Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #33,676 of 33,689
I am looking to buy an iem safe from GROUND NOISE for my computer. How would I read the iem specification? Please suggest 1-2 iem

When my feet touch the floor, Blon 03 has humm noise but CCA CRA doesnt have noise.

My PC is using Soundblaster g1 dongle.

Blon has metal shell, CRA doesn't, so anything with resin or plastic shell? Alternatively earth your PC.:L3000:

Kiera Celeste Wyvern Pro is resin shell and comes with a boom mic. Sounds good but not as much bass as BL-03 or CRA. Better for gaming, locating footsteps etc.

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #33,678 of 33,689
Carpet said:
Blon has metal shell, CRA doesn't, so anything with resin or plastic shell? Alternatively earth your PC.:L3000:
---------

Does Moondrop Chu2 Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy shell will be problem?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #33,679 of 33,689
Guys, can you please recomend me an iem that's good for stage monitoring? I'm not looking for isolation, but for a relatively neutral sound (not too harsh, and not too bassy).
Somebody recomended me the thruthear hexa, but they are a little bit too pricey. Otherwise, I might consider the BQEYZ KC2.
What other ieams would you suggest me, that are not expensive?

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #33,680 of 33,689
Guys, can you please recomend me an iem that's good for stage monitoring? I'm not looking for isolation, but for a relatively neutral sound (not too harsh, and not too bassy).
Somebody recomended me the thruthear hexa, but they are a little bit too pricey. Otherwise, I might consider the BQEYZ KC2.

Hexa would be ideal and worth saving for.

7Hz Zero is a good alternative for $20.

Moondrop Chu has metal shell but non-removable cable (not the Chu2 which has bass elevated). :L3000:

Nov 17, 2023 at 5:20 PM Post #33,681 of 33,689
Carpet said:
---------

Does Moondrop Chu2 Aluminum-Magnesium Alloy shell will be problem?

Maybe, it's still conductive. Hard to say whether earthing with your Blon is a wiring short to the metal shell. There might also be a difference in how insulating the coatings on metal shells are. Something with a resin or PC shell should solve either of those problems. Similarly earthing your PC case, particularly if power socket doesn't include a third earth connection (two vs three prong plugs). :L3000:

Nov 19, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #33,685 of 33,689

I had BQEYZ K2, KC2, and BQ3 in the past. They sounded very similar to me, sort of generic V-shaped signature. Instead I'd suggest going for newer models released in past 2 years.

I was thinking of Hzsound Heart Mirror (OG, Zero, and Pro). Neutral, towards bright, without harsh highs, slightly bass light.

Honestly if not for the questionable fit, any one of Etymotic ER2, ER3, ER4 series can fit your bill.

Truthear Zero Red is cheaper than Hexa, but warmer than previous ones. Tin T2(Neutral bright), Moondrop Chu 2 and Tangzu Waner (sub $20 Harman-ish). Just to name a few. There's tons of other options out there.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2023 at 8:00 AM Post #33,686 of 33,689
Hello guys can you recommend me some iems? I’m looking for a female vocal focused iems with elevated upper-mids but with decent mid-bass as well. something Similar to Elysian gaea would be nice thanks

What's your budget?

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:27 AM Post #33,688 of 33,689
around 3500usd

Wow $3500 USD can get u most IEMs under the sun. What have you owned so far other than the Gaea?

TBH, if you don't have some midFI/TOTL sets, I would strongly recommend you to start at a budget IEM and sample various sound signatures, then upgrade up to midFI/TOTL and call it a day. Very risky to start from TOTL right at the start, in case the sound doesn't suit you.

For budget, something based on your first post would be the Simgot EA500?

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:34 AM Post #33,689 of 33,689
Wow $3500 USD can get u most IEMs under the sun. What have you owned so far other than the Gaea?

TBH, if you don't have some midFI/TOTL sets, I would strongly recommend you to start at a budget IEM and sample various sound signatures, then upgrade up to midFI/TOTL and call it a day. Very risky to start from TOTL right at the start, in case the sound doesn't suit you.

For budget, something based on your first post would be the Simgot EA500?
I owned the simgot ea200, mangird tea 2, blessing 2 dusk, dunu sa6 mk2 and Hidition viento so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back