Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 25, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #2,042 of 33,689
  My take on the C1002 Capsule! Read about it here.

​

Finally, a review on the 1more C1002 Capsule's! Cheers!
beerchug.gif

The Urbanfun has gone into the Vivo effect. At retail prices, both don't compete anymore. At sub $20, they dominate.

Yup! The Urbanfun is a great deal at that price in SQ and in Quality!

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2,043 of 33,689
How do you all feel about this post regarding multi-BA's being inferior? http://www.head-fi.org/t/679046/comparison-review-the-quads-westone-w4r-vs-logitech-ue-900-vs-sony-xba-40

Is a single dynamic driver (in an earbud) really that much superior to most name-brand multi-BA's? Are multi-BA's that flawed? Where does that leave more expensive Chinese multi-BA iems if brand-name companies cant even get crossover right according to the author? I posted in the sub-100 thread and wanted to hear opinions on this thread.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #2,044 of 33,689
  How do you all feel about this post regarding multi-BA's being inferior? http://www.head-fi.org/t/679046/comparison-review-the-quads-westone-w4r-vs-logitech-ue-900-vs-sony-xba-40

Is a single dynamic driver (in an earbud) really that much superior to most name-brand multi-BA's? Are multi-BA's that flawed? Where does that leave more expensive Chinese multi-BA iems if brand-name companies cant even get crossover right according to the author? I posted in the sub-100 thread and wanted to hear opinions on this thread.

I think that its definitely possible. In fact, some of my favorite IEMs, the C&M 01'16, use a single dynamic driver. Similarly, my all time favorite IEM, the Accutone Pisces BA, uses a single dynamic driver and a single BA driver. I think people are mistaking BA's as something that make standard DDs obsolete; this is far from true. High-quality sound from multi-BA setups requires complex and expensive cross-over circuits, something I doubt these copy-cat IEM makers can truly achieve for such a tiny price.

Just my two cents.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #2,045 of 33,689

I think the author is just trying to make a point that price is not all that is to a pair or earpiece. Like a cheap earpiece does not mean it is bad and like a expensive earpiece does not mean it is good either. Don't think he is saying multiple BA's are flawed either but I think he is saying that those multiple BA's at such a high price should afford better quality for their housing if cheaper iems could do it too. Lets take the SE846 for example (I've not tried it yet), but is it good? Definitely by all the reviews you can roughly tell it is a good pair of earpiece. But the price to performance ratio could be poor? Now lets take the VE Monk+ for example, is it good? Yeah it is. Better than the SE846? I highly doubt so. But its price to performance sure punches way higher than the SE846. It kind of boils down to your personal choice at the end of the day, do you want just performance packed earpieces at a very high premium or are you fine settling with good price to performance ratio earpieces that punches into higher price range earpieces but do not beat some of the TOTL earpieces

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #2,046 of 33,689
Haven't been on this thread in a while, glad to see we got a new one made up. What's been all the rage lately in terms of budget iem/earbuds? My RE-400s died on me and I've been looking for a nice daily driver replacement set.

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:58 PM Post #2,047 of 33,689

Like I said in the other thread. It's from 2013. It's pretty moot considering BA technology then and now

Oct 26, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #2,048 of 33,689
Which headphone has a similar sound signature of the **** 4 in 1 but a upgrade.

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #2,049 of 33,689
  I think that its definitely possible. In fact, some of my favorite IEMs, the C&M 01'16, use a single dynamic driver. Similarly, my all time favorite IEM, the Accutone Pisces BA, uses a single dynamic driver and a single BA driver. I think people are mistaking BA's as something that make standard DDs obsolete; this is far from true. High-quality sound from multi-BA setups requires complex and expensive cross-over circuits, something I doubt these copy-cat IEM makers can truly achieve for such a tiny price.

Just my two cents.

As long they have the wit and will, yes, I believe they can.

Oct 26, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,050 of 33,689
I know as I own them both but was wondering how they would compare to the urbanfun , but thanks anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

the urbanfun has more bass than the xe800. again, going from memory, the havi would be closer to the urbanfun in the sense that both are pretty neutral and not bright like the vivo. i do like the vivo alot--it's high end reproduction is remarkable--but have to admit that overall the urbanfun is a notch above.

Welp, made me pull the trigger along with Einsear T2 and MM TKH1

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #2,052 of 33,689
New TFZ Balance 2/2m to be released soon
Balance 2M is standard MMCX connection socket model supposedly same sound as the Balance 2 that will not have detachable cable.

The Balance will use a N52 neodymium magnet with dual chamber design
As its name implies it is supposed to be a more balance approach sound signature-wise than the TFZ S 1/3/5 series.
Shells are made of magnesium alloy material.

http://news.cnw.com.cn/news-china/htm2016/20161024_333995.shtml

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #2,053 of 33,689
Balance 2M is standard MMCX connection socket model supposedly same sound as the Balance 2 that will not have detachable cable.

The Balance will use a N52 neodymium magnet with dual chamber design
As its name implies it is supposed to be a more balance approach sound signature-wise than the TFZ S 1/3/5 series.
Shells are made of magnesium alloy material.

N52 neodymium magnet sounds interesting.

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #2,054 of 33,689
Look kind of ugly to me but hope they sound good. Nozzle seems also too short for me.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #2,055 of 33,689
[COLOR=313131]Balance 2M is standard MMCX connection socket model supposedly same sound as the Balance 2 that will not have detachable cable.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=313131]The Balance will use a N52 neodymium magnet with dual chamber design[/COLOR]
[COLOR=313131]As its name implies it is supposed to be a more balance approach sound signature-wise than the TFZ S 1/3/5 series.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=313131]Shells are made of [/COLOR][COLOR=313131]magnesium alloy material.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=313131] [/COLOR]

Looks interesting, though no news on their series 7 yet???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back