Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 19, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #22,126 of 33,689
Any new C16 FR graphs out there?

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #22,128 of 33,689
Feb 19, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #22,129 of 33,689
Heya boys, a very little monkey question is destroying my mind today

Which is the CHEAPEST in ear you know that mounts Knowles driver? Even single driver one are accepted. Really curious about it.

Feb 19, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #22,130 of 33,689
You really should do back-vent-piston-mod :wink:
I agree about timbre, it is crazy good with contrabass and cello. With back-mod also soundstage width improves and bass/percussion gets tighter, more detailed, less quantity.
For example, with GoGo Penguin or Tesseract, bass/percussion tightness&details are very very good... but overall for wide range different genres, I prefer Kanas Pro with more neutral (Harman) signature in bass/percussion and better mids (which is modded IT01 main "fault").

Waiting for You website go up ;P
The back-vent-piston mod sounds interesting. Could you please point me to your respective post or send me a pm.

One of the features of the blog will be an overview of reversible modding techniques --- I am not re-inventing the wheel but it should be a good thing to have everything compact in one place (including references to the originals). Adding technical information (including a big measurements database) means diversification and a few steps further away from being called a marketing machine.

There will be pages on "How to reduce or increase treble/bass" etc. including explanations while this works. The idea is not destroying your iem when doing this -- hence reversible: No poking or drilling. The key ingredient will be micropore tape. This will hopefully start a frenzy of reducing V-shaped signatures fast and easily. I got a few cheepos from audiobudget days up to speed.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #22,131 of 33,689
Did I miss something or is nobody talking about the TRN V-30 yet? The housings look almost identical to the AS10/AS06. I'm really curious about this one!

Looks identical to the AS10/AS06 like you mentioned, and isn't "coil iron" a rough translation for a balanced armature? Probably going to
Did I miss something or is nobody talking about the TRN V-30 yet? The housings look almost identical to the AS10/AS06. I'm really curious about this one!

This is news to me! Looks indental, and sounds like it'll have the same driver setup, 3 BA/side, as the AS06 (at least I'm fairly certain that "coil iron" is the rough translation for balanced armature).

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #22,132 of 33,689
45914153011_a41ef35215_b.jpg

Feb 19, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #22,134 of 33,689
Heya boys, a very little monkey question is destroying my mind today

Which is the CHEAPEST in ear you know that mounts Knowles driver? Even single driver one are accepted. Really curious about it.

Tin audio T3? not sure if it is the cheaper one, but quite budget with knowles BA and theyre at least safe buy (considering you like neutral - balance with a bit bright signature)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back