Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 23, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #22,201 of 33,689
I finally received the TRN Im1 after Canada post decided to keep them for a month.
I found it weird that almost no one talked about them.

Here are my first impressions (keep in mind that I'm not a reviewer) :
Let's start with the packaging. You get the iem, a janky cable and a 3 sizes of silicone tips. And let's not forget the cleaning cloth.
The iems themselves are beautiful, they look like a custom made iem. With the translucent blue, they are by far my best looking iem.
They fit really well... For an hour or two, then the part in the top of the iem starts to dig in my ear. A shame, I was really hoping for a good fit.
On the upside, it isolates extremely well.
Now for the sound. I tested them with the included tips for 10 seconds and then switched to foam tips immediately because I still can't stand the fit of silicone tips.
Keep in mind that I listen to metal.
Bass is amazing, it has a good amount of it and it's fast with lots of subbass. Compared to my KZ AS10 and KZ ZST, I find the bass on the Im1 to be way better.
Mids are where I'm starting to have an issue with these. It sounds like the music is missing something like it's hollow. To my ears the mids are recessed... A lot. This is even more of an issue when you listen to metal because you loose so much if mids are recessed.
Highs are plentiful and still manage not to be sibilant even at high volumes. But I have an issue with the highs. They sound tinny and fake.

I heard good things about those, but I'm not sure about what I saw and read now. Does anyone else have the TRN Im1?
Why doesn't more people own them?

I'm not sure if it's the right answer, but i'm trying to say how i see the fact not so many people own these.
I think the problem was that the IM1 started being sold for like 17-18$. After less than a month, TRN decided to push up the price near ~35$, or something around that price.
Many people were waiting for reviews when it was at 17$, but reviews came up just when the price had already been changed to ~35$.
So maybe people were just waiting for them to go down at their first price before buying a pair.
Many iems went out meanwhile and reviews came out speaking about a v-shaped earphone with brilliant highs, targeting them more to certain users.
The result is that many people that could buy it just didn't, the ones who wanted to buy have chosen other iems that came out after it and the ones that really bought them were less than expected.
This is my 2$.
Imho, just bad timing and pricing.. but i repeat.. this is only my cup of tea, just some hypotesis.

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #22,202 of 33,689
This graph should be listed as crime... arrrgh. They make you think it is a neutral earphone by smoothing it but theres about 15db beetwen the lowest point in mid range and the bass. Hugely upper mids focused also, should sound thin and lacking body.
The two biggest tuning sins in my opinion (and therefore subjective) show up in a graph as follows:

1. Mid-bass hump of a slowly decaying bass...pounds against my eardrums (eg. Urbanfun Hifi v1.; no problem when the bass is reasonably fast...but then it is frequently better extended, too).
2. That 3 kHz Chifi chainsaw peak...is fatiguing to me and therefore a huge dealbreaker (e.g. KZ ZSN)...it also creates an unnatural timbre....you won't find that peak in a Sennheiser.

Try listening to a Beethoven Symphony with a Knowledge Zenith earphone...painful for me!

DISCLAIMER: this is a personal opinion...the exchange of such is the whole idea of a discussion forum. If your opinion differs and the above does not apply to you -- good for you.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #22,204 of 33,689
Whats special about this Sony iems mh1c mh755 and mh750.. Why they Called better or better hyped atm like in clavinetjunkie review .. Do they have good resolving details because they follow harman curve? Can anyone explain this? And are they worth to have if you have bgvp dmg?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #22,205 of 33,689
I finally received the TRN Im1 after Canada post decided to keep them for a month.
I found it weird that almost no one talked about them.

Here are my first impressions (keep in mind that I'm not a reviewer) :
Let's start with the packaging. You get the iem, a janky cable and a 3 sizes of silicone tips. And let's not forget the cleaning cloth.
The iems themselves are beautiful, they look like a custom made iem. With the translucent blue, they are by far my best looking iem.
They fit really well... For an hour or two, then the part in the top of the iem starts to dig in my ear. A shame, I was really hoping for a good fit.
On the upside, it isolates extremely well.
Now for the sound. I tested them with the included tips for 10 seconds and then switched to foam tips immediately because I still can't stand the fit of silicone tips.
Keep in mind that I listen to metal.
Bass is amazing, it has a good amount of it and it's fast with lots of subbass. Compared to my KZ AS10 and KZ ZST, I find the bass on the Im1 to be way better.
Mids are where I'm starting to have an issue with these. It sounds like the music is missing something like it's hollow. To my ears the mids are recessed... A lot. This is even more of an issue when you listen to metal because you loose so much if mids are recessed.
Highs are plentiful and still manage not to be sibilant even at high volumes. But I have an issue with the highs. They sound tinny and fake.

