Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 12, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #17,971 of 33,689
I don't know why it took so long for the 9T to catch on. I've been recommending it since I reviewed it almost a year ago (September 2017) lol. :dt880smile:

For me, it was the fit. I literally could not imagine how they would fit into a human ear. Once I saw a picture of someone wearing them, they were much more appealing. Plus, the praise seemed suspiciously like over-hype. Glad to say, its praise is well-deserved and they are reasonably comfortable.

Sep 12, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #17,972 of 33,689
I agree with @1clearhead . Magaosi has a winner here with the MGS-401. Out of the box, I feel that it has an agile performance which gives high engagement. In addition, it has great details retrieval and the soundstage gives an open feeling. :o2smile:

Will post some pictures later!

Here is another link for more information on the MGS-401!
https://penonaudio.com/magaosi-mgs-401.html
Yup! He aced it with this model. The acrylic resin on the housing is truly a beauty to look at. :beerchug:

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #17,973 of 33,689
IMG_20180912_145350.jpg

IMG_20180912_145358.jpg

I have a queen in the house!!! and and oh my isn't she from the beautiful type!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #17,974 of 33,689
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #17,975 of 33,689
My first impressions are that i absolutely love these!!! easily my favourite iem that I have ever owned!!! Such amazing, lush and natural vocals that only sound ever soo slightly recessed. Great powerful bass that sounds controlled and satisfying, with highs that sound smooth and relaxing (maybe a little bit too much for my tastes). Some reviewers say that these sound more inside your head but not for me, they have decent soundstage for an iem that has a lot of body. Only tiny complaints soo far are I wish for a bit more clarity and separation with a tad more liveliness in the sound, however, with more burn in time and tip rolling I could possibly get the perfect sound I'm after. These definitely rival the it01s and I think they both compliment eachother really well. Lastly the build quality and fit is second to none with a gorgeous design and has the best, smooth fit I've ever experienced (maybe fh1s aswell) that fits flush inside my ears and very easy to forget that something is there.

Thanks crabdog and audio123 for all the help!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #17,976 of 33,689
My first impressions are that i absolutely love these!!! easily my favourite iem that I have ever owned!!! Such amazing, lush and natural vocals that only sound ever soo slightly recessed. Great powerful bass that sounds controlled and satisfying, with highs that sound smooth and relaxing (maybe a little bit too much for my tastes). Some reviewers say that these sound more inside your head but not for me, they have decent soundstage for an iem that has a lot of body. Only tiny complaints soo far are I wish for a bit more clarity and separation with a tad more liveliness in the sound, however, with more burn in time and tip rolling I could possibly get the perfect sound I'm after. These definitely rival the it01s and I think they both compliment eachother really well. Lastly the build quality and fit is second to none with a gorgeous design and has the best, smooth fit I've ever experienced (maybe fh1s aswell) that fits flush inside my ears and very easy to forget that something is there.

have you heard the king pro?

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #17,977 of 33,689
have you heard the king pro?
No, but I have had the it01s which apparently sound very similar. The mids were the weak point of the it01s for me, which sounded more thin, unnatural and recessed when compared to the queen's. The bass is really similar, but I prefer he queen's bass a bit more as it is more full bodied. Soundstage, it01s have a bit more depth and width with better separation that contributes to more clarity better highs that sound more airy, extended and a bit more lively overall presentation.

Sep 12, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #17,978 of 33,689
Magaosi just upped his game! :thumbsup:

The Magaosi MGS-401 is an incredible deal! Besides the beautiful looks, it performs very well with awesome, and I mean AWESOME RESOLUTION! It has precise imaging and a large 3D-like soundstage!

I would buy these IEMs just on the appearance of the shells. They are gorgeous...

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #17,979 of 33,689
No, but I have had the it01s which apparently sound very similar. The mids were the weak point of the it01s for me, which sounded more thin, unnatural and recessed when compared to the queen's. The bass is really similar, but I prefer he queen's bass a bit more as it is more full bodied. Soundstage, it01s have a bit more depth and width with better separation that contributes to more clarity better highs that sound more airy, extended and a bit more lively overall presentation.

i haven't heard the IT01, but you might want to check out the Pro if you like the queen and want more clarity, separation and soundstage. the bass is also deeper to subbass on the pro

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #17,980 of 33,689
i haven't heard the IT01, but you might want to check out the Pro if you like the queen and want more clarity, separation and soundstage. the bass is also deeper to subbass on the pro
I was eyeing the pros for some time but alot of reviews on headfi and other sites stated the mids to be the weak point and sounding a bit thin just like on the it01s. The only other iem thats really intrigues me is the tfz secret gardens. According to most reviews they have great soundstage, lush mids, very powerful but controlled bass and smooth highs.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #17,981 of 33,689
I was eyeing the pros for some time but alot of reviews on headfi and other sites stated the mids to be the weak point and sounding a bit thin just like on the it01s. The only other iem thats really intrigues to me is the tfz secret gardens. According to most reviews they have great soundstage, lush mids, very powerful but controlled bass and smooth highs.

i think that is somewhat the TFZ house sound? they excel in huge soundstage and big bass, but the mids is recessed to compensate.it is still a clear good mids though. if you like clear forward mids, the Kanas is a great recommendation

Sep 12, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #17,982 of 33,689
i think that is somewhat the TFZ house sound? they excel in huge soundstage and big bass, but the mids is recessed to compensate.it is still a clear good mids though. if you like clear forward mids, the Kanas is a great recommendation
Then I think the tfz queen's are an exception as the mids are soo satisfying with the lushness, timbre and amazing vocals for both male and female. The width of the queen's are average as it has a lot of body to deal with but I am impressed with the heights as vocals just float up ever soo nicely and sound really intimate like your there in the stage. Will let these beauties settle in now and try experimenting on them with different tips and sources to see how much more quality I can extract from them! Absolutely satisfied purchase!

Sep 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #17,983 of 33,689

Glad you like it. Enjoy! :beyersmile:

Sep 12, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #17,984 of 33,689
Glad you like it. Enjoy! :beyersmile:
I absolutely love reading your reviews because your soo objective and have tried and will receive many more iems. Theres no bias in your reviews and all the reviews have similar structure which helped me find what I'm looking for. Once again thanks for all your help as you have really helped me in my long search of what I was looking for.

Sep 12, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #17,985 of 33,689
When did you contact him? I've been trying to get ahold of him for the last week about the Toneking T4s I bought on thejoker's recommendation but he doesn't respond at all and my order hasn't shipped...

I'd cancel my order but at $110 the price is just soooooo good.

My initial message, to see if the HM2 was still available, was at around 7PM (US Central Time) on 09-AUG-18.
His reply, with the current HM2 link, was ~3.5 hours later, that same evening.
By the time he replied, I had already gone to bed (since I have to get up at 4:30AM), so I got his reply the next morning.
Now, I will say that the Processing Time for all of my orders from HotFi has been longer than most of the other AliExpress vendors that I've purchased from.
Although, to be fair - both the HM1 & HM2 did have notices on their order pages that they are "Custom" assembled & tuned, which would add ~1 week to the order time.
They did ship my HM2 via DHL, so the actual Shipping Time was fairly short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back