Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 30, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #19,276 of 33,689
Has anyone ever seen this "Ocooer" wood IEM?

$17, 9mm graphene (sprayed) driver, and comes with Whirlwind tips.

The construction looks nice (metal and wood), but the pics are all renderings so who knows what it looks like in real life (and what the construction quality is).

61qxTxK0+4L._SL1200_.jpg 71-o88Ex8XL._SL1500_.jpg

Oct 30, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #19,277 of 33,689
Has anyone ever seen this "Ocooer" wood IEM?

$17, 9mm graphene (sprayed) driver, and comes with Whirlwind tips.

The construction looks nice (metal and wood), but the pics are all renderings so who knows what it looks like in real life (and what the construction quality is).

For some reason they look painful to me.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:13 PM Post #19,278 of 33,689

Because the angled nozzles? The angle looks to be about the same degrees as a lot of IEMs - Magaosi BK50, BlitzWolf ES1, many KZs, etc.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #19,279 of 33,689
Because the angled nozzles? The angle looks to be about the same degrees as a lot of IEMs - Magaosi BK50, BlitzWolf ES1, many KZs, etc.

I don't know... maybe the edges. It is probably fine. I am sure you will tell us when you get yours:)

I am just interested in the ZSN and that new Brainwavz.

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #19,280 of 33,689
I don't know... maybe the edges. It is probably fine. I am sure you will tell us when you get yours:)

I am just interested in the ZSN and that new Brainwavz.

LOL, I haven't decided if I'm going to order it or not. I swore to myself not to get any more IEMs for a while, and then I went and ordered a purple ZSN haha

We need to start an addiction support group - HFA (HiFi Anonymous). I'm sure we would have no shortage of members.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #19,281 of 33,689
What chifi daps are you guys using(without any issues sonic wise) to drive the bgvp dm6s? They appear to be on the lower side of impedence. I am considering the zishan dsd ak4497 and as an alternative, the f.audio xs-02. thank you.

@facethemusic88 @Baam i have the Zishan DSD but the AK4495SEQ version since they released it ard 2 years ago and i can say it was one of the best purchase. The controls are very basic, nothing fancy and its rather easy to navigate. I dont really care abt what file format it supports but it does everything that i throw in, and it powers all my IEMs, buds, headphones easily. It also works as a DAC without any driver installation so its just plug and play.

The sound signature (AK4495) leans towards a more warm, full bodied sound, thicker mids and more bass presence. Battery life is ard 8+ hrs for a full charge.

The downpart is that (should be an isolated case) where at low volumes, the left channel sounds softer than right, but it only impacts me for super easy to drive IEMs like the AS10. Sometimes when u play a folder with unicode characters, the player hangs (also might be an isolated case). When turning the volume knob (again might be an isolated case) there is a slight distortion in the music. Navigation is easy but tedious sometimes as u cant skip pages in a folder so u need to go down all 100 times if u want to listen to the 101st song in the play list (can press and hold the down button though)

Other chi fi DAP i have are Benjie S5, Xduoo X3. And Zishan Z1. Benjie S5 is cheap and good, just that the navigation is less intuitive, and i find the stepped volume control is hit or miss for alot of IEM (at level 3 is too soft and level 4 is too loud).

Xduoo X3 is just good at almost everything after rockboxed. The controls are the most intuitive (might be abit diff initially but once u get the hang of it its superb), plays all formats that i throw in, cuesheets, can add any random songs to the playlist, small, light, looks great, focken games, applications inside (tho i nv tried any before xD). Downside are when u switch between albums with different sampling rates, there will be a click in between (can be solved by setting a default sampling rate instead of letting the player to change automatically), when displaying unicode characters, only certain themes will show as the font size is too small, oh ya and u can change the playlist and navigation themes! And the player last less than 8 hrs on a full charge.

The Zishan Z1 has no screen, just basic controls with some inbuilt EQs. Soundwise i enjoy them alot as they are very musical to me and it also works as a DAC. Because its screenless and my soundcard is spoilt, they just serve as my DAC now.
as i explained to @facethemusic88 in zishan dsd thread, beware of new zishans.
old zishan dsd (ak4495seq, stock version) has ~0.2Ω output impedance (nice for multi-BA iems), but 470uF output coupling caps. measurements.
but new zishan dsd seems to have 22Ω output impedance (and guess zishan z1 also has high output impedance). this is a deal breaker for multi-BA iems, because it causes noticeable tonal alterations to multi-BA iem's original sound. DM6 is 5xBA and ~20Ω!
here is an extreme example of what a high output impedance source makes to BAs' sound. but alas, some people even prefer this altered sound than original intention..
if someone is going to spend on DM6, i'd suggest rockboxed xduoo X3 like @weedophile , or even xduoo X20 (received one a few days ago, rockboxed it, using single end and balanced outputs, and i'm very happy with it, although it's 2x the price of X3).
both plenty of power, extreme low output impedance, low noise and distortion overall. only disadvantage is some hiss (in X3; i've not checked it in X20 yet).

