Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 8, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #22,906 of 33,689
Screenshot (257).png
Screenshot (256).png

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #22,908 of 33,689
Hi, I’m new here and hoping crossposting isn’t frowned upon, sorry if it is! I got helpful reply’s from Surfgeorge on my topic, but I think many people here in this Chi-Fi topic could give me some additional advice. I’m looking for someone that’s used some or most of these iems on my shortlist:

Hifi boy OS V3 (not many reviews but all are very positive)

Ikko OH1 (does it have enough (sub)bass without a dynamic driver?)

Moondrop Kanas Pro (read it needs a lot of power to drive and I may be sensitive to the zinc that’s in the alloy)

Shozy x Neo CP (great fit but little bass?)

Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 Pro (bad cable, enough (sub)bass with only BA’s?)

I like the sound of my Revonext QT2 (engaging, fun, subbass, good mids and treble) but I can’t get a seal that stays put when moving about. No matter what tips I use.

I will be using it with my iPhone XS and Apple 3.5mm dongle but am considering the Radsone ES100 if it gives me better SQ. Budget is $150 - $225 for the iems. I’m looking for something with a more secure/ deeper fit (I can handle triple flange tips on my Etymotic) and better noise isolation than the QT2, but a sound signature that’s comparable to the QT2 or better (I’m no basshead but that tight bass/subbass is a nice add on).

I’m leaning to the OSV3 or KPE, but have some doubts about the latter (see above).

Hope some of you could chip in with your advice and experience with these iems or maybe some iems I haven’t even considered yet. Thanks!

From the Primeaudio.org review of the QT2:
RevoNext-QT2-frequency-response.jpg
Want some serious fun? Try the KZ ZSN PRO
It does everything the QT2 does, but better! -No harshness or sibilance, and the comfort and contour on the housing will win you over!
...Unheard of price, for such an advantage in sound and quality! :point_left::yum:

Apr 8, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #22,909 of 33,689
A couple random questions regarding the Moondrop Kansas Pro:

1. Are these ok for moderate exercise? Like being on an elliptical at the gym with some sweat?

2. It looks like a smart phone can power them but wasn’t sure how well given the 32ohm impedance. Any comments on this?

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #22,910 of 33,689
A couple random questions regarding the Moondrop Kansas Pro:

1. Are these ok for moderate exercise? Like being on an elliptical at the gym with some sweat?

2. It looks like a smart phone can power them but wasn’t sure how well given the 32ohm impedance. Any comments on this?

There are some better fitting solutions kpe is not well known for his fit

A modern smartphone can easy drive 32 ohm impedance

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #22,912 of 33,689
It does everything the QT2 does, but better! -No harshness or sibilance, and the comfort and contour on the housing will win you over!
...Unheard of price, for such an advantage in sound and quality! :point_left::yum:

I have 2 KZs already and wanted to try something else :ksc75smile: but KZ are great for the money!

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #22,913 of 33,689
Thanks! Any recs for sub $200 iems that would do well for moderate gym use?
The dm6 fits well and secure but who nows maybe the kpe doesent fall of your ear when you do elliptical training there are somthing called ear fins to secure the iems more on the ear

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #22,914 of 33,689
Will do, I have an Oxygen on the way too. :)
I borrowed the Oxygen from a friend and I'm beyond blown away. If you can get the fit right you'll probably love them. Try the large Spinfits if you have issues.

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #22,915 of 33,689
I borrowed the Oxygen from a friend and I'm beyond blown away. If you can get the fit right you'll probably love them. Try the large Spinfits if you have issues.
Glad you enjoyed the Oxygen. It is highly musical to listen to with defined bass, warm midrange, controlled yet sparkly treble & big soundstage and here is my full review on it. :o2smile:

Apr 8, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #22,916 of 33,689
Glad you enjoyed the Oxygen. It is highly musical to listen to with defined bass, warm midrange, controlled yet sparkly treble & big soundstage and here is my full review on it. :o2smile:
I'll check out the review for sure. You sum up the Oxygen right here. It pairs VERY well with the DX156 and DX158.

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #22,917 of 33,689
Apr 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #22,918 of 33,689
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #22,919 of 33,689
Oh I got those already. Preordered them last year and only got delivered last month lol. They're like supercharged EP1 (which is practically Unicorn with more forward mids and highs) with even more presence of high frequencies (or the so called 'details' to some people) and dynamic sounding bass but with the caveats of multi driver hybrid IEM. I also feel like the bass actually hit weaker than either Unicorn and EP1 despite sounding like dynamic bass, but it may because of fit issues I have with them.

IMO they lost the magic of liquid velvety vocals Unicorn has though, and my ears prefer straight barrel-shaped shells and single driver IEMs, so I plan to part with them soon. I advice to just get Unicorn instead lol. The more I bought more of these audio stuff the more apparent the tremendous value that IEM holds, it's crazy how it could practically hold its own against stuff many times pricier like Fibae Black, E5000 and Flares stuff.

ah, should've guessed you were the few who pre-ordered them, haha.

Was interested to get them instead of the Moondrop Blessing, but maybe I'll wait for more releases this year.

I bit the bullet and also got a supposedly DLC-DD IEM, the Kepudi GS300? (not even very clear on the name and only sold by a single vendor here). Initial impressions is that its eerily similar to the Sony MH755 (the mids and highs, at least, I think the bass is mellower).

the DLC iem on the far left with also a few other stuff that I got to spend more time with.
qU9hX3e.jpg

Apr 8, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #22,920 of 33,689
So, ZSN Pro is upgraded and not such high-mids/low-highs boost as with original? Do You have graphs to compare?
Just curious as I could potentially recommend this to friends but don`t wish to buy myself. I`m not subscribed to KZ thread anymore so asking here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back