Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 6, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #17,806 of 33,689
Loving them. Don't find the highs too agressive. Incredible textured bass. Open stage, better mids and highs than the revos. Giving more articulation to the sound. I think tbat they have thick mids with emphasis in lower to prevent sibilance. Decently extended highs. Overall a open sound with a good sparkle being pumped by massive bass. A very fun V without muddy mids at all. Just the opossite. My fool years can't identify huge drawbacks yet. Great for Pop, hip hop and etc. For 28$ ? The best value for money i have since tin audio for 33$.

The sound just feels well rounded, big, clear and uncongested. Authoritative. Physical.

IMG-20180906-WA0109.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #17,807 of 33,689
There is no way I can answer that question at this time. I have only used these for two or three hours. They arrived this afternoon. I have so much gear that it has been awhile since I used my IT01. I have been enjoying buds quite a bit lately and finally the weather is cool enough for headphones.

Anyway, isn't that question irrelevant now? You have sent them both back.
Plus you have the Queen coming ... is that correct? Also you said you did buy the Artiste DC1 which is an excellent IEM and I would have thought that would satisfy you.

Actually my answer to a question like that is "whichever one is currently in my ears." :)

Plus, don't forget I have never ever watched a movie or a tv show using iems, buds, or even headphones. We have a 5.1 home theater setup for that. I only use these things for music. So, if movies are your main use then I am probably the wrong person to advise you.
There was actually a thoughtful purpose behind those 2 questions I posed but let's just forget about all that. Anyways I'm glad your loving the 9ts, and I hope I will get along with the queen's aswell.

Sep 6, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #17,809 of 33,689
Loving them. Don't find the highs too agressive. Incredible textured bass. Open stage, better mids and highs than the revos. Giving more articulation to the sound. I think tbat they have thick mids with emphasis in lower to prevent sibilance. Decently extended highs. Overall a open sound with a good sparkle being pumped by massive bass. A very fun V without muddy mids at all. Just the opossite. My fool years can't identify huge drawbacks yet. Great for Pop, hip hop and etc. For 28$ ? The best value for money i have since tin audio for 33$.

The sound just feels well rounded, big, clear and uncongested. Authoritative. Physical.

Wow! They sound like something I have to try. The way you describe it is really tempting and the price is at a no risk factor for me. Will be ordering one of these from Ali.

Also I received the re-400s yesterday and have to say that it has fantastic mids and the most neutral sounding iem I've ever tried. It stays true to the source.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #17,810 of 33,689

Wow! They sound like something I have to try. The way you describe it is really tempting and the price is at a no risk factor for me. Will be ordering one of these from Ali.

Also I received the re-400s yesterday and have to say that it has fantastic mids and the most neutral sounding iem I've ever tried. It stays true to the source.

Glad you liked the REs, i love them!
I have few hours with the v80 but i have no shame reccomendding them. If you like huge bass and are not to sensitive to highs you are in good hands for sure. The tonal balance is very coherent.

Ps: some people report the highs being more uncontrolled in high volumes. But i only find it as a problem at completely unbeareble volumes!

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #17,811 of 33,689

Awesome! Thanks for the impressions! I impulse-purchased these at the last minute before the AE sale shut down and now I am glad I did. I was worried about the highs being too harsh. How's the fit and comfort? Looks like they might be putting pressure on your ears near the top of the shell.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #17,813 of 33,689
Trn v80s

I can see how the highs can be harsh to some people. For me they are almost at the limit. Can show sibilance in poor mastered records, be sure of that. Overall they give a very lively presentation. Reminds me the upper end of Kz ZSR in terms of volume. Very energetic. Less tiring for me but can still be to some. This is for sure a superior iem than the KZs mentioned.

They do tend to be more unbalanced towards the hashness as you add volume, as stated by @B9Scrambler but they become really unbalanced for me only in volumes that would give your phonoaudiologist a heart attack.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 9:41 PM Post #17,814 of 33,689
Awesome! Thanks for the impressions! I impulse-purchased these at the last minute before the AE sale shut down and now I am glad I did. I was worried about the highs being too harsh. How's the fit and comfort? Looks like they might be putting pressure on your ears near the top of the shell.

They weren't bothering me in the pictures. But i already changed the tips for larger ones. So they stopped making pressure.

When i put them on i immediately thought "dear god, bless Duno falcon c designers" the fit is deep, easy, comfortable and stable. Construction wise these fell sturdy by the way. Mine have the glossy finish.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #17,815 of 33,689
For anyone with the BQEYZ K2: if you find the mid-bass to be too strong, there is a small vent with some sort of filtering by the nozzle that can be poked with a needle. I did this to a BQEYZ KB1 clone, and the mid-bass was lessened considerably; however, probably at the cost of some fullness and dynamics. I’ll have to listen to these more so I can get a better feel of the effects of the mod. Also, WARNING, this mod is not 100% reversible as far as I’m aware, so try it at your own risk.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #17,816 of 33,689
@Nabillion_786

If you’re having trouble with your sources and you don’t want to replace your phone, I highly recommend the EarStudio ES100. It’s an incredible Bluetooth receiver that acts as a DAC/amp for portable use. As long as your phone supports either aptx, aptx HD, AAC, LDAC, or SBC, then it’ll work well. It also has really good EQ options in their app that don’t distort.

Sep 6, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #17,817 of 33,689
LRM_EXPORT_20180906_225341.jpg

Just took out to take the photo, and back to the ear!

Sep 6, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #17,818 of 33,689
@Nabillion_786

If you’re having trouble with your sources and you don’t want to replace your phone, I highly recommend the EarStudio ES100. It’s an incredible Bluetooth receiver that acts as a DAC/amp for portable use. As long as your phone supports either aptx, aptx HD, AAC, LDAC, or SBC, then it’ll work well. It also has really good EQ options in their app that don’t distort.
Thanks a lot man! I will definitely purchase one these if I ever get issues with my phone in the future. I also can't wait till my T2 arrives. Unfortunately, they still haven't sent my package as they have gone out of stock due to high demand.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2018 at 6:54 AM Post #17,820 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back