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #19,282 of 33,689
LOL, I haven't decided if I'm going to order it or not. I swore to myself not to get any more IEMs for a while, and then I went and ordered a purple ZSN haha

We need to start an addiction support group - HFA (HiFi Anonymous). I'm sure we would have no shortage of members.

Maybe not...no one seems to want to quit.

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #19,283 of 33,689

Hello, my name is Jake. I have too many IEMs...

Oct 31, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #19,284 of 33,689

I was going to sign up! :thumbsup::blush: ...But, I'm so addicted, I might not show up! :thumbsdown::sob:

Oct 31, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #19,285 of 33,689
It's called obsessive compulsive disorder, and the meds just increase my appreciation of the music!

Seriously though.

I'm still agonizing over the decision between the dm6+tk bl1/or **** mt100 , OR the RHA CL2. Or the next TFZ ba release....

Also the artiste dc1 is on the way.

And have a shanling m5s on preorder.

It just never ends....

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:16 AM Post #19,287 of 33,689
Hello slater, could iquestion you ? :D
1.do you think that qkz dm6 and kz edr1 are the same product?
2. Do you think i should grab the hd9 at like 2$ or just picking the edr1? Sounds like it's the best earphone under 5$.

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #19,288 of 33,689
Unfortunately I don’t have any experience with the ISK SEM series.

As far as others in the same price range as the CK8 (ie extreme budget range ie <$5), the KZ EDR1 are better build and sound. The MoreBlue DM8 also has better sound than the CK8, but it is built very iffy and the fit can be difficult with some people. Fonge T01 sounds good too, but again the build quality can be iffy. Finally, the W1 Pro is also a decent consideration, which has a great fit and removable cables.

If I had to rank the <$5 IEM choices, I would say:

1. KZ EDR1
2. Fonge T01 (known by other names)
3. MoreBlue DM8 (known by other names)
4. KZ EDSE
5. W1 Pro
6. KZ EDR2
7. QKZ DM7
8. QKZ CK8
9. QKZ DM8
10. QKZ DM9

The biggest issue with this price range is the build quality. Usually you get abysmal build quality. And what good is a $5 IEM if it lasts 3 months? It would be better to get a $12 IEM that lasts 2 years, especially when it would likely have better sound.

I know I sound like a broken record, but it really is hard to beat the EDR1 for $3. It’s comfy, built like a tank, and sounds great. Sure, it’s got a v-shaped signature, but 90% of ChiFi is. The EDR1 is “v-shaped done right”. It can also be modded for a more balanced sound.

I would take the EDR1 any day over any QKZ (even the VK1). And I’ve given QKZ numerous chances.

I do have a QKZ VK3 on the way. Since it’s based on the ZS3 shell, I know what to expect with the fit and build quality. I mainly bought it to use for driver swaps, so even if the sound sucks (which there’s a high chance it will) I’m OK with it because I kinda expect that from QKZ. Who knows though; maybe QKZ will surprise me (they did with the VK1).

That angle is featured in the Xiaomi Piston series (i have the fresh version which i don't find so much comfy with that angled nozzle, dunno why but it feels weird in the ear, at least for me

Oct 31, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #19,289 of 33,689
It's called obsessive compulsive disorder, and the meds just increase my appreciation of the music!

Seriously though.

I'm still agonizing over the decision between the dm6+tk bl1/or **** mt100 , OR the RHA CL2. Or the next TFZ ba release....

Also the artiste dc1 is on the way.

And have a shanling m5s on preorder.

It just never ends....
The ARTISTE DC1 is so nicely balanced with plenty of details from end to end. You can't go wrong with them, except not having removable cables, which would have been a plus!

Oct 31, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #19,290 of 33,689
as i explained to @facethemusic88 in zishan dsd thread, beware of new zishans.
old zishan dsd (ak4495seq, stock version) has ~0.2Ω output impedance (nice for multi-BA iems), but 470uF output coupling caps. measurements.
but new zishan dsd seems to have 22Ω output impedance (and guess zishan z1 also has high output impedance). this is a deal breaker for multi-BA iems, because it causes noticeable tonal alterations to multi-BA iem's original sound. DM6 is 5xBA and ~20Ω!
here is an extreme example of what a high output impedance source makes to BAs' sound. but alas, some people even prefer this altered sound than original intention..
if someone is going to spend on DM6, i'd suggest rockboxed xduoo X3 like @weedophile , or even xduoo X20 (received one a few days ago, rockboxed it, using single end and balanced outputs, and i'm very happy with it, although it's 2x the price of X3).
both plenty of power, extreme low output impedance, low noise and distortion overall. only disadvantage is some hiss (in X3; i've not checked it in X20 yet).

Holy moly, going from 0.2Ω to 20Ω! I fail to understand why they would do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back