Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #24,467 of 33,689
I've had the same issue, no charity will take them. All for hygienic reasons it seems which I understand, but also find annoying. My parent's are going to India in a few weeks so I am giving them all my IEMs and a few earbuds to take down there to donate to a music school. Let me know if you'd like to donate any of yours as well to them. My parents will will donate school uniforms, food, and the headphones this time around.

Ahh I'm from India please donate me some earphone.

Like seriously if it's possible and alright.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #24,468 of 33,689
so would a ES100 drive (do it justice..) the Tin P1 properly? :ksc75smile:
I think in balanced on high gain it should go easy

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #24,469 of 33,689
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #24,471 of 33,689
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #24,472 of 33,689
Ahh I'm from India please donate me some earphone.

Like seriously if it's possible and alright.
Your image is too bad for attracting charity. By that I mean that you have an IEM that's too expensive in your avatar. I'm so poor I don't even have an avatar :frowning2: :D You should choose an avatar with an earphone that's rated F on crinacle's list, maybe that'll help :D

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #24,473 of 33,689
ES100 with P1 - Source at 100% volume

3.5mm : I'm at a good low listening volume at -15dB (-60dB to +6dB scale) but can definitely get louder if i wanted to.

2.5mm : I'm good at about -15dB volume as well

in both cases -10dB would be my "fun" listening volume.

so, yea this thing is pushing the ES100, but it can handle it.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #24,474 of 33,689

3.5mm : I'm at a good low listening volume at -15dB (-60dB to +6dB scale) but can definitely get louder if i wanted to.

Ok on high or low gain ?

Is the sound quality still good if you pushing the es 100 so high are you a high volume or low volume listener

Did you measure these whit or whit or whitout eq on it gets overall quieter if you enable eq

Thanks that you checked that out

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #24,475 of 33,689
Well actually I listened to a lot of sets there from $500-2k. Andromeda, Solaris, Hyla, UE18/RR, CanalWorks, Faudio Major, IER-Z1R, Dunu dk4001, etc... The only ones that captured my attention were the Acoustune 1650, Oriolus Reborn/MK2 (lovely), Andromeda/Solaris (solaris is way too big for my asian ears), and Canalworks U12aex (wonderful what 2 BA does in this set).

I was gonna ask you on that Canalworks. Quite interesting but its so very rare. Also surprised the FAudio Major didn't wow you as much as the 1650 did (those are really good). Hyla CE-5, good mids, I think?

Figured I'd drop some subjective impressions on a bunch of budget gear I had a chance to listen to last night. Impressions are based on a couple minutes with each earphone, scanning through bits and pieces of tracks I am intimately familiar with. Keep your grains of salt close by. I'll keep things straight and to the point since fluff is offensive. Let's start with a recent hype train love child.

Sony MH755: Didn't realize the Harmon curve was intended for bassheads. Mids are weird. Somewhat recessed, fairly lean. Would need more time to nail down what's wrong with it. Treble is clear and detailed, fairly reserved and imo the most enjoyable aspect. Sound stage is generic budget cheapo; i.e. nothing special. Overall somewhat forgettable but enjoyable enough for a generic, consumer friendly tune. Worth the ten bucks, but I'd rather spend half that on the better built and sounding (imo) EDR1, or even the ancient YHC S600 or whatever name it's going by nowadays.

One thing I got out of this is that TRN is all over the place with their tunes. Not a bad thing because variety is the spice of life, unless of course you feel everything should prescribe to one "perfect" tune. Other brands (KZ, BQEYZ come to mind) seem to just rehash the same signature with mild variations. Not necessarily a bad thing if done well, but it does get boring and predictable. Good on TRN for trying something new with almost every release.

MH755: haha, a friend of mine instantly had the same reaction "whoa, dude, bassy" getting rid of the foam and closing the vent did alleviate the bass a bit for him. Used to thought that I didn't like bass. Turns out I'm just not that bothered by them due to low volume listening and unless its absolutely messy/bloated, I can live with it. Pity the soundstage is really average, imaging is quite good though. Clean, is how I would describe them.

I think trying to nail down 1 sound signature (house sound, as some would call it) and refine it is a much better path to take for a budding company. ZS10 Pro being the culmination of that house sound (even some hardcore KZ hater had to admit it was "not bad, a solid C if it were to be ranked":wink:)

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #24,476 of 33,689

I don't understand your notation. -xdB of what? What's the resulting volume? Or are those numbers just some player specific markers without any measurements underpinning them?

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #24,477 of 33,689
Jun 20, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #24,479 of 33,689

I find that planars, in general, like higher output impedence. Do you find that to be true with these. Not just power but higher output ratings.

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #24,480 of 33,689
I find that planars, in general, like higher output impedence. Do you find that to be true with these. Not just power but higher output ratings.

For the planar over-ears I have experience with, I do find that higher OI amps can help soften some of the edginess of the planar speed and almost act like a tube amp in some ways. This is just a really generalization though, based on a few planar headphones I own. The HE560 for example has an interesting upper mid transition where it has a dip then a big rise. I've read about people having issues with this sound, but I never experienced it using any of my amps, which have been closer to 10 Ohm OI but with plenty of power. It was only when I tried listening to it on the RME ADI-2 DAC with its near 0 output impedance that I experience the bright sound of that region. I don't know if that's totally related to OI or if it's a power issue. The RME ADI-2 DAC is probably the "weakest" desktop amp I've owned since I've gotten the HE560, but it has plenty of power in it.

So, i am left inconclusive to your question. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back