I heard good things about those, but I'm not sure about what I saw and read now. Does anyone else have the TRN Im1?
Why doesn't more people own them?
I received them along with the Nicehck P3 (those deals came at the same time, talking about timing), listened to them for two hours and decided they're not worth my time or money. The bass is capable of punching but the highs are blown-up and the mids lack detail and sparkle.

Whats special about this Sony iems mh1c mh755 and mh750.. Why they Called better or better hyped atm like in clavinetjunkie review .. Do they have good resolving details because they follow harman curve? Can anyone explain this? And are they worth to have if you have bgvp dmg?
I've answered this extensively in another topic, please don't ask the same question in different places. :)

Feb 24, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #22,206 of 33,689

Very Good considering very cheap price, has a great value, smooth all across ranges, near harman target FR, punch bass but only slight midbass bleed, its just sounds good and right, not overdo , not missing something, but not so detailed either, nor have good sounstage. If you have DMG of course this thing cant beat it, but if doesnt hurt your pocket to grab it. I realized MH750 tto be a very good iem when i got my xperia Z1 long time ago, i couldnt believe it, that was best free complimentary earphone. I thought it just me being biased or something, until many years ahead then its brother MH755 received so many praises, even crinacle also praise it.

Edit : they have light shell too, and very great fit tips. the tips are really nice

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #22,208 of 33,689
I didn't wanna take my zs7 out today, dunno why.
I took really fast my pocket with the EDR1 in and ran to the bus.
While in the bus i plugged the EDR1 into my agptek m20 (benjie s5) and i still can't believe their price..
Boys, the EDR1 are ridiculously good and i think they can easily be a daily driver for everyone. The product i've bought for the price so far in my life.

I ordered the mh755 hope they are good they will be my last iem for a while
You liar, that won't be the last. Ahahaha

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #22,209 of 33,689
I didn't wanna take my zs7 out today, dunno why.
I took really fast my pocket with the EDR1 in and ran to the bus.
While in the bus i plugged the EDR1 into my agptek m20 (benjie s5) and i still can't believe their price..
Boys, the EDR1 are ridiculously good and i think they can easily be a daily driver for everyone. The product i've bought for the price so far in my life.

You liar, that won't be the last. Ahahaha
Edr1 is legit Legend status IEM. Amazing what $3 will get you. Throw in your Benjie to the mix, it's crazy that people can enjoy music so cheaply today.

Feb 24, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #22,210 of 33,689
The two biggest tuning sins in my opinion (and therefore subjective) show up in a graph as follows:

1. Mid-bass hump of a slowly decaying bass...pounds against my eardrums (eg. Urbanfun Hifi v1.; no problem when the bass is reasonably fast...but then it is frequently better extended, too).
2. That 3 kHz Chifi chainsaw peak...is fatiguing to me and therefore a huge dealbreaker (e.g. KZ ZSN)...it also creates an unnatural timbre....you won't find that peak in a Sennheiser.

Try listening to a Beethoven Symphony with a Knowledge Zenith earphone...painful!

Good thing none of us listen to that stuff on our KZ's then. Haha

Feb 24, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #22,211 of 33,689
My take on the NiceHCK DT600:

Head-Fi audioreviews.org

intro.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #22,212 of 33,689
I ordered the mh755 hope they are good they will be my last iem for a while

You do know that the cord is really short right because it was designed for use with Bluetooth receivers?

Are you planning on recabling yours?

Feb 24, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #22,213 of 33,689
Good thing none of us listen to that stuff on our KZ's then. Haha
The scientist in me says: "try it!". But, I should be aware that many Head-Fiers would perceive it as torture having to listen to the "Pastorale" even with a good single DD :wink:.

Feb 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #22,214 of 33,689
Its alive: www.audioreviews.org

And it contains:
1. An in-depth review of the NiceHCK DT600
2. All my 20 or so Head-Fi reviews
3. My measurements database
4. A comprehensive overview of reversible modding

It is never too late to bookmark it.

Way to go Otto. Looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back