1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. wind016
    I just got a pair of Ikko OH1. These are really good. Definitely the best pair in my collection. Highly resolving for an exciting sound sig. Impactful bass with emphasized vocals yet I don't hear if any congestion. I'm used to hearing congestion with this sound sig. It's very clean and airy sounding too. Very, very impressive for $140. The case is very beautiful. Pictures don't do it justice. It's not that reflective in person. It's a soft reflection. The case is also compact and comfortable. It doesn't stretch any part of my ears. The wire reminds me of KZ ZS10 wires which isn't too bad but it's not as nice as TFZ's. I don't get much sound from wire rub.

2. silverfishla
    Since your using the AP80...try using an ie match with your set, then to bring back a little clarity use the Soundfield option in settings at around 20.
    I find this to help out to even up an iem that where trebles or mids are aggressive.

3. HerrXRDS
    That would be quite a feat. I have dozens of IEMs with those 30095 BA's and no matter the configuration, nozzle, sound tubes, crossover, one or many, none reach the performance of even one single Knowles BA. They sound OK but just not as good or natural to my ears. I doubt cramming more of them would make things better.

4. Otto Motor
    Ouch...mine is stuck in Canada Customs...

5. PCgaming4ever
    first step buy an ie match lol I really need to get one but I may try messing with the settings. However they just aren't comfortable anyway.

6. Otto Motor
    No...but I will bring my blog online soon. Presently putting the finishing touches on it.

DrBrawler, CoiL and HungryPanda like this.
  7. Otto Motor
    I'd like to get my hands on one, too, and find out how it compares to the original IT01. The IT01's bass is a tad too strong but a simple air duct between tip and nozzle largely reduced the J-shape, moved the midrange forward, and added clarity and depth. What makes the IT01 special to me is its timbre (= tone colour or tone quality): a cello sounds like a cello. I have yet to find such a realistic timbre in a BA earphone.

The IT01S costs twice as much and I wonder whether iBasso have smelled the roast or it is really twice as good as the IT01?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    CoiL, DocHoliday and crabdog like this.
  8. crabdog
    Did I miss something or is nobody talking about the TRN V-30 yet? The housings look almost identical to the AS10/AS06. I'm really curious about this one!

v30.jpg

9. superuser1
    I wonder who comes up with these marketing phrases :D

Rhino73, paulindss, ketanbony and 3 others like this.
  10. audio123
    Yea it's good! My take on the Ikko OH1. Enjoy reading & happy listening, as always! :)

photo_2019-02-15_17-52-27.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    earplug, Rhino73, B9Scrambler and 5 others like this.
  11. PCgaming4ever
    Haven't even hear about it till today where did you find out about it?

12. PCgaming4ever
    darmanastartes, ShakyJake and Bartig like this.
  13. TechnoidFR
    I see that! Good thing!

Really disappointed

Few hours more bring no improvement.
    Stay the cable, maybe...

14. CoiL
    You really should do back-vent-piston-mod :wink:
    I agree about timbre, it is crazy good with contrabass and cello. With back-mod also soundstage width improves and bass/percussion gets tighter, more detailed, less quantity.
    For example, with GoGo Penguin or Tesseract, bass/percussion tightness&details are very very good... but overall for wide range different genres, I prefer Kanas Pro with more neutral (Harman) signature in bass/percussion and better mids (which is modded IT01 main "fault").

Waiting for You website go up ;P

audio123 and ShakyJake like this.
  15. zikarus
    I do, but have to admit that they have been laying around in a drawer for 2 months already, since I did not like them the one time I tried them ootb. Did not get a good seal with the provided tips and have not given them a second chance since my DM6 and Kanas Pro (arriving at the same time) took all my listening time.

Have meanwhile received new tips which should fit their small nozzle and will give them a second go somewhen.

The graph looks interesting indeed and reminds me a bit of the curve of the latest hype train (FA S6 Rui)...

Looking forward to your review...