Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 13, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #18,001 of 33,689
Received the Tin Audio T1's. And I must say... I'm pissed.

Either I'm just a complete ***** for treble and my hearing is broken or these are really quite neutral and not warm at all. They do compare quite well to my Hifiman RE-400's and might quite be the most "reference-like" IEM's I've heard bellow 100$, alongside the RE-400's. They don't quite have the same resolution as the Hifiman's, but really, it's not by much. And besides, they have a much more satisfying bass.

Why do some people say these are warm and lack treble? Are people nowadays completely into just treble?

Thank god I didn't buy the T2's...

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #18,002 of 33,689
Yes, they’re the ZS3 successor. They have excellent bass, which is the star of the show. I’ve compared it before to a ZS3 on steroids. It takes everything good about the ZS3 and makes it better.

And they’re only $12 or so, so yes IMO they’re worth it (especially when you consider the jump in price many recent KZs have made).

As far as the tips, they come with new version of Starlines tips, which are awesome. The cable is great too. It’s basically ready to go out of the box (and sounds great). KZ did a really good job with it, and taking everything into account, it has that high value-to-dollar ratio that KZ is traditionally known for.

I’m not going to claim it is better than some X or Y $50 or $100 IEM, but rather it’s worth every penny of the measly $12ish it goes for.
for a nanosecond or so the zs3 was the go-to kz, and they're still the best-fitting, best-isolating kzs (imo). to the extent the new zs4 amps up the treble and detail, they're definitely a must-have at $12. inasmuch as any of this crap is a must-have.

Sep 13, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #18,003 of 33,689
Received the Tin Audio T1's. And I must say... I'm pissed.

Either I'm just a complete ***** for treble and my hearing is broken or these are really quite neutral and not warm at all. They do compare quite well to my Hifiman RE-400's and might quite be the most "reference-like" IEM's I've heard bellow 100$, alongside the RE-400's. They don't quite have the same resolution as the Hifiman's, but really, it's not by much. And besides, they have a much more satisfying bass.

Why do some people say these are warm and lack treble? Are people nowadays completely into just treble?

Thank god I didn't buy the T2's...
Give it some time...

Sep 13, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #18,004 of 33,689
IMG-20180913-WA0047.jpeg
Trn v80, arrived today
Fantastic until i tried to change eartip
Nozzle was faulty

I love in italy, ak audio store shop
Do u think they're gonna help me?

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #18,005 of 33,689
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum.
My Sony MDR-EX650AP broke a couple of weeks ago so I was looking for a new pair of IEMs/earbuds. I do have some experience with chinese IEMs/earbuds since I bought the Rock Zircon of Aliexpress. I like these a considerable amount less than the Sony ones that I had (they were also more than 5 times as cheap though). That's why I'm looking for a new pair and since these Chinese companies offer a great value for money, that's definitely where I'm planning to buy. I did some research and did see some seemingly great ones, but I'm looking for the absolute best. There are just so many options that it's just a bit overwhelming though. That's why I came here to ask what would be the best pair of IEMs/earbuds for me. I mainly listen to hip-hop and I do like a good bass. My budget is 50 euros (=58 dollars), but if it's a bit above that and they're really worth it I definitely wouldn't mind paying some more. I hope someone can help me :)
Look into something from TFZ, guarantee it will work for you and plenty in that price range

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #18,006 of 33,689
Hi guys,

I have some sad news, my vivo ex800 died :frowning2:
The good news is that I have to buy new IEM.
The other news is that I totally missed the progress here and I hope you guys can help me out once again;

The fit of the vivo's were amazing. I have some KZ's (ZST and ATR) but they have an aweful fit for my ears. When mixing my vivoz with my senser H1 I sometimes missed a bit of a bass in the vivos. But found the highs a bit hot on the H1 while they totally rocked on the vivo. man I loved that clarity of the vivo...

So an perfect mariage would like
- tiny bit more bass than vivo but keeping the excellent clarity
- same comfort to wear as the vivo
- integrated mic
< 50 $

I think the B3 BossHiFI will be perfect fit but it doesn't have a mic so there might be better options. Because of my work I have to call alot and having a mic just makes it more comfortable. Anyone suggestions?

How would the einsear T2 fit in?

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #18,007 of 33,689
Hi guys,

I have some sad news, my vivo ex800 died :frowning2:
The good news is that I have to buy new IEM.
The other news is that I totally missed the progress here and I hope you guys can help me out once again;

The fit of the vivo's were amazing. I have some KZ's (ZST and ATR) but they have an aweful fit for my ears. When mixing my vivoz with my senser H1 I sometimes missed a bit of a bass in the vivos. But found the highs a bit hot on the H1 while they totally rocked on the vivo. man I loved that clarity of the vivo...

So an perfect mariage would like
- tiny bit more bass than vivo but keeping the excellent clarity
- same comfort to wear as the vivo
- integrated mic
< 50 $

I think the B3 BossHiFI will be perfect fit but it doesn't have a mic so there might be better options. Because of my work I have to call alot and having a mic just makes it more comfortable. Anyone suggestions?

How would the einsear T2 fit in?
bqeyz kc2 would be worth looking into

Sep 13, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #18,008 of 33,689
Sep 13, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #18,009 of 33,689
Trn v80, arrived today
Nozzle was faulty

try to get a partial refund, and glue it yourself.
i'd love to love in Italy..

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #18,010 of 33,689
Trn v80, arrived today
Nozzle was faulty

Ouch!

It’s hard to tell from your picture, but did the BA drivers detach and stay in the nozzle part? If so, you’re screwed.

Otherwise, if the BAs stayed down in the IEM, and the nozzle is just an empty piece of metal, then the nozzle can be reglued no problem. Just don’t use super glue! Use fast setting 2-part epoxy (and remember less glue is more).

BTW, what part of Italy do you live in?

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #18,011 of 33,689
tfz exclusive 3?
I've tried to the old TFZ Series 1 and 1S. Big bass, good mids, good treble. From what I've read about TFZ, that is their general signature.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #18,012 of 33,689
Ouch!

It’s hard to tell from your picture, but did the BA drivers detach and stay in the nozzle part? If so, you’re screwed.

Otherwise, if the BAs stayed down in the IEM, and the nozzle is just an empty piece of metal, then the nozzle can be reglued no problem. Just don’t use super glue! Use fast setting 2-part epoxy (and remember less glue is more).

BTW, what part of Italy do you live in?

As you can see, the BA fell apart with the nozzle.
That was a faulty unit i think, it just popped off without even making pressure.

I live in Turin anyway.
15368737519821538921875883549529.jpg

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #18,014 of 33,689
I wrote them, i think they will answer in a few hours.

Hope they can help me, as a university student they were the last money i could spend for some gear.
Contact AK Audio and include a photograph they may help you

It's crazy how unlucky am I.

Sep 13, 2018 at 8:14 PM Post #18,015 of 33,689
As you can see, the BA fell apart with the nozzle.
That was a faulty unit i think, it just popped off without even making pressure.

I live in Turin anyway.

Aww, that’s really unfortunate. Not going to be able to repair that. Hopefully the seller (or TRN themselves) can help out with a warranty replacement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back