1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Huxley
    It's always been that price. It's the Aliexpress price that jumped, just as the 11.11 sale started which I thought was cheeky.

2. bogginhead
    I'm looking into a planar IEM, just in case I decide not to go with the Super SD7 Plus I've been eyeing for weeks now. I've checked out:

Senfer MT100

Toneking BL1

Audeze ISINE 10

I have zero problem with Chi-Fi (love it, in fact lol), and I can handle a few weeks wait if I have to. Which of these would you guys suggest? I do like a more neutral, midrange-based tuning. But if general sound quality / build quality is just astoundingly higher in a different product I'd be more inclined to go with it.

3. Bartig
    Were you the firestarter on this one? Cool! What makes them so good?

phrancini likes this.
  4. sarangajitrk
    Can anyone compare the Tin T2 with Soundmagic E80 earphones? I had the E80 for a while and really liked the mids and the bass.

5. zaqqwerty
    Anyone with TSMR 7star able to conpare it to dunu 2000 or flc 8s?

6. davidcotton
    Seems they've picked up a few things from amazon market place then. That always seems to creep higher just as a "sale" is around the corner.

7. maxxevv
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    trellus and Slater like this.
  8. TechnoidFR
    My collection IS
    Kz AS10
    KZ ZS10
    KZ ZS6
    MACAW GT600S
    BQEYZ KC2
    Tin Audio T2
    KZ ZSN

KZ ED9 which is same particularity than macaw

I love EB2 For my job ( phone technical assistant) because it's open and great sound !

I'll see next month for the dt300 which seems very interesting... Or dt500 I don't know really

Oh and I create a Twitter French fan account for KZ I create a community in France with my review

9. josesol07
    @ TechnoidFR could you please make a quick comparo between AS10 and BQEYZ KC2? How KZ ZSN holds against AS10?
    thanks

10. TechnoidFR
    Kc2 = zs6 without high treble peak, less isolated, more space. Great sub bass

Zsn is zst with better speed, more brilliant, more detail.

Globally is the as10 that I prefer. Technically better and more polyvalent

Kc2 is more neutral and aerial than as10. Less detail
    Zsn is more bassy, very fun, more brilliant and mids is more recessed

11. Otto Motor
    No, it was @Wiljen over at the audiofool blog...and it was also recommended to me by the seller as being good. This could be the new Rock Zircon for Igor.

Bartig likes this.
  12. Slater
    So all this talk about vintage Sony Walkmans made me dig out my old WM-AF54 Walkman (https://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_radio_cassette_player_sports_walkman_wm_af54.html).

The cool thing about these Walkmans, was they opened like a Pelican case. They were waterproof, and had a removable belt clip. The plastic Sony used is extremely high quality - thick, UV treated, with super heavy duty hinges. All of the stress points (clasp, etc) are reinforced with stainless steel. All of the holes and ports are covered by silicone plugs.

Mine stopped working years ago, but I recently found a purpose for it.

The entire cassette 'guts' are able to be removed (completely as 1 piece), by simply removing 2 screws. I then lined the inside of the case with adhesive-backed velvet/velour fabric.

It was so easy - it literally took under 10 minutes from start to finish.

Now I have a 'retro' carry case. The inside is plenty roomy. There is enough room for any of the following:

1. IEM + multiple cables.
    2. (2) IEMs + cables.
    3. IEM + a DAP or phone.
    4. DAPs + a headphone amp (cable included).

The case closes completely and securely with all of the combinations.

After 10 years of use and 20 years of sitting in a box, it looks as perfect as the day I bought it in 1989. The glue holding the radio tuning plate was old and crusty, so I reglued it with fresh epoxy.

Check it out:

Closed:
    DSCN0001.JPG

Inside with velour lining:
    DSCN0004.JPG

Amp + iPod classic with cable (amp on bottom):
    DSCN0005.JPG
    DSCN0008.JPG

Amp + iPod touch with cable (amp on bottom):
    DSCN0007.JPG

Amp + xduoo X3 (amp on bottom):
    DSCN0009.JPG

xduoo X3 with IEM:
    DSCN0012.JPG

IEM by itself:
    DSCN0010.JPG

Now I'm so Hipster and 'retrocool', I can ride to Starbucks on my pennyfarthing, pull out my HeadFi from my retro Sony Walkman storage case, and type my novel on a manual typewriter! haha

IMG-2931.JPG
    IMG-2932.JPG

In all seriousness though, I enjoy repurposing stuff that have would otherwise ended up in the landfill!

13. loomisjohnson
    i ended up succumbing to the hype and buying the d4--we'll see if there's a new <$10 champ. also the bqeyz bq3 (for some reason i couldn't pull the trigger on the dmg, dm6, audbos p4 and moondrop kanas, which i was also targeting).

14. randomnin
    I'm pretty sure typewriters and other superannuated tech are likely to lead to decreased effectiveness, so their rightful place is the landfill. If it really is ineffective, then it's more interesting as a sociological/psychological study subject than a great idea for adoption to one's everyday life.

But, yeah, yeah, I know it was mostly about the box, and I admit that using it is a good idea.

15. mbwilson111
    Did you buy your lucky bag yet? That could turn out to be a champ too. I just noticed that a few with mic have been added for those who need that option... but very few.