or even better. A blind test would have helped. I am not sure over two years later whether the Senns are really better. But I expect the Senns to be better because they were so much more expensive. In this context, can lavish packaging/accessorization do the same: convince us that the product is as good as its presentation?

The Inpher Fuqing at $3.19 (that's what I paid) is allegedly the best-selling earphones at aliexpress. And I can't find much wrong with it...sure it is V-shaped etc. but it works on the (!) bus...well the bass...
If you have a t2 or any sub $50
Chifi should I be bothered with mh755

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #24,562 of 33,689
I wonder whether it is in some cases imagination based on bias whether an expensive earphone is better than a cheap one: again, I paid >$100 for the Sennheiser in-ear Momentum, therefore I wonder whether I could admit to myself that the $20 DZAT DF10 sounded equally good or even better. A blind test would have helped. I am not sure over two years later whether the Senns are really better. But I expect the Senns to be better because they were so much more expensive. In this context, can lavish packaging/accessorization do the same: convince us that the product is as good as its presentation?

The Inpher Fuqing at $3.19 (that's what I paid) is allegedly the best-selling earphones at aliexpress. And I can't find much wrong with it...sure it is V-shaped etc. but it works on the (!) bus...well the bass...
If you have a t2 or any sub $50
Chifi should I be bothered with mh755

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #24,563 of 33,689
Definitely the ikko OH10 no doubt. From my AB session, the OH10 stands out with its significantly bigger soundstage and fuller sound. Tested out of my S10 with Spotify tracks since not everyone owns a DAP. I hope this helps. Cheers! :)

I have the OH10 and find the sound is waaaaay WAAAAAAAAY laid back, even with a pair of Spiral Dots. It's has "full sound" in low/lower-mid and higher-mid sinks right in.. it's a bit disconcerting with classic rock, especially where power ballads become almost lullabies. Also definitely not recommend for classical :p

My other (admitted to) IEMs are pure-BA K10U's, so a huge difference in drivers and tuning. The OH10 with DD win hands-down in how dense the low is (although the K10U's have better sub differentiation do to how comparatively lean they are in the lows), and then OH10 music falls out in any high-mids and vocals. It would be interesting to see how these respond to an aggressive high-mid EQ.

That said, the OH10's are much easier to fall asleep to music in/with. Definitely not going back to pure-BA designs after this and I can see how people who listen to mostly EDM-esque music might really like the OH10.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #24,565 of 33,689
.. must be a nightmare for many bloggers as it comes without a box.

Uhg, all these reviews. I skip the 'unboxing' and 'accessory' review sections. The only parts of interest to me are comfort and sound comparisons. I also skip sections on 'cable pairings'.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #24,566 of 33,689
Uhg, all these reviews. I skip the 'unboxing' and 'accessory' review sections. The only parts of interest to me are comfort and sound comparisons. I also skip sections on 'cable pairings'.
Lol same

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #24,568 of 33,689

That's why reviews that post content in neatly labeled sections are nice. You can skip to what you care about. Reviewers could always take a cursory glance at a product and only cover a small portion of the overall experience. Definitely saves them a lot of time and lets them pump out rapid reviews with little to no effort required. Of course with those reviews, people that appreciate learning about every aspect of what their money is being spent on are left hanging. They may be upset to find out that the included tips or cables are crap and they need to drop additional money to replace them. It's kinda nice that we have both well-rounded and more focused reviews available.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #24,569 of 33,689
tin t2 does not sound so different to mh755 imo, mh755 only has a more sub bass and less treble .
my daily use is t2 for vocal, classical music, and for everything else mh755, they complement each other well